Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesco Bargains [Groceries]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭penelope2012

God the girl was telling me at the till but she called her manager and they got out the statement which says tomorrow the 24 is the last day they can be accepted so TESCO Cabra were wrong to refuse you today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,244 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Mad Benny wrote: »
    They wouldn't accept a supervalu voucher in Tesco, Cabra today :(

Get on to customer service at Tesco
    Tesco.ie Grocery
    Telephone 1850 744 844

7am to 11pm Monday to Sunday

10am to 10pm Sunday

or use the contact form on the website

I'm pretty sure that you will be looked after if you explain how you were dealt with in store

• Registered Users Posts: 45,813 ✭✭✭✭muffler

tomorrow July 24 is the last day you can use a competitors voucher in TESCO.
    About feckin time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭degsie

closed.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 84,842 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Just finished a shop here in Tesco using a DUNNEs voucher the girl showed me a page they got which states that tomorrow July 24 is the last day you can use a competitors voucher in TESCO. Be warned and make sure you use all SuperValu/ DUNNEs Vouchers in Tesco by tomorrow evening.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭10green bottles

picked up a few packs of 4xpacks of mcdonnell's super noodles(as in pic) in tesco dundalk for €2.not online but could be later.
    not short dated either.
    50c a pack is a bargain imo.all flavours available

DEAL
    39177600_2055266461173646_5364113994619551744_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=75f6541073546680a9b5ca3d7222c314&oe=5BFF3886

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

50c a pack is a bargain imo.all flavours available
    Tesco own brand noodles are 13cent, I do prefer the spices in the branded ones. I just buy spices in the asian supermarkets and put my own in.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 nicolaed1

10 cents

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The "everyday" ones are 10cent, 65g, the "regular/standard quality" tesco ones are 13cent 85g.

So the standard are actually a tiny fraction cheaper per gram. I do not like the powder in the 10cent ones. I usually get chicken 13cent, add in their powder along with the other spices.

If you just want one spice mix I would recommend this, it might even be in some tescos, I get it in Asian shops.

s-l300.jpg

Does have MSG in it which I love but some want to avoid.

Not sure if it's everywhere but a range of Birds Eye chicken stuff is 2.50: 4 chargrills (plain or sweet and sticky) and 22 dippers. Couple of others I can't remember now but I'm stocking up. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

The Tesco brand dark choclate 150g bars are just 63c.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

Tesco wicklow i just bought a 500ml bottle of coke for 37 cent at selfscan

• Registered Users Posts: 23,301 ✭✭✭✭zell12

T Unsalted Mixed Nuts 200g €2.50 €1.45
    All disposable bbqs reduced

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Solaris10

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Solaris10 wrote: »

One of the nicest beers in the planet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Saw a few chocolate bar reductions today but the shelves were empty

However someone else might spot 17c Tesco white choc 100g, 37c Tesco hazelnut choc 100g and a sea salt/caramel Tesco one that I think was 64c

I'm definitely not in Tesco half as much since they stopped taking competitor vouchers. I wonder how it's affected sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

123654789 wrote: »

I'm definitely not in Tesco half as much since they stopped taking competitor vouchers. I wonder how it's affected sales.

The kantar figure will be out in a week or so, but within the trade the word is very little affect.

Also due to repositioning and accepting lower margins, many of the voucher shops were loss making - their till software can spit out a "profit per receipt" report and its easy to do a separate report on those using competitor vouchers.

So they are not concerned about losing customers that they are not profiting from.

You'll also have noticed that there have been no dunnes vouchers in the papers since Tesco stopped accepting them. Dunnes very much used them as a stick to hurt Tesco as most of their regular customers had vouchers from the previous week anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

Are these in all stores?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Are these in all stores?

Picked up 8 bottles in my smaller local Tesco earlier @ €1.55 each. Also picked up some Afligem reduced to €1.67. Had checked in my larger local Tesco yesterday and they had none.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 idontlikemyname

Short dated (18th Sept) hunky dorys in Tesco ardkeen 10 cent a bag :D

• Advertisement

Spaten @ €1.08 a bottle. Cleared out my local!

T Sugar 1kg €1

• Registered Users Posts: 19,384 ✭✭✭✭road_high

CeilingFly wrote: »
    The kantar figure will be out in a week or so, but within the trade the word is very little affect.

Also due to repositioning and accepting lower margins, many of the voucher shops were loss making - their till software can spit out a "profit per receipt" report and its easy to do a separate report on those using competitor vouchers.

So they are not concerned about losing customers that they are not profiting from.

You'll also have noticed that there have been no dunnes vouchers in the papers since Tesco stopped accepting them. Dunnes very much used them as a stick to hurt Tesco as most of their regular customers had vouchers from the previous week anyway

Shame Tesco stopped taking them :o. With all the special offers the ten euro off was very attractive and good value indeed. SV used send me 15 euro off 60 euro the odd time and always used one in Tesco to stock up if I remembered it....would never spend that amount in SV really, the range of products isn't there!!

zell12 wrote: »
    T Sugar 1kg €1

Same in Dunnes.

Tesco finally publish their comparison products against Aldi,Lidl,Supervalu,Dunnes
    ‘The 800’ are the 800 products from the total Tesco product range that Tesco consider matter most to our customers
    https://food-and-community.tesco.ie/assets/Uploads/Tesco-The-800-List.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

zell12 wrote: »
    Tesco finally publish their comparison products against Aldi,Lidl,Supervalu,Dunnes
    ‘The 800’ are the 800 products from the total Tesco product range that Tesco consider matter most to our customers
    https://food-and-community.tesco.ie/assets/Uploads/Tesco-The-800-List.pdf

Recently noticed that their 1kg baby rooster potatoes went from 46c to 99c, now part of the 800. Outrageous increase disguised as value. It shows how far they've fallen really. Gone from being price setters to followers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

To be fair, spuds are going to rise everywhere this year, even if they're imports.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

To be fair, spuds are going to rise everywhere this year, even if they're imports.

Which is fair enough. Pricing is always dependant on weather and yields etc, It's the way in which it was done I have issue with.

They are only comparing the line with Dunnes stores and not with comparable products in the other multiples which are cheaper btw. They increased the price and made it look like they are matching the others when they are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,819 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Aldi & Lidl are becoming a trusted brands. In Finland they were seen as a quirk. Now people see them as not just value but quality too. Interestingly their prices are in line with the UK & Ireland despite general prices being higher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Invincible

Didn't know alcohol was included here, so

Maker's Mark Bourbon Whisky 70cl

Tesco €27

Dunnes €45

Advertisement