Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Transporting a non-runner from UK to Ireland

• 15-01-2019 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have read a few older threads but am wondering if anyone has suggestions for someone who would pick up a non-runner in Stoke and drop it off to me here in the Midlands.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

I enquired about non runners before and generally the big 40ft trailer lads stay away so would need to be a small operator which will be expensive as he might only have 1 or 2 cars. I was getting quotes of 750 upwards. I went over in the end with jeep and trailer after getting cheap ferry crossings. Diesel and ferries worked out about 450

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭PanhardPL

unfit2006 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have read a few older threads but am wondering if anyone has suggestions for someone who would pick up a non-runner in Stoke and drop it off to me here in the Midlands.

Thanks.

Try Val McKenna Haulage on 087 2658069. He is moving stuff all the time from the UK. Yesterday he picked up a car for a friend down near gatwick.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭unfit2006

Sale of the car fell through so I did not require transportation after all. However for information sharing purposes, most of the regular companies which cover the UK-Ireland route were not interested in quoting for picking up a non runner even though the car in question was situated very centrally and on the route that most of the trucks travel. I got one quote for £430 from a company which answered an ad I put up on Shiply.com.

Advertisement