Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Forumsie

Manion wrote: »
    Why not just get sky broadband. It's all six of one and half a dozen of the other. Same service quality as it's all OpenEir.

Hmm, I've heard mixed reports on Sky broadband.

So do you remember was there a special vodafone contact in your welcome pack? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Anywhere to check prices of these new Camden houses?

theteal wrote: »

Ash from 395k
    Heron from 455k
    Hazel from 450k
    Willow from 520k

I'm assuming but don't know for sure that it's another 10k on top for houses with 2 parking spaces like in the last phases

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

theteal wrote: »

Hazels from 450k
    Herons from 455k to 485k
    Willows 520k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Hi,
    Can someone who has had their heating system serviced let me know who they used?

I found a small leak in a connection coming into the cylinder so need that looked at.

Maybe need to send private messages I guess?
    Not sure if we can share names of service providers.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Did they sell off the show houses?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Hi,
    Can someone who has had their heating system serviced let me know who they used?

I found a small leak in a connection coming into the cylinder so need that looked at.

Thanks.

Would appreciate this info too. Haven't serviced the heating yet this year and need to get it done before winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Manion

Hi,

Thanks.

That might be covered by Ballymore. In the welcome pack there is details for joule.

For sale but not sold yet.

Marketing suite (34 rca) was sold as was no 35 rca, beside the show house. 2 Hamilton rise sold also.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 johnny66179

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks.

Would appreciate this info too. Haven't serviced the heating yet this year and need to get it done before winter.
    Id be interested in this info too.

• Advertisement

Hi,

Thanks.

I was just calling around today looking for quotes, only got 2, 1 from the people that Joule recommend, group rate was €190 per service, I got in touch with another crowd, not quite as polished as the first but seemed to know what they are talking about, they are quoting me €150 for an individual service or €80+VAT if we sign up in groups of 5. Quite a saving.

Does anyone have any experience of not going with the crowd that Joule recommend? Can you post it here without naming companies?

As far as I know we need to get our systems serviced annually to stay within the conditions of our warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 KubikBlack

3 bedroom show Ash was still on sale at 460K when we came over to check out the kitchen on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

KubikBlack wrote: »
    3 bedroom show Ash was still on sale at 460K when we came over to check out the kitchen on Saturday.

How much were the other show houses in the end out of curiosity?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Keithchap wrote: »
    Hazels from 450k
    Herons from 455k to 485k
    Willows 520k

What was the difference between the Heron's other than the extra parking space?

cronos wrote: »
    What was the difference between the Heron's other than the extra parking space?

Two were end of terrace with a side entrance to the garden, at least one of those was 485K, so that's 3 price points covered, maybe the fourth was related to aspect.

cronos wrote: »
    How much were the other show houses in the end out of curiosity?

pm sent.

Keithchap wrote: »
    I was just calling around today looking for quotes, only got 2, 1 from the people that Joule recommend, group rate was €190 per service, I got in touch with another crowd, not quite as polished as the first but seemed to know what they are talking about, they are quoting me €150 for an individual service or €80+VAT if we sign up in groups of 5. Quite a saving.

Does anyone have any experience of not going with the crowd that Joule recommend? Can you post it here without naming companies?

As far as I know we need to get our systems serviced annually to stay within the conditions of our warranty.

Can you let me know who Joule recommend.
    I never got any information from Ballymore about service intervals warranty etc.
    If you have any such details can you post them.
    Otherwise I will have to contact Ballymore and that can be tiresome..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Has anyone registered their child in the new creche ?

John Mason wrote: »
    Has anyone registered their child in the new creche ?

It's actually the same Creche that already is in RCP but it's in a separate building, they are expanding.

Our Guy is in the existing building and he's happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DaffDaff

I can’t share the link but Lovin Dublin shared a competition to win a house in royal canal park, it’s for Roscommon GAA.

I think this could be 20 Rathborne Walk as when I enquiried about it I was told the builder was not releasing it.

• Advertisement

DaffDaff wrote: »
    I can’t share the link but Lovin Dublin shared a competition to win a house in royal canal park, it’s for Roscommon GAA.

I think this could be 20 Rathborne Walk as when I enquiried about it I was told the builder was not releasing it.

Yeah, saw it posted on Facebook.
    Quite a nice prize for someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 NC99

Hi,
    So I finally managed to book a house in Rathborne Walk so I would be living in RCP soon :)
    Now, we are planning for what we need when we move in...
    Did you have shower screens attached in new houses like the ones in show-house? Somebody had mentioned that we need to install them but the agent there said that we'll get the bathrooms as is.
    And what about bathroom cabinets?

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 axlmac

Hi all.

Thanks for all the very insightful posts on this thread - really useful to new buyers.

I put a deposit down on a Heron last weekend. Had 2 quick questions -

1. Anyone got a recommended solicitor that has experience with this development?
    2. The house is 1 parking space only. I've seen previous posts highlighting issues with public parking. I only have the one car but just concerned re visitors.

Thanks again for all the help.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

It's actually the same Creche that already is in RCP but it's in a separate building, they are expanding.

We are in the current building but are moving to the new one. Just wondering if anyone here has signed up?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 engineer0

axlmac wrote: »
    Hi all.

Thanks for all the very insightful posts on this thread - really useful to new buyers.

I put a deposit down on a Heron last weekend. Had 2 quick questions -

1. Anyone got a recommended solicitor that has experience with this development?
    2. The house is 1 parking space only. I've seen previous posts highlighting issues with public parking. I only have the one car but just concerned re visitors.

Thanks again for all the help.
    Congratulations on the new house, we had reserved an Ash in the last phase. We worked with a solicitor who knew Ballymore's solicitors, and he did some communication via emails to direct names, which made things very quick for us. We don't have experience with other solicitors, so maybe that's the case for all of them. Anyway I have sent you a PM with details. 
    2) Parking looks like it's going to be a bit of an issue, however there will be spaces in  around Rathborne park houses and near the canal, probably.In any way that's a problem acknowledged by  a lot of buyers, with no easy solution.

Do they provide food in that creche? Or do you have to give your child a packed lunch? I thought I read a while back that they didn't do food

Thanks

Forumsie wrote: »
    Do they provide food in that creche? Or do you have to give your child a packed lunch? I thought I read a while back that they didn't do food

Thanks

In our case we need to provide the main meal, they provide the rest. It might vary by age. Best to discuss with them.

Creches all seem to differ.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 rns

Has anyone had any issues with the showers? Mine are running / dripping continuously even after being switched off. Seems to be an issue with the diverter.

Update from the vendor - few houses (8-9) have had this issue in the estate, this is due to the new site and dirt. Cartridges / diverter's are damaged due to dirt in the new site and water. Cartridge needs to be changed and house owner needs to pay for it (this is not covered under warranty).

NC99 wrote: »
    Hi,
    So I finally managed to book a house in Rathborne Walk so I would be living in RCP soon :)
    Now, we are planning for what we need when we move in...
    Did you have shower screens attached in new houses like the ones in show-house? Somebody had mentioned that we need to install them but the agent there said that we'll get the bathrooms as is.
    And what about bathroom cabinets?

thanks.

We just got keys and there are shower doors same as the showhouse

However storage in the bathrooms is very limited, in fact none at all in the top floor en suite so we've added bathroom cabinets to the list

The under counter lights in the kitchen aren't included and you'll have a bit less space in the utility room as the unit for the heating is now in there. It's about the size of a fridge freezer so not much room for anything except washing machine and dryer so we're planning on putting cabinets above the counter.

Finally the media unit in the back sitting room isnt included either. Or the radiator covers. That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Good luck!

• Advertisement

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone is using Sky Fibre broadband in RCP or if it's even available? What are you experiences with download speeds? I noticed all the previous talk of broadband is around Eir v Vodafone so wondered do Sky even offer Fibre in RCP or is it the old (slow) through the satellite dish way?

Thanks

Advertisement