Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Upgrade Offer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Longford Leader

Massive thanks op.

I'm all stacked up till Oct '22 :D

• amber2 wrote: »
    Said on the Xbox thread tomorrow the 11th but the poster wasn’t 100% sure.

*****I read somewhere it ends tomorrow, the 11th June. Don't quote me on that, but it sticks in my head as the 11th is my birthday.*****

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057245097/765/#post110402996

That was me, can't find it anywhere again though. Not sure where the hell I saw it, for some reason I thought I got it from the US version of the offer where it was $1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭amber2

That was me, can't find it anywhere again though. Not sure where the hell I saw it, for some reason I thought I got it from the US version of the offer where it was $1.

‘Twas as well to get it done anyways, Happy Birthday !!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,431 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

On the base offer (€1), is that just for the first month if you don't have gold?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Did this last night, got 12 months on cd key. So now i have it until May 2021.
    It all helps when money is tight!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Before I go and spend 100+ euro, can someone cofirm I can get this

- I have Live until July 2019.
    - I have Xbox Gamepass as a 3 month offer for 1 euro.

So I can buy 2 years and 10 months of live and then switch over to ultimate for 1 euro?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mr E wrote: »
    On the base offer (€1), is that just for the first month if you don't have gold?

Yeah I think so. You need an existing gold or game pass sub for them to convert.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Does anyone know how this works with the "Family" setup. I have a friend setup on my xbox where it is set to be his "home" box. I then get access to all his games. If I then give him the money to upgrade live for 12 months do I also get access to his gold and ultimate?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Did this last night - awesome stuff !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭tscul32

I became the most awesome mam ever for spotting this. My lads had gold until next April plus the 3 month €1 deal. Have a friend in Microsoft so got 2 years gold last night for €58 and ultimate for €1 so now they've ultimate until Jun 2022 for €59 😀 very happy kids, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Thanks OP upgraded last night, all set until June 2022 ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Conar

Anyone know if game sharing works on PC too?
    Do you have a primary PC?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Conar wrote: »
    Anyone know if game sharing works on PC too?
    Do you have a primary PC?

Console only as far as I know, it's tied to the machine rather than the account as a whole. I'm not aware of any way to set a "home PC".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Conar

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Console only as far as I know, it's tied to the machine rather than the account as a whole. I'm not aware of any way to set a "home PC".

Damn it. This might just ruin a great thing for me. Can't give my bro half the money if he gets PC gaming and I dont.
    Ah well, thanks for the info!!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Alligator Wine

Thanks OP. Bought 2 x 12 month subs from https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/ for €42.50 each. Remember before adding each to turn off recurring billing and then turn it back on to receive an extra month each time you add a sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Thanks OP. Bought 2 x 12 month subs from https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/ for €42.50 each. Remember before adding each to turn off recurring billing and then turn it back on to receive an extra month each time you add a sub.

I did this too and it somehow brought me up to May 2022. Seems like it stacks any existing gold and gamepass subs? Anyway, possibly bargain of the year so far!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Is there any deadline for doing this?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Is there any deadline for doing this?

Today apparently. Not confirmed though.

sugarman wrote: »
    Anyone know why its only coming up as 1 month for €1 for me? I have 10 months Gold left and when I follow and clink the link the upgrade is saying its €1 for the month and €12.99 there after.

It will convert - see FAQ: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing/xbox-subscriptions/xbox-game-pass-ultimate-faq#8d92e3b086d64cbbabadc3fab50b0185

You're best to add another 12 months first as that will convert too.

sugarman wrote: »
    Cheers. Im not arsed adding another sub as I rarely use the Xbox tbh but for €1 its worth it for the next 10 months. If anything for the PC titles.

I have a code for 1 month free game pass (2 if I turn off/on recurring billing) ...would that bring me up to 12 months with the Ultimate upgrade if I apply it before hand?

Yes, if you apply beforehand. For me it stacked my remaining Live + remaining Game Pass + 1 year + 1 month + 1 year + 1 month + the 1 month in the offer, all for €86

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

A little confused.
    Did it last night and worked a charm thanks again.
    Have 2 xbox s in the house and linked.

I also have a gaming pc.. so can i now get games on my pc for free? And if so how?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Download the Xbox(beta) app from the Microsoft store,sign in with your Microsoft I'd and all the PC games will be under th game pass tab

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭Raoul

I didn't realise I could stack the xbox golds. So I just upgraded to the one euro account. Which sees me good until 2020. Any ideas how I can add ultimate now with another gold pass until 2022?

Raoul wrote: »
    I didn't realise I could stack the xbox golds. So I just upgraded to the one euro account. Which sees me good until 2020. Any ideas how I can add ultimate now with another gold pass until 2022?

A year of gold will only convert to 4 months of ultimate after you've already upgraded I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Lads stupid question but which xbox live region should I buy for Irish console.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

Raoul wrote: »

for the risk of €1, you could try and cancel the upgrade and try it again,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭djan

Do you think this will still be available in the evening? Or is there a way to do this from a PC rather than the console itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

djan wrote: »
    Do you think this will still be available in the evening? Or is there a way to do this from a PC rather than the console itself?

yes just log into your microsoft account

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭denis1501

My lad has Xbox live gold, expiry 12/11/2020 and Game Pass, expiry 27/10/2019. If I go with this offer what will happen?
    tnx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭SteM

How long to CD Keys take to email out codes does anyone know?

Advertisement