Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rahillion, Donabate - New build

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

denisstack wrote: »
    No but we intend to, and also to get shower enclosures installed. I wonder if anyone else had had this done. It would be much handier to pay the extra few quid and have it all done in one go than doing it afterwards.

Let me know if you ask about this, im not sure they will because its on there heads then when comes so snag list, had heard something similar years ago on another new build, but 100 % would be great to have shower in

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Min89

I asked about the shower enclosure a while back and was told no by Ballisk. They won't install it due to problems with them afterwards, no idea what he meant. Said the builder has learned from previous development in relation to the shower enclosure. I priced one for the 3 bed en suite shower, at €400.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 dcresham

denisstack wrote: »
    No but we intend to, and also to get shower enclosures installed. I wonder if anyone else had had this done. It would be much handier to pay the extra few quid and have it all done in one go than doing it afterwards.

If you get the builders to agree and get a decent price it'd be great to hear.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

Min89 wrote: »
    I asked about the shower enclosure a while back and was told no by Ballisk. They won't install it due to problems with them afterwards, no idea what he meant. Said the builder has learned from previous development in relation to the shower enclosure. I priced one for the 3 bed en suite shower, at €400.

When carrying out snag lists for customers I find that most builders are not fitting shower enclosures. They do this simply to save money. No other reason. Nothing to do with problems with the enclosures. They must have incompetent people fitting the enclosures if they are having problems as enclosures are designed to keep the water in & not let it out!

If you think of it , If they don't fit the enclosures they save around €200 per house. €200 saved per house on a 50 house development amounts to???????? €10,000 or in other terms a couple of really good holidays a year! why would they fit them. If there wasn't such a demand for houses, I bet you would see shower enclosures starting to be fitted again!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 singita

Hi, great to find this forum.

We are moving into the Crescent. I'm just wondering if people with primary school children are enrolling them into the girls/boys school Scoil Phadraic? And if it has a good reputation? We are moving from Malahide so trying to decide whether to change their school or not.

Also, any recommendations for montessori in Donabte? I have tried at least ten for next Sept and can't find a space.

I have three girls...11, 5 and 3...who are all looking forward to meeting new friends in their new estate.

thanks

• Advertisement

HEY, we have a little boy of 3, he's very excited also as the estate we are in in swords has no children at all. We are in the Crecent as well, number 16

We have him enrolled in the boys school next to the estate, they had an open evening a few months back and I thought it was fantastic. Was an open night for boys and girls school.

We already have him in a crèche in donabate called roots and wings in Beresford, he really loves it there so will keep him in there,

I believe there is a crèche being brought into Rahillion but I'm not 100% on that. Someone on here might know more.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Jacdub

We are moving our children from st Sylvester’s in malahide to st Patrick’s boys school. The proximity to the school from our house would just be madness not to send them there. We also went to the open night and found it to be a lovely school with a very approachable principal.

Also, we have been notified by our solicitor today that vendor will be ready to snag in two weeks. That’s the drive.

Jacdub wrote: »
    Also, we have been notified by our solicitor today that vendor will be ready to snag in two weeks. That’s the drive.

that's good news, is that what you were expecting or earlier?

At this stage now just happy to be getting. I would interested to know what issues other people found during snagging. I was in our house last week and the electrician noticed the extractor fan in the kitchen was missing a flue pipe. Just in case anyone else has the same isssue.
    jester1980 wrote: »
    that's good news, is that what you were expecting or earlier?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 MQuin

Hey - I heard the Phase 3 plans have been sent to the planners but I can't find them on the Fingal website. Has anyone found them?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Pdbeighty1

We're on the crescent.. Our 5 year old is going to Snr infants in the girls school in sept. I Spoke at length to the principal by phone one day. She really put me at ease about changing her school.

I am really keen to hear how snagging goes - JacDub - do you mind me asking how far down the drive you are? Trying to work out how close we are to getting called to snag the crescent.

Thanks

When were you told do you mind me asking, we were told end April, start May.

But I think the house im in, its part of three houses beside school will be the last as the others looked to go up before ours.

Snag April, move in May was the last update I got.

I was out there last weekend, and the house is pretty far along.

oh great stuff, were you able to drive all the way in??

You need to walk up. its a bit mucky as expected, but there is a road surface so perfectly fine to walk up

great stuff will have a walk up the weekend, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Murrey

MQuin wrote: »
    Hey - I heard the Phase 3 plans have been sent to the planners but I can't find them on the Fingal website. Has anyone found them?
    thanks

Are these the ones opposite the drive that were refused? I heard they will be single story

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MQuin

The original plans where rejected but they have submitted new plans for two-story houses that aren't as tall as the other houses in the estate. Overall SqFoot is bigger though. Approx 1700/1800 Sqfoot

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Murrey

The original plans where rejected but they have submitted new plans for two-story houses that aren't as tall as the other houses in the estate. Overall SqFoot is bigger though. Approx 1700/1800 Sqfoot

Thanks for that. Will be interesting to see the plans as these houses will be directly opposite us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

thanks

I spoke to the estate agent earlier in the week and they hadn't been submitted at that stage.

Hi Pbeigty

We are number 14 on the drive. Fingers crossed all the snagging is straight forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 singita

Thanks so much for getting back to me re schools. I think we will definitely move my younger children to the girls school. My eldest is going into 6th class in Malahide so it would seem unfair to move her...although she won't be able to get into the secondary school in Malahide so would have to go to the secondary in Donabate. Does anyone know if it is an ok school? It seems to get very mixed reviews.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Newhome2019

Greetings everyone. Myself and my boyfriend put a deposit down on a house on the last road facing the Estuary a few weeks ago. It's all very exciting, we are praying the plans go through approved as they were refused twice so far by Fingal Co Co. They seem confident they will having gone through talks with the council. I keep checking fingal co co but nothing has been submitted yet. Anybody else put deposits on this road?. Numbers 13-43 Rahillion Drive?.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Lyncher101

Greetings everyone. Myself and my boyfriend put a deposit down on a house on the last road facing the Estuary a few weeks ago. It's all very exciting, we are praying the plans go through approved as they were refused twice so far by Fingal Co Co. They seem confident they will having gone through talks with the council. I keep checking fingal co co but nothing has been submitted yet. Anybody else put deposits on this road?. Numbers 13-43 Rahillion Drive?.

Hi

We also have a booking deposit down on a house along the Drive in Phase 3 (rejected already, but apparently Ballisk are more confident with this application as you mentioned). I've been told it could be the case that it will be 4 weeks before the plans will be uploaded to FCC website. Not sure if they have been submitted yet, but it will take 4/5 weeks after submission before they appear. Looking forward to seeing them myself!
    Fingers crossed there are no problems with this application.

Went up after work yesterday and walked down to the Crescent where we bought, first thing I noticed was how big the green is going to be, they have it sort of blocked in already. Delighted as that was a big part of getting the house. Houses all up, they were working on numbers 1-4 when I was there anyway,

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Runner Bean

I have been looking at the 5 bed online - could anyone who has been to the showhouse tell me if there is a separate utility room? I dont see one downstairs on the plans. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Marie Grace

It's upstairs, at the top of the stairs. I'm not sure how I feel about it there!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 gtj10

I have been looking at the 5 bed online - could anyone who has been to the showhouse tell me if there is a separate utility room? I dont see one downstairs on the plans. Thanks.

Hi,

I was out there last week and viewed it, the house was amazing. The utility is on the first floor in its own small room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 alexey

Hi,

Has anyone done snagging already? Could someone recommend professionals who can provide with "snag list service"?
    We have been told by builder that house will be ready for snagging within 4 weeks (Rahillion Drive, 36)...

Regards,

Advertisement