Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AIB Rewards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

TheDriver wrote: »
    Does the topaz work in all topaz stations or just ones owned by topaz??

That's like product placement in question form.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

T-Maxx wrote:
    Tried to register but it doesn't recognize my cc number?

Managed to register on the laptop whereas previously I was on the smartphone. Could be an Android issue maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Del007

How often can you use a reward?

Is it a once off or what's the story?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Isn't it only for Platinum Cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

T-Maxx wrote: »
    Managed to register on the laptop whereas previously I was on the smartphone. Could be an Android issue maybe.

FYI - I'd no problem registering on Android. (had just filled the car with juice so will have to wait for the Topaz offer)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

T-Maxx wrote: »
    Tried to register but it doesn't recognize my cc number?

Not working for me either, tried Chrome and Edge, keeps saying my card number is not a valid AIB Card, even though its an AIB Visa Debit card. sigh.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

fepper wrote: »
    Tried to do same ,rang customer care,said to use 7 digit card number not 16 digit identification numbers,no joy in registering though so I'll forget it
    Same problem here, can't register my Debit card, with either number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

byte wrote: »
    Same problem here, can't register my Debit card, with either number.

I think the problem is my visa debit card is business and not a personal debit card and is not allowed in this promotion

byte

fepper wrote: »
    I think the problem is my visa debit card is business and not a personal debit card and is not allowed
    Mine is personal though. I'm also using PC, so not an Android or mobile issue.

Will try a different browser shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭traveller0101

Not working for me either, tried Chrome and Edge, keeps saying my card number is not a valid AIB Card, even though its an AIB Visa Debit card. sigh.

Same here.. tried FF with 16 digit number and 7 digit number

Probably won't bother trying to sign up again

• Advertisement
    byte

Tried in Firefox and Opera too, to no avail.

Activation code is live for 24 hours, so will try again tomorrow. I'm assuming it's a problem at server end.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

Signed up and spent €36 in Lidl today. Will report back . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I have the same question bcoz on the maps they have provided, the topaz near my home is now showing up.
    TheDriver wrote: »
    Does the topaz work in all topaz stations or just ones owned by topaz??

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Will this work on Android pay transactions since it uses a virtual card number?

Also wonder about this . virtual number so no way to register it

will sign up and see any way what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I tried with 3 different AIB cards and they are showing up invalid..

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

l'm the same, putting in AIB cards. Will not accept. Very annoying.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

clerk wrote: »
    l'm the same, putting in AIB cards. Will not accept. Very annoying.

Same here. Very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 jonnyha

Someone mentioned Halfords. Just google public sector discount scheme, register and print off discount vouchers until your heart is content. Includes Halfords and many more. And you don't really need to be in the public sector, nobody checks or cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Thread created for those with issues with their cards on this scheme
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057737486

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ace120387

I have a visa AIB card and I was able to register

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Anyone know if I can use the reward twice. Like if I get two 40 euros worth of petrol will it work twice

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ace120387

From the offer page

Terms and Conditions
    To redeem this offer, you will need to spend a minimum of €40 at Topaz. Offer valid in-store for one purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

irishman86 wrote: »
    Anyone know if I can use the reward twice. Like if I get two 40 euros worth of petrol will it work twice
    I was wondering the exact same thing. Wife spent EUR145 in Lidl yesterday. It was this offer which prompted us in their direction (& a lack of vouchers from Supervalu where we normally shop) She probably would have been better breaking the shopping down into EUR40 spends. yes, a bit of a pain, but financially well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Rashers72 wrote:
    I was wondering the exact same thing. Wife spent EUR145 in Lidl yesterday. It was this offer which prompted us in their direction (& a lack of vouchers from Supervalu where we normally shop) She probably would have been better breaking the shopping down into EUR40 spends. yes, a bit of a pain, but financially well worth it.

Going by the terms and conditions shown above it doesn't look like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Actually, I also think different people have different offers. Looks like my Lidl offer was for 1 day only, the day I joined. It did indicate that, but I seen the post here and thought it was extended, but it's in my expired offers now. Such is life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

ace120387 wrote: »
    From the offer page

Terms and Conditions
    To redeem this offer, you will need to spend a minimum of ?40 at Topaz. Offer valid in-store for one purchase.

Thanks buddy, guess Im going to get the wife/mother/aul lad/dog to use there cards aswell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

It seems best to register each card separately unless someone can confirm it works on different cards link to one email address

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

Got an email this morning to confirm my €10 cashback is on the way from a €36 spend in Lidl on the 4th.

@TheDriver I have a second card on my account, and spent another €36 in Lidl yesterday using that one, I'll let you know if I get the second cashback, but I doubt it

/edit/ Just noticed that some of the offers listed today have specific card numbers against them, my debit card, so it would seem you can only use that type of card for the offer - the Boots €5 back on a €30 spend for example

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lpool2k05

Spocker wrote: »
    Got an email this morning to confirm my €10 cashback is on the way from a €36 spend in Lidl on the 4th.

@TheDriver I have a second card on my account, and spent another €36 in Lidl yesterday using that one, I'll let you know if I get the second cashback, but I doubt it

Did you calculate the amount as you shopped to reach the 36 euro?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

lpool2k05 wrote: »
    Did you calculate the amount as you shopped to reach the 36 euro?

Actually no, I was buying two boxes of beer, that I knew were going to be €18 each. Thats all I bought

Advertisement