Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

shhhhhhh! least your comment is on a different page :D

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

oh, if anyone has a spare invite for a mate :eek: Would be epic !

Mask of madness AA last night with Crits :D , was a 5 player stack on each side too. We had a very farmed OD... he hits so hard it's silly.

No new hero this week, but the title of the post hints at next's week :p

"There’s trouble brewing"

:pac::pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

definitely bristleback :pac:

random draft!!!

I want AR though :D

• Advertisement

All I can say is Tiny with a sceptre, mask of madness, Assault C & Crits literally knocks towers done in 4 seconds. It's insane and hilarious.

LBP2w.jpg

The reverse draft tourney at the weekend was hilarious !

Alchemist, Spectre, void and Spirit breaker all making the first set of bans !

Teams of Zeus, Bloodseeker, Kunnka, OD and sniper lol.

Cannot wait for RevDraft to be implemented !

Pandaren Brewmaster added to the test client.

This weekend hopefully I will be able to play alot !

picture.php?albumid=2364&pictureid=39373

And also they redid Nevermores ultimate animation looks awesome !

le8Lj.jpg

so niceeee

DotA2_SF-NewUlty.gif

• Advertisement

They reckon Phantom lancer next week, which should be fun, but please for the LOVE of the god I don't believe in ! They have to add swap, it would make SD alot easier and Random Draft, not to mention get it ready for all random.

play for an hour, start winning every team fight, one of our players has to reboot, they take 4 raxes, i hate this game

play for an hour, start winning every team fight, one of our players has to reboot, they take 4 raxes, i hate this game

dota-2-eu-server_o_243327.jpg

Edit, it actually happened me twice, we were dominating, 13 minute arcane boots and mek on my chen, Then windows update struck, came back with an abandon and we had lost rax at 20 minutes ( yes it took that long to reboot and reconnect 1 out of 20 ;/ )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Got into the beta yesterday, only played for a small bit but from what I seen this is definitely my new addiction!

Limericks wrote: »
    Got into the beta yesterday, only played for a small bit but from what I seen this is definitely my new addiction!

Prepare to deal the ecstatic ups and rage inducing downs of a MoBA though :P Have you any experience with MoBA games before ?

Perhaps we should get someplace to stick our steam ID's so we can add ppl, I currently have only like 3 people, Tar, KaG and one more !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

GO_Bear wrote: »
    Prepare to deal the ecstatic ups and rage inducing downs of a MoBA though :P Have you any experience with MoBA games before ?

Perhaps we should get someplace to stick our steam ID's so we can add ppl, I currently have only like 3 people, Tar, KaG and one more !

Haha yeah spent a considerate amount of time playing MoBA's starting with dota and ending with lol.

Allot of rage and joy went into those games! Ofcourse it has been more than a year since I last played a game of lol so I am as useless as a wet tissue in the game now until i get back into the swing of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Got into the beta also but I know absolutely nothing about the game. Is it mainly multiplayer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

STILL looking for a key, am desperate at this stage and am willing to trade something for one.

danthefan wrote: »
    Got into the beta also but I know absolutely nothing about the game. Is it mainly multiplayer?
    Yes it's all multiplayer, apart from you can practice against the bots first in singleplayer so that people don't rage at you :P
    Big Knox wrote: »
    STILL looking for a key, am desperate at this stage and am willing to trade something for one.

Try steamgifts.com, you get to enter comps every day to win it. It's also fairly cheap to just buy it or trade it at this stage. I'd say a tenner or whatever.
    Some reddit forums have them, also here http://www.playdota.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=160 and scythe.org.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Big Knox wrote: »

You should take the fella's that doesn't even know if the game is multiplayer:P

• Advertisement

AM shouldnt be there :p

I love a good feed

lets play soon, I'll bring the feed

Handy little site some one posted on reddit !

Dota 2 Stats

You can access stats outside of the game

won 2 of last 10, fed in them all. ouch. 49.1% wins :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

I have yet to reach even W/L:( Those first few learning games were brutal.
    I got brewmaster in single pick the other day. He was epic fun, with a few epic fails as i learned that his ult has a duration and that he doesn't reform at a random panda if you make one of them run away:P

It's the same at HoN, you will average around 50% +/- 2% if you play solo/two people in the MM queue, so your not doing that bad, the important tidbits of info is your GPM, especially on carries, etc etc

dibkins wrote: »
    I have yet to reach even W/L:( Those first few learning games were brutal.
    I got brewmaster in single pick the other day. He was epic fun, with a few epic fails as i learned that his ult has a duration and that he doesn't reform at a random panda if you make one of them run away:P

He is so much fun, and his ult is brilliant for disjointing spells. Aye you probably know by now but you reform at Earth -> Water -> Fire, but chances are they won't even kill your earth spirit, if its comes to it the fire spirit has got max move speed also :P

• Advertisement

I see one guy with 73.3% win ratio over a lot f games, sick! most pros are only like 53-57% it seems.

My average gpm on sniper is 9315.4...

Advertisement