Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

front top tooth

• 19-08-2020 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭

front top tooth is missing for over 20 yrs now and the last few yrs i wear dentures,but i find wearing dentures uncomfortable and only wear the dentures when im out and about. a implant is a bit exspensive.

is there anything else i could use instead of dentures and a single implant.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭macchoille

bassy wrote: »
    front top tooth is missing for over 20 yrs now and the last few yrs i wear dentures,but i find wearing dentures uncomfortable and only wear the dentures when im out and about. a implant is a bit exspensive.

is there anything else i could use instead of dentures and a single implant.

A dental bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

macchoille wrote: »
    A dental bridge

can a dental bridge be put in place to replace one missing front top tooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Fishorsealant

A new denture also a great option when carried out properly! Chances are you will have some soft tissue/bone defect at this point, dentures are a great option to also replace this part of the defect.

In terms of fixed replacement you are really talking a resin bonded bridge or fixed fixed. All case dependent

It will depend heavily on how your teeth meet/space and the suitability of the neighbour teeth. See your dentist

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭DSN

I had this issue. Had not enough gum for implant even a gum graft not a option (or high chance fail) so 6 mths ago I went for a bridge. It's scary cos they pair down the two neighbouring (perfectly good in my case) teeth and attach the bridge to them. But as others said neighbouring teeth must be strong to support. I had a fantastic result so pleased looks & feels so natural! I would say though go to a recommended place. It's pricey mine was €4k, can reclaim 20% tax. My vhi dental wouldn't cover any of it because I had the tooth out few years ago. It's not as long lasting as implants (a good one well taken care of you might get 15 years here's hoping)

Advertisement