Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 5.0

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

The tax thing might not lose him any of his core support, but it's for to lose him a lot of swing votes. People who can barely make ends meet but are paying more tax than a "billionaire" will not be happy.
    As for the legality, there are certainly some very dodgy practices that may land Trump and his daughter in court. Most of his companies appear to spend 20% on consultancy fees. One that was matched was the consultancy for projects in Hawaii and Vancouver, which matched exactly the amount declared as income by Ivanka in a 2017 filing. Paying company directors consultancy fees and claiming it as an expense against tax is defrauding the IRS. In other words, it's illegal. I wouldn't be surprised if a forensic audit uncovers a lot more of that.

Stayed up until almost 3am last night watching the Comey Rule.

Hadn't realised it was out and saw two episodes had been released, turns out there are only two episodes but the second one is two hours long so it's basically a two part movie. I got sucked in but that's not to say it's brilliant - just very interesting in parts.

Overall I'd say it's just ok - there is something a bit off about the pacing and some of the performances but the second episode is much better put together. I was hoping for something of the calibre of 'Game Change' but this is not that.

The documentation of events though is what makes it fascinating and the response of the Trump team to the initial stages of the Russian investigation is quite astonishing. It's critical of all parties involved in one way or another but it's sufficiently anti Trump that those who support him will dismiss it as fake news.

I kept hearing little hints of Brendan Gleeson's Irish accent which was immersion breaking but he does a pretty faithful Trump. Seeing someone else portray the role in a serious way though showcases just how absurd the man and the entire situation is.

I felt increasingly sorry for James Comey and his team as the narrative played out. Lives have been ruined by Trump and the Republicans and it's scary to see at the conclusion of the show how that has played out for those involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Who's streaming that Venjur?

kuang1 wrote: »
    Who's streaming that Venjur?

Uhh... I found it...

(in my download folder)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,601 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

It's being shown on Sky Atlantic I think

• Advertisement

Venjur wrote: »
    Uhh... I found it...

(in my download folder)

Just realised what you were really doing last night... Conditioning your sleep pattern for the first debate tonight!
    Starts at 2.00am our time.
    Anyone intending to watch it live?

I won't as have an early start tomorrow.

kuang1 wrote: »
    Just realised what you were really doing last night... Conditioning your sleep pattern for the first debate tonight!
    Starts at 2.00am our time.
    Anyone intending to watch it live?

I won't as have an early start tomorrow.

I'm considering it.

I'll be up at 7 for the school run and plan to go to the Gym once I've dropped them off before starting work. That leaves 3 hours sleep which isn't going to cut it.

So either I go to bed early (and I honestly reckon I won't bother getting up if I've been asleep a few hours) or be prepared to suffer through tomorrow on feck all sleep.

If I'm on I'll post though !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,955 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I'm considering it.

I'll be up at 7 for the school run and plan to go to the Gym once I've dropped them off before starting work. That leaves 3 hours sleep which isn't going to cut it.

So either I go to bed early (and I honestly reckon I won't bother getting up if I've been asleep a few hours) or be prepared to suffer through tomorrow on feck all sleep.

If I'm on I'll post though !

Take one for the team Venjur. You should stay up, watch it and post a lot about it so that the rest of us can have something to read tomorrow. After a good night's sleep. Good man. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,754 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Herself is talking about getting up to watch it.

I couldn't give 2 continental fcuks if I'm honest. The man could literally strangle a newborn baby live on TV and defecate on it's body and people would still vote for him.

He's beyond a parody at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I'll be up, though I dare say it's probably not the same sacrifice for someone on PST....

• Advertisement

I'm gonna watch it. My sleeping pattern is out of wack anyway. I'd be nodding off by 2am. What's another 90 minutes.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,725 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I'm gonna watch it. My sleeping pattern is out of wack anyway. I'd be nodding off by 2am. What's another 90 minutes.

We'll want at the juicy bits posted and ready to read over our corn flakes :D

Going to bed now with the alarm set for 1:30 - I'll check in on here if I make it back up!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,955 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Going to bed now with the alarm set for 1:30 - I'll check in on here if I make it back up!

If you don't, Buer wins.

F**k it, can't sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,306 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

F**k it, can't sleep.
    clown.jpg

It's actually like watching wrestling. It's ridiculous.

Biden is quite poor.

This is dire. God almighty.

Biden is quite poor.

Why is this being done with a Fox News moderator?

• Advertisement

Biden looks weak, and trump equally bully like.

Biden needs to stop laughing.

Why is this being done with a Fox News moderator?

He's fairly impartial believe it or not. Fox's best journalist by a mile

They need to shut off mics when the other is speaking. This is a **** show

He's fairly impartial believe it or not. Fox's best journalist by a mile

That is not a qualifier.

This is a farce.

Bernie Sanders would have eaten trump for breakfast here.

"Will you shut up man" :pac:

That's why I stayed up for this

And the filibuster question reveals how farcical this is. Biden is being manipulated here.
    Just literally kill the guy, Joe/

"When do you think we will get back to anything approaching normal?"

Not for a very long time by the looks of this utter absurdity.

• Advertisement

That was better from Biden - Trump all over the place now. Madness!

Advertisement