Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Summer Weather 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

But it's looking warm with above average temperatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Carnacalla wrote: »
    But it's looking warm with above average temperatures.

Yes it is with temperatures in the 17-22c range generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭tanko

Any idea of rainfall for that week?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Padster90s

Humidity and clouds looks set to increase from Sunday on. Sun lovers should have their fill got by then! Prefer the higher humidity and sticky dead heat myself :)

Can't wait for the sticky dead heat. Sure who needs sleep?

Thanks to my wonderfully insulated Irish house, the heat REFUSES to leave, ensuring the room stays a cosy 24c. Can't wait to have 24c and humidity!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Padster90s

Can't wait for the sticky dead heat. Sure who needs sleep?

Thanks to my wonderfully insulated Irish house, the heat REFUSES to leave, ensuring the room stays a cosy 24c. Can't wait to have 24c and humidity!

Just open the window, I can't see why anyone would mind a billion flies in swarming around the bed!

Padster90s wrote: »
    Just open the window, I can't see why anyone would mind a billion flies in swarming around the bed!

I wouldn't mind but I have the window open (although with the blind down to disencourage the flies) but its completely dead calm out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Amazing to watch Springwatch on BBC2, the presenters are frozen with strong wind and rain, normally its the other way around

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Not a cloud in the sky for morning 2 of summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Very nice charts for next week. Hopefully they will stay the same

Rtavn1561.gif

• Advertisement

I guess this is what we get for an atrocious Winter like the one just gone. This makes me want more snowless winters like the one just gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 xxwerabuczko

sryanbruen wrote: »
    This weather really has given me the Summer vibes. It is very warm and sunny today that it just feels unseasonably warm here. I am still sticking to my same predictions from earlier this year that I set!

June: Dry and warm BUT the potential of thundery downpours at times.
    July: Dry, sunny and warm. Driest July in 27 years.
    August: Rather wet but sunny and warm again.

So overall according to these predictions, it will be a dry, sunny and very warm Summer.

In depth of warmth, I'd say:

June: +1.0 - +1.5c above normal
    July: +2.0 - +2.5c above normal
    August: +0.5 - +1.0c above normal

Summer overall would be: +1.0 - +1.5c above normal which would make it nearly as identical as Summer 2013 but not nearly as hot as 1995.

MT... what's your monthly predictions for the individual Summer months?
    !!!!

!!!!

Excuse me :confused:?

Did anyone see MT's forecast for next week?

"NEXT WEEK may bring some heavier showers and thunderstorms with frontal passages, and between these it could be very warm at times, in the 24-27 C range. "

Did anyone see MT's forecast for next week?

"NEXT WEEK may bring some heavier showers and thunderstorms with frontal passages, and between these it could be very warm at times, in the 24-27 C range. "

Yes I did

Feels like the hottest day so far today in West Clare. Currently 22.8c, the second hottest temperature I've recorded this year. Very breezy, but in a sheltered area its sweltering hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,434 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Looking at the models there would appear to be an increasing likelihood of heatwave conditions developing later next week with no break in the fine weather for the forseeable future.

The GFS and UKMO are best for these prospects.

GFSOPEU06_144_1.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

Looking at the models there would appear to be an increasing likelihood of heatwave conditions developing later next week with no break in the fine weather for the forseeable future.

The GFS and UKMO are best for these prospects.

GFSOPEU06_144_1.png

BRILLIANT

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Nearly 23C in Castlebar currently, looks like it will end up being our hottest day of the year so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Hmmm Acuweather aint given the best outlook for the long weekend / tuesday / wednesday.
    Anyone know how "accuarate" ACUWEATHER are against Irelands own Met Eireann? :confused:

http://www.accuweather.com/en/ie/dublin/207931/daily-weather-forecast/207931?day=1

• Advertisement

ronan45 wrote: »
    Hmmm Acuweather aint given the best outlook for the long weekend / tuesday / wednesday.
    Anyone know how "accuarate" ACUWEATHER are against Irelands own Met Eireann? :confused:

http://www.accuweather.com/en/ie/dublin/207931/daily-weather-forecast/207931?day=1

100% inaccurate

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Skylined.94

The Norwegian Met service (yr.no) are predicting a break in the weatheron Monday afternoon with a grim outlook for next week.

The Norwegian Met service (yr.no) are predicting a break in the weatheron Monday afternoon with a grim outlook for next week.

Yeah they're right but it will be warm all the while.

ronan45 wrote: »

AccuWeather is famously inaccurate, after 4 or 5 days they just go by averages, with no other factors put in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Moo Moo Land

We really needed this hot weather. Everyone is great form.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

The high temps will remain with some possible >25c next week in heat traps. Humidity levels will begin to rise though from Sunday bringing an increased risk of (isolated) thundery showers breaking out.

387634.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The east coast could be quite a deal warmer next week than it has been past few days, perhaps a few 23c and even 24c's, unlikely to be as sunny. Will hopefully avoid most of the showers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

The warmest day of the year here near Tralee getting up to 23.0C in open countryside and currently 19.7C. Got into the car in Tralee today and it was reading 32C, could barely hold the steering wheel. Was driving around for 15 mins and it remained at 27C in the centre of town.

pqK2ppD.png

The warmest day of the year here near Tralee getting up to 23.0C in open countryside and currently 19.7C. Got into the car in Tralee today and it was reading 32C, could barely hold the steering wheel. Was driving around for 15 mins and it remained at 27C in the centre of town.

pqK2ppD.png

10s and 11s in the east of England :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

sryanbruen wrote: »
    10s and 11s in the east of England :pac::pac::pac:

Saw that, makes it even sweeter :)

Advertisement