Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Upgrade Offer

• 09-06-2019 11:33pm
    Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,074 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Posted this bargain earlier in the Xbox forum: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110392494&postcount=9140

Lifting below explanation from reddit:
    There is currently an offer to subscribe to Gamepass Ultimate for €1. Gamepass Ultimate subs you to Gold, Gamepass and PC Gamepass in one subscription.

Subscribing to Ultimate will take the remaining time on your existing subs and add them together, giving you a longer sub for Ultimate (up to a maximum of 36 months) . For example, if you have 6 months Gold and 3 months Gamepass, you will end up with 9 months Ultimate. If you have 2 years of each, you will get 3 years of Ultimate.

For best value for money, extend your Gold sub (as it's cheaper than Gamepass), THEN take up the offer. Example, if you have 1 years Gold and 3 months Gamepass, you will get 15 months Ultimate. If you extend your Gold by another year, you will get 27 months Ultimate, essentially giving you the Gamepass for free (and saving a lot of money).

It also appears that you can now redeem a Gold only code after you have subbed to Ultimate. If you do this, it looks like the conversion rate is 3 months Gold = 1 month Ultimate.

I myself had 18 months of Gold active and 6 months of game pass so now I have 2 years of ultimate.

This is all the games you will have access to on PC: https://imgur.com/a/Imm75V9

On the console version there are many many more.

Upgrade can be done here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fast_eddie

Thanks for the heads-up - worked perfectly for me!

My Gold sub was due to expire in Nov 2019.

I stacked 2x 12 Months Gold from CDKeys.com (€46 each) which brought my Gold up to Nov 2021.

I was already on the "€1 for 3 months" Game Pass taster, due to expire in Aug 2019.

I then paid €1 for the upgrade as specified above, and now I've got Game Pass Ultimate with the next payment due in Jan 2022 - for €93 total. Not sure where I got the extra 6 weeks from, but not complaining...

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Cheers OP. I've done it. No idea where that leaves my subs. . .

I too was on the £1 for 3 months Games Pass with Gold for the guts of a year to go.

EDIT - found the info, next charge is 01/04/2020. Must not have had that much left on my Gold sub afterall but better than a kick in the nuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

sorry for the dumb qns but i have just bought an xbox one x and have no sub for anything yet, what does this get me and whats the best way for me to proceed?

Cyrus wrote: »
    sorry for the dumb qns but i have just bought an xbox one x and have no sub for anything yet, what does this get me and whats the best way for me to proceed?

Get a year subs to Gold from the likes of CDkeys - you'll need this anyway if you want to play online. Then you'll most likely have a free 14 days or month of Game Pass with your new console. Pay the £1 more to upgrade it to ultimate and it'll give you 1yr + 14days (or month) access to ultimate. So on a very basic terms, you're getting Game Pass (lots of free games) for a year (instead of just 14 days) for nothing. I don't even know what additional perks Ultimate gives you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Is CDkeys the best place to get Xbox Live subscriptions from? Never bought from them before but want to get best value for this deal!

• Advertisement

Is CDkeys the best place to get Xbox Live subscriptions from? Never bought from them before but want to get best value for this deal!

I've used others before CDkeys but tbh I can't even remember the names as I've stuck with CDkeys for the last few years. Only ever had one issue with them (NowTV pass) which they promptly refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

fast_eddie wrote: »
    Not sure where I got the extra 6 weeks from, but not complaining...

I think the link, rather than just upgrading, is buying 1 month of Ultimate for €1, so that explains 4 weeks anyway

I addition to 24 months live, I bought 1 month gamepass for €2.29 from cdkeys (only works id you've not used gamepass before) and it offered another month if i turned on recurring billing.

So Probably 3 and a bit months left on a current live
    2 months gamepass
    24 months additional xbox live
    1 month ultimate

spent €90.27 and I have Ultimate until Jan 2022. Incredible value.

I used cdkeys. They had a whoopsie yesterday and sent out used codes to a lot of people, but I contacted support and within 12 hours I had new working codes. 2 alternatives are listed in the OP of hukd:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/game-pass-ultimate-1-convert-old-subscriptions-1-months-20-days-xbox-store-3244069

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Cancelled my Game Pass, got two 12 month cards, and upgraded for €1. 2 years of access for ~€90 instead of €400+ is alright in my book :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭the corpo

Do you need to cancel gamespass to avail of it? So many options!

I'm a gamepass subsriber, and have an unused gold key. Can I just use the live key and then go for the 1 euro offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

the corpo wrote: »

I'm a gamepass subsriber, and have an unused gold key. Can I just use the live key and then go for the 1 euro offer?

You don't need to cancel your game pass, it will add on the time afaik. Use the live pass before your upgrade and it will convert it all to ultimate.

• Advertisement

I cancelled Gamepass, added 2 Gold keys, then click on the upgrade link. You might need to wait a few minutes after adding the gold key before you can get the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭the corpo

Paddy_man wrote: »
    You don't need to cancel your game pass.
    feylya wrote: »
    I cancelled Gamepass.

Conflicting advice!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,074 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Conflicting advice!

I would say they were on a rolling 9.99 a month subscription for game pass, so it would make sense to cancel it in that scenario.

Let me rephrase then - I cancelled my reoccuring subscription so that I wouldn't be charged next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭amber2

Purchasing this for kids, have reoccurring billing turned off so just wondering if I purchase this would €12.99 still be deducted next month. Should add their live gold is due to expire in August 19. Tia

• amber2 wrote: »
    Purchasing this for kids, have reoccurring billing turned off so just wondering if I purchase this would €12.99 still be deducted next month. Should add their live gold is due to expire in August 19. Tia

If Gold is due to expire in August you won't be billed until October (end of live sub + 1 month purchased for €1).

What you're better off doing*, though, is going to CDKEYS website and buying a subscription for 1 year for €45 and redeeming that code first. Then buy the €1 code linked above and redeem that. You will then have Xbox live and Xbox game pass until October 2020 for €46 (normally about €100 dearer than that for the two).

*If you can afford it, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

If Gold is due to expire in August you won't be billed until October (end of live sub + 1 month purchased for €1).

What you're better off doing*, though, is going to CDKEYS website and buying a subscription for 1 year for €45 and redeeming that code first. Then buy the €1 code linked above and redeem that. You will then have Xbox live and Xbox game pass until October 2020 for €46 (normally about €100 dearer than that for the two).

Our Gold is due to expire in December... do you know if we buy CDKEYS now and redeem will it add 12 mths onto Dec ie. bring us to Dec 2020? or does the CDKEYS be 12 mths from date of redemption?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DrFunkatron

Thanks OP that's me sorted til this day 2022 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fast_eddie

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Our Gold is due to expire in December... do you know if we buy CDKEYS now and redeem will it add 12 mths onto Dec ie. bring us to Dec 2020? or does the CDKEYS be 12 mths from date of redemption?

Yes, buy 1 year from CDKeys.com now, apply the key and your Gold will expire in Dec 2020.

Then buy the €1 ultimate upgrade, and you will have Ultimate until Dec 2020 for €47 total.

*But* if you can manage it, buy 2 years of Gold from CDKeys, apply them and then upgrade to Ultimate, and you'll have Ultimate until Dec 2021 for €93 total.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭sioda

Leslie91 wrote: »
    They stack I did it yesterday. So will bring you to Dec 2020

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Wynner05

Thanks OP subscription sorted until June 2022!

Fantastic thanks OP and for explaining Guillermo Uptight Pickaxe, did what you said and all good.... turned off auto renew once redeemed. Appreciate the help and info.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I'm interested in this but I have not got an Xbox, I want it for PC games basically, if that's the case, surely I don't need Xbox live gold?

I may buy a Scarlett down the line, but that's a way away...

Is it worth my while subscribing to this if that's the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭j_mo

Does anyone know when this deal will be ending?

j_mo wrote: »
    Does anyone know when this deal will be ending?

Said on the Xbox thread tomorrow the 11th but the poster wasn’t 100% sure.

*****I read somewhere it ends tomorrow, the 11th June. Don't quote me on that, but it sticks in my head as the 11th is my birthday.*****

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057245097/765/#post110402996

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭richie.c

Thanks OP. Sorted for 3 years. Fantastic bargain.

Sorted for just over a year thanks to the 3 months game pass for a quid recently, nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭ablelocks

thanks op

there's also 3 months ultimate for £14.99 on amazon.co.uk

not sure if this should be added before or after this deal though and don't think I'll chance messing up the process by trying to add it....

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭mower

My current xbox live Gold subscription expires in January. If I buy the game pass for 1 euro do I get the game pass at no extra cost until my xbox live Gold runs out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭sioda

mower wrote: »
    My current xbox live Gold subscription expires in January. If I buy the game pass for 1 euro do I get the game pass at no extra cost until my xbox live Gold runs out?
    Yes or buy another year and get until Jan 21

Advertisement