Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

• 24-04-2020 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭

€9.99 per month
    - 20GB
    - All SMS
    - 300 minutes
    - 7 GB EU data

You can swap 100 minutes for 1GB, 200 minutes for 2GB or 300 minutes for 3GB. You can carry out a maximum of three swaps per membership providing you have sufficient minutes.

Details: https://48.ie/memberships

4G data.

This is one of the best value prepay packages on the market. Eir's GoMo package obviously might be better for those that want bill pay or more data.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Three's customer service is absolutely abysmal. I would not recommend signing a contract with this company even it it were free.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Why is three in the title?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

DopeTech wrote: »
    Why is three in the title?

Three own 48.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Their terms disallow tethering so maybe someone can confirm whether it's enforced or not.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Their terms disallow tethering so maybe someone can confirm whether it's enforced or not.

Not enforced it seems.

• Advertisement

JTMan wrote: »
    Three own 48.

Yes I get that but they are different networks, it's like saying Eir sky broadband because sky resell eir lines, you wouldn't do it. Just seems a bit misleading to me.

DopeTech wrote: »
    Yes I get that but they are different networks, it's like saying Eir sky broadband because sky resell eir lines, you wouldn't do it.

It's about ownership. Eir don't own Sky.

The owner of 48 is Three.
    The network that 48 use is Three.
    The customer service is done via a team inside Three customer service.
    (Granted elements of the customer experience such as the website are different).

Multiple people have said "Eir GoMo". It is the same principal.

Anyways, this really is a minor point.

It's about ownership. Eir don't own Sky.

The owner of 48 is Three.
    The network that 48 use is Three.
    The customer service is done via a team inside Three customer service.
    (Granted elements of the customer experience such as the website are different).

Multiple people have said "Eir GoMo". It is the same principal.

Anyways, this really is a minor point.

Sorry man, I didn't mean to be dissing the offer or anything it's quite good if all you need is 20gb per month then it's good you can get it for a tenner. The more competition in the market the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,031 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is tethering allowed?

Is tethering allowed?

Effectively yes. They do not stop you tethering. See posts above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Joziburg

Is 20GB much. Say you’re at home 30% of day (WiFi) and out and about for 70% (data). With the listening to Spotify on and off and other internet / push notifications on a daily basis

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

tdf7187 wrote: »
    Three's customer service is absolutely abysmal. I would not recommend signing a contract with this company even it it were free.

It is bad,bit how often if ever do folk use customer service.

Do you need a new sim if three own it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Three is rubbish I switched to GoMo and have fantastic signal everywhere.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Yeah, I mentioned that in the OP. This effectively means that people can get up to 1,200 minutes per month.
    My understanding is you can swap minutes for extra data but you can't swap data for extra minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭AhhHere

Joziburg wrote: »
    Is 20GB much. Say you’re at home 30% of day (WiFi) and out and about for 70% (data). With the listening to Spotify on and off and other internet / push notifications on a daily basis

I use about 7-8GB an average month. This is good as it's per month not 28 days so you're only paying 12 times a year rather than 13.

No sign up fee either - which eir or gomo has. I'm interested

There's a 40 GB option for fifteen quid with the 300 minutes.

Quackster wrote: »
    My understanding is you can swap minutes for extra data but you can't swap data for extra minutes.

Thanks for the clarification. Not crystal clear on their website but seems like you are right. I have updated the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Quackster wrote: »

Pity, that's me out, would burn through 300 mins in a under a week

Cheapest bloody website I think I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭redarmy

With 48 last 3 years find them great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭irishchris

Was with them also and found them excellent but moved due to low data allowance. Wish they had more mins than 300 though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

They almost definitely changed the swap options since the new plans were announced...there was a page with details of how data could be swapped for minutes (1GB for 100 minutes, 2GB for 200, 3 GB for 300 up to max of 900 minutes) but it's either been edited or deleted for whatever reason and now it's the other way around which is less useful IMO but 300 mins is possibly enough for a lot of customers and for 10 euro it's good value for that amount of data, minutes and text.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭irishchris

Ten Pin wrote: »
    They almost definitely changed the swap options since the new plans were announced...there was a page with details of how data could be swapped for minutes (1GB for 100 minutes, 2GB for 200, 3 GB for 300 up to max of 900 minutes) but it's either been edited or deleted for whatever reason and now it's the other way around which is less useful IMO but 300 mins is possibly enough for a lot of customers and for 10 euro it's good value for that amount of data, minutes and text.

That's terrible from them if they have. I won't be switching anyway due to low minutes allowance but would prefer them over gomo. Sticking with gomo though due solely to more minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

for anyone interested, they say that the free sim has 1gb of data included on delivery. So if you want a free sim to use for whatever reason, even as a test sim or something for the dual sim in your phone, nothing to lose here.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Nua

redarmy wrote: »
    With 48 last 3 years find them great

Can't see any details on the site, are the calls to all networks & landlines?

Nua wrote: »
    Can't see any details on the site, are the calls to all networks & landlines?

It'll be national minutes so either to Irish mobile networks or landlines.

Edit: from their email when you order a SIM.

The details of each Membership are as follows;
    20GB Membership
    300 minutes for calls ROI and EU
    Unlimited any network texts ROI only
    20GB of data of which 7GB can be used when roaming in the EU
    40GB Membership
    300 minutes for calls ROI and EU
    Unlimited any network texts ROI only
    40GB of data of which 9GB can be used while roaming in the EU

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Can anyone find clear T&C's? They say "Roll any excess data over to next month before you lose it". Interesting and innovative.

Can anyone find clear T&C's? They say "Roll any excess data over to next month before you lose it". Interesting and innovative.

Pretty much all answered here.

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/Flexi-Data/ta-p/53114

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

So you can save up to 5Gb unused data per month up to a max of 50Gb valid for 12 months. Decent.

• Advertisement

So you can save up to 5Gb unused data per month up to a max of 50Gb valid for 12 months. Decent.

You can carry over 5gb to the next month but if not used in the next month cannot be carried over again.

It's also dependant on you renewing your membership within 48 hours of it running out.

"Carried over data must be used within your next membership or it will expire
    You’ll need to be on our new memberships to use the Carryover feature. "

Advertisement