Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tropical Storm CINDY

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Hopefully it blows all that pissy weather away while it's at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭howlinwolf

ias far as i know ....which isnt a lot .... it will pass over us som time sunday but it will be just another normal rainy day ,nothig special. it seems at the moment it will bring in more humid conditions for next week so maybe we will finally start to see a bit of summer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

By the time this came over us most of the damaging winds would be gone but it would lead to a significant rain event

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

My sis is flying to new york later today... i was gonna show her this but ye, i better not scare her haha :rolleyes:

Estimated track to Saturday. Doesnt look like it'll be anything of interest to us.
    203813W5_NL_sm.gif

• Advertisement

http://www.stormpulse.com/tropical-storm-cindy-2011

From the end point given on that expected path almost all of the models forecast the storm to then move southwards with 2 of them tracking directly over ireland!

http://www.stormpulse.com/tropical-storm-cindy-2011

From the end point given on that expected path almost all of the models forecast the storm to then move southwards with 2 of them tracking directly over ireland!

WHY HAVE I NEVER SEEN THIS AWESOME SITE BEFORE!?! :eek:
    :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

The tracking of this seems to have changed over the last 24 hours, and is now heading towards Ireland?

cindys.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Possible direct hit from this on monday, even worse it may push rain cloud that is stood off the west of Ireland in over us on sunday night.

UKMO is not in alignment with the Met Office right now. Condy may bugger off to Scotland instead of Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

This is all gone a bit mental,lots of sudden changes in models lately.And now T.S CINDY wants to play too.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Is this for real ?

I thought next week was going to be our "summer" ? :confused:

Tracking on Cindy hasn't changed at all and even now in very cold waters she's still holding as a tropical storm (40mph winds). Only 48-60 hours out from Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭dexter647

Tracking on Cindy hasn't changed at all and even now in very cold waters she's still holding as a tropical storm (40mph winds). Only 48-60 hours out from Ireland

I'm sure it will continue to weaken as it approaches though unfortunately...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Looks like a possible non event on monday, see Vedur.is here

UKMO for NI is "Cloudier on Monday with the chance of a little rain."

Vedur.is indicates blicking high keeping Cindy out even.

Thanks god for the Icelandics, what :)

Advertisement