Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-07-2020, 10:42   #16
StupidLikeAFox

Clothes. How annoying is it getting up and having to decide what clothes to wear. Everybody should be issued with standard issue black outfits. Same goes for haircuts. "What'll it be?" - oh jog on, there should be a standard hairstyle for both men and women, ideally one for both but that might be pushing it.

Political parties. They are all the same anyway, we would save a lot of time and money if we did away with elections and all parties just merged into one and got on with it.

Music. Why are there so many styles and genres? There should only be a small selection of approved songs that everyone could listen to, preferably all dedicated to Michael Martin
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
17-07-2020, 10:50   #17
Gregor Samsa

I’ve two cars. Both 2010, and both marques that manufactured by Ford at the time. On one, you put the stalk up to turn on the wipers. On the other, put the stalk down. I can never remember which is which.

I test drove a Toyota Avensis years ago. As soon as I discovered the indicator stalk was on the right side of the steering wheel, I turned around and drove back to the garage. I’ve never even contemplated driving a Toyota since.

Imperial measurements should be banned worldwide. Anyone who can’t see the superiority of metric should not be allowed to measure anything.
17-07-2020, 11:05   #18
TheIrishGrover

Date: YYYY/MM/DD
Plugs: UK standard or something similar. I hate those US plugs. Jesus Christ I always feel like I'm going to get a shock when I plug something in. I don't know how they can simply accept these sparks when you plug something in or out.
Chargers: Apple should be forced to use USB-C.
On-screen keyboards: (For logging into Netflix or whatever on your tele) Should all be QWERTY. None of this some using ABCD sh*t
Shops: Prices on items in shops should be the f*cking price you pay. (I'm looking at your state tax, America)
Driving: Driving on one side of road (I don't care which, just f*cking pick one)
English spelling: Should be UK English spelling
Daylight Savings Time: Get rid
Measurements: Should all use Metric system (And this is coming from someone who grew up in the 70's). Weights, Metric system too. WTF is a "Fluid Ounce"? Are there 16 fluid ounces in a fluid pound? 14 fluid pounds in a fluid stone? Temperature measurement too. "30 degrees outside" "Nice" "Are you nuts? Water freezes at 24 degrees!!!" "WTF?"
17-07-2020, 11:09   #19
Atlantic Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor Samsa View Post
I test drove a Toyota Avensis years ago. As soon as I discovered the indicator stalk was on the right side of the steering wheel, I turned around and drove back to the garage. I’ve never even contemplated driving a Toyota since.

As far as I know all cars now sold here are indicators on the left, wipers on the right. Think it was circa late 90's. It was a proper pain when switching between cars.
Thanks from:
17-07-2020, 11:11   #20
Tig98

There is too much needless options and ranges.

Get rid of all the chocolate bars, take the stress out of treating yourself

All anyone really needs is a good Turkish delight and be on their way
Advertisement
17-07-2020, 11:12   #21
M256

The manual transmission should be made illegal
17-07-2020, 11:32   #22
biko
Arbiter

There are too many governments.
How about just one, a world government?
Thanks from:
17-07-2020, 11:33   #23
murpho999

Plugs sould be Irish/UK ones everywhere. There the safest in my opinion.

Chargers. Apple are either switching to USB C soon enough or to wireless.
I think in a few years all mobiles will not have a charging port as they'll all be using wireless charging.

America should stop using Farenheit temps.

Metric system should be worldwide.

Irish butter should be standard around the world

All bread should bakery fresh everywhere. Pre packaged such as Brennan's banned.

Car Number Plates. I think the irish year-county- number is great and simple. Should be everywhere.
17-07-2020, 11:34   #24
murpho999

Quote:
Originally Posted by M256 View Post
Why? I like driving manual car
Advertisement
17-07-2020, 11:35   #25
Gregor Samsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tig98 View Post
All anyone really needs is a good Turkish delight and be on their way
Turkish delight barely qualifies as a solid, let alone a food fit for human consumption.
(2) thanks from:
17-07-2020, 11:36   #26
Gregor Samsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by M256 View Post
Electric cars will see the end of the manual transmission.
17-07-2020, 11:56   #27
jimmycrackcorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidLikeAFox View Post
Clothes. How annoying is it getting up and having to decide what clothes to wear. Everybody should be issued with standard issue black outfits. Same goes for haircuts. "What'll it be?" - oh jog on, there should be a standard hairstyle for both men and women, ideally one for both but that might be pushing it.

Political parties. They are all the same anyway, we would save a lot of time and money if we did away with elections and all parties just merged into one and got on with it.

Music. Why are there so many styles and genres? There should only be a small selection of approved songs that everyone could listen to, preferably all dedicated to Michael Martin
Welcome to North Korea, where life is much simpler. Enjoy your incarceration.
(2) thanks from:
17-07-2020, 13:25   #28
El Weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by murpho999 View Post
Metric system should be worldwide.
It pretty much is.

It's only really the US, Liberia and Myanmar that still plod along with imperial.

Check out this lunacy for a laugh...

17-07-2020, 13:28   #29
Ubbquittious

BS546 FTW
Thanks from:
17-07-2020, 13:29   #30
MrCostington

Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidLikeAFox View Post
Everybody should be issued with standard issue black outfits. Same goes for haircuts. "What'll it be?" - oh jog on, there should be a standard hairstyle for both men and women, ideally one for both but that might be pushing it.

https://www.nine.com.au/entertainmen...49d9315df84a#2

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion