Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Disability Allowance?

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭ann0

just contacted the da section she is going to get her backdate but they will deduct the amount i got for her on my carers allowance out of the backdate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭stressed70

Quick question about DA, If you're on jobseekers & apply for DA, are you allowed to stay on Jobseekers while awaiting the decision?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭livemusic4life

stressed70 wrote: »
    Quick question about DA, If you're on jobseekers & apply for DA, are you allowed to stay on Jobseekers while awaiting the decision?

No, i believe you transfer to Supplementary Welfare Allowance though your CWO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭stressed70

Oh god i can't afford to take a cut. I'm receiving 193euro on Jobseekers, How much is Supplementary Welfare Allowance?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭livemusic4life

stressed70 wrote: »
    Oh god i can't afford to take a cut. I'm receiving 193euro on Jobseekers, How much is Supplementary Welfare Allowance?

I believe it is the same as jobseekers, but you can check on welfare.ie. if you are unable to work, you aren't entitled to jobseekers. I believe that is the thinking behind it. You should go to your community welfare officer as soon as you apply, just to make sure. Be prepared for a horrible experience. Trying to get disability allowance is a pain in the arse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marguerite2000

If you are already on JA u stay on till a decision is made ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

Hi
    I'm on illness benefit at the moment and it stops at the end of august.
    I've just applied for disability, I can't see it being done in 2 weeks so I'm just wondering do my payments stop and receive nothing until a decision is made or is there something else to apply for while I wait?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

honda boi wrote:
    Hi I'm on illness benefit at the moment and it stops at the end of august. I've just applied for disability, I can't see it being done in 2 weeks so I'm just wondering do my payments stop and receive nothing until a decision is made or is there something else to apply for while I wait? Thanks

I think you might be able to switch to another benefit while waiting decision. First time applications are regularly rejected though, so be aware

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭hadepsx

If you are already on JA u stay on till a decision is made ,

Is that from personal experience. As I'm applying for disability but I'm on JA at the moment. Great if it is as I can't afford to lose the upcoming fuel allowance and Xmas bonus because of the children. From the info online, if I'm put onto supplementary welfare allowance I could lose entitlement to the Xmas bonus at least, unsure about fuel allowance. Going back through last few pages and some people get to stay on JA and some don't. Why is that.

Anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭bellz_x

hadepsx wrote:
    Is that from personal experience. As I'm applying for disability but I'm on JA at the moment. Great if it is as I can't afford to lose the upcoming fuel allowance and Xmas bonus because of the children. From the info online, if I'm put onto supplementary welfare allowance I could lose entitlement to the Xmas bonus at least, unsure about fuel allowance. Going back through last few pages and some people get to stay on JA and some don't. Why is that.

Your best bet here is to call your local citizens info on Monday, explain your situation (it's anonymous and confidential - you don't have to give your name or ppsn) ask for their advice as every situation is different. DA can take weeks, if not months to come through. You could be rejected first round and need to appeal. You could be accepted straight off the bat. You just need to get in touch with citizens info and if they're not giving you the answers you need, call your local SW office or take a trip to see them, if you can.
    Have you already put your application in for DA? If so, you can give their office a call and see what's happening with your claim.

Your local community welfare officer can help you out, if you go and explain that you have children and you're depending on the fuel allowance and Xmas bonus to make it through the winter, they may be able to help in some way but it is all down to the cwo you deal with.

Best of luck to you!

Sound advice thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Breffni1997

Hi,

Does it matter if a consultant pscyiatrist fills out your DA form as opposed to your G.P. And what is the current waiting time ?

Thanks
    BM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Conas

Hi,

Does it matter if a consultant pscyiatrist fills out your DA form as opposed to your G.P. And what is the current waiting time ?

Thanks
    BM

You were referred to a Mental Health Centre by your GP, so you'll have to get your GP to fill it out. I was in the exact same position as you a few years back, so if you have any questions PM me. Thanks.

Advertisement