Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

I got it! it worked
    I got the 2 screen because i only have 1 screen and the other can be an extra.

I've never done this before so i was surprised it was so easy when i tried it.
    I used my phone to do it.
    Used an app called TunnelBear from play store that had a map of the world. I just clicked mexico (whilst on my wifi) and the little bear dug its way to mexico.

Then it was just a standard registration. I gave netflix my revolut card (which i got last month thanks to this forum), and its all working now!

Thanks very much everyone :) Way cheaper than irish registration :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

manonboard wrote: »
    I got it! it worked

Used an app called TunnelBear from play store that had a map of the world. I just clicked mexico (whilst on my wifi) and the little bear dug its way to mexico.

Then it was just a standard registration. I gave netflix my revolut card (which i got last month thanks to this forum), and its all working now!

What currency did you use on revolut?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

My recent Netflix payment was $28,900.............Thankfully Columbian dollars so €8.22 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

manonboard wrote: »
    I got it! it worked

You don't select a currency - you're giving them the card details and you'll be billed in MXN which is then converted and deducted from the appropriate balance on Revolut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Ok, sorry I have read the majority of this thread but not 100% sure.

I want to sign up for 4 screens. I will be sharing with my family.

Am I correct I can sign up for the Mexico version and still share out? or do I need to look at the Irish version and share out?

Thanks and sorry it might already be answered

P.S I know I will only be seeing Irish content

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭cletus

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Ok, sorry I have read the majority of this thread but not 100% sure.

I want to sign up for 4 screens. I will be sharing with my family.

Am I correct I can sign up for the Mexico version and still share out? or do I need to look at the Irish version and share out?

Thanks and sorry it might already be answered

P.S I know I will only be seeing Irish content

You can share a Mexican account

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Vpn to Mexico. Sign up to the plan on Netflix Mexico, which is available in English. That's it.

when i registered, it made payment charge of €4.19, it reverted a few minutes later as this seems to be just to check my card is valid and has balance.
    This was 99MXN.

I am on a the first month free trial so after a month will be charged about 6.20euro or so.

I only have a euro account set up with revolut as they do not hold accounts in MXN. It happens at the exchange rate at the time of transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Yes once you have enough in euro to cover the MXN then it will auto convert.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

Could you set this up as a Mexican subscription using your Revolut details but then afterwards change the billing method to Three credit and still keep the cheaper rate?

• Advertisement

Testament1 wrote: »
    Could you set this up as a Mexican subscription using your Revolut details but then afterwards change the billing method to Three credit and still keep the cheaper rate?

You can n you still get the Mexican cheaper price, however the reason for using revolut account is to take advantage of the very low currency exchange fees. If u use a different service to pay, you may have higher conversion charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Testament1 wrote:

Netflix don't allow Google Play billing in Ireland anymore unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

Well that's a balls! Revolut it is then I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭#Smokey#

Netflix don't allow Google Play billing in Ireland anymore unfortunately

Got a source for this?

Or is it only for new customers as I havn't received any email about a change as its how I pay for it currently

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭noel100

Signed up for premium 199pesos a month no issues using revolut. €8.40 a month 5 accounts in one account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

It only affects new subscribers (as far as I'm aware, you can't change your billing method to this method even as a current subscriber, you had to cancel and reset up your account on the app. This isn't available any more, so only people currently paying this way can continue, as long as they don't cancel or until/unless Netflix remove it completely)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Signed up using TunnelBear on iPhone with my 3G not broadband. 1 screen using my aib card €4.73. For some reason page wouldn’t load using my broadband.
    Thanks a million to all who helped with instructions using vpn ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

Sharing the UK version with my two sisters in law so costing me 40 sterling a year which I am happy with. Thanks OP. Just wondering could you do the same type of sharing thing with NowTV does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

sue97 wrote: »
    Sharing the UK version with my two sisters in law so costing me 40 sterling a year which I am happy with. Thanks OP. Just wondering could you do the same type of sharing thing with NowTV does anyone know?

We have the 2 Irish now tv boxes. If my memory serves me correct you can only be logged on to two boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

Millem wrote: »
    We have the 2 Irish now tv boxes. If my memory serves me correct you can only be logged on to two boxes.

Yep you can only use two boxes at a time. Albeit from different addresses. You can add a total of four boxes for use but only two of which are watchable at once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭alwald

Is anybody interested in creating an Irish account for 4 people and split the cost :D:D?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

alwald wrote: »
    Is anybody interested in creating an Irish account for 4 people and split the cost :D:D?

Why an Irish account though as using the Mexican route means €8.65 a month instead of €13.99 a month. You only need a vpn for actually making the account, after that everything is identical bar the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭skilachi

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Why an Irish account though as using the Mexican route means €8.65 a month instead of €13.99 a month. You only need a vpn for actually making the account, after that everything is identical bar the price.
    count me in

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭skilachi

Count me in

So I can watch without a VPN? if so then it's more interesting :D
    Is there any free VPN to use?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Yes please. Count me in if doing this please.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

So I can watch without a VPN? if so then it's more interesting :D
    Is there any free VPN to use?

You don’t need a vpn to watch I’m telling you, the vpn is only needed to create the acc.

You don’t need a vpn to watch I’m telling you, the vpn is only needed to create the acc.

I just need to find one for free to set it up so :D.
    I have a revolut card so the whole process should be straight forward! Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

I just need to find one for free to set it up so :D.
    I have a revolut card so the whole process should be straight forward! Thanks!!

Do some googling. Most big VPNs offer a month free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

TunnelBear on android. Be careful about sharing accounts as I think the lists are shared unlike Spotify family (I could be wrong)

Advertisement