Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-10-2020, 21:31   #91
Basil3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spn744 View Post
Where do you see the new terms? Can’t see to find the change about 48 sims. Thanks
https://n.vodafone.ie/terms/offers.html

Under the Samsung Buds offer
Thanks from:
Advertisement
18-10-2020, 22:10   #92
okidoki987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basil3 View Post
Bear in mind that this has been added to the terms of the offer:

Effective from 16 October 2020:
Customers moving from Tesco /48 are not eligible to avail of this offer.
B'tards.
I'd say that will knock out a good few people getting these if 48 won't work.
18-10-2020, 22:15   #93
JamesRLS

since the terms went into effect 16th oct onwards, people who ported before that should be fine id presume?
18-10-2020, 22:17   #94
lordsheepface

Whats the logic of excluding tesco and 48?
18-10-2020, 22:27   #95
okidoki987

These are the t&c's for the offer.
The last line is only valid since Friday 16th so anyone who has ordered before then should get their buds but it's a moving the goalposts decision and won't be appreciated.
So 18 days into the offer, Vodafone have decided to change the t&c's and remove 2 operators from the list.
Also in the t&c's, it states it is "Students" offer?

Quote:
Free Samsung Galaxy Wireless Ear Buds when you switch to Vodafone X (without a handset) Online Promotion Campus Tour September/October 2020 Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to the promotional offer pursuant to which students can receive a set of free Samsung Galaxy Wireless Ear Buds (worth €139 RRP) if they (i) switch to Vodafone X from another network (excluding Lyca Mobile), using our online channel, without the purchase of a handset, and (ii) top up by €20 or more in one go (the “Offer”). These terms will apply in addition to the General Terms and Conditions under which you enjoy access to Vodafone's Mobile Telecommunications Services (found here: https://n.vodafone.ie/terms/pay-as-you-go.html) and any applicable service specific terms.
- This Offer is available to Eligible Customers only. Eligibility is determined in accordance with the terms and conditions.
- Eligible Customers means new student customers who port to Vodafone X from another network provider (excluding Lyca Mobile) using our online channel. This Offer excludes Vodafone customers moving from any other Vodafone plan to Vodafone X. This Offer excludes customers moving from any other network to Vodafone X who also purchase a handset.
- To avail of this Offer, Eligible Customers must; (i) successfully port to Vodafone X from another network (excluding Lyca Mobile), using our online channel, between the dates of 28th September 2020 to 30th October 2020 inclusive, (ii) top up by at least €20 or more within 14 days of the request to port, and (iii) have used their phone in one of the following ways: make an outgoing phone call, send a text message or avail of data services within 14 days of the request to port.
- Eligible Customers who satisfy the Offer conditions will receive a unique code via SMS within 14 days of satisfying the above criteria, along with instructions on how to redeem their free Samsung Galaxy Wireless Ear Buds on the online Vodafone accessories portal (https://www.vodafonefaf.ie/collectio...2019-sep-2020). The code will remain valid for 7 days at which point it will expire.
- Customers who believe they satisfy the Offer conditions but who have not received a code via SMS must contact Vodafone customer care by 30th November 2020 to investigate or they will be deemed to have forfeited any and all entitlements pursuant to this Offer. Vodafone’s determination in respect thereof shall be final.
- Strictly one Offer per customer/account/household/IP address.
- Once the order process is complete, the free Samsung Galaxy Wireless Ear Buds will be delivered to the customer’s provided address on the Vodafone accessories portal within 5 working days.
- This Offer cannot be claimed in conjunction with any other Vodafone offer, including but not limited to the Vodafone X Refer a Friend programme. For the avoidance of doubt, customers who join Vodafone X as referees through the Refer a Friend programme are not eligible to receive free Samsung Galaxy Wireless Ear Buds pursuant to this Offer but this does not exclude students who avail of this Offer from subsequently partaking in the Vodafone X Refer a Friend programme as referrers.
- The Samsung Galaxy Wireless Ear Buds cannot be exchanged for cash.
- This Offer is strictly subject to availability and while stocks last.

Effective from 16 October 2020:
Customers moving from Tesco /48 are not eligible to avail of this offer.
Advertisement
18-10-2020, 22:30   #96
DopeTech

Turning into an absolute shambles.
Thanks from:
18-10-2020, 22:34   #97
okidoki987

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsheepface View Post
Whats the logic of excluding tesco and 48?
I'd guess more applications than they were expecting which is probably due to this thread!
Thanks from:
18-10-2020, 23:01   #98
Spn744

Very bad form from Vodafone. I ordered the sim on the 16th so hopefully it is still valid but I won’t be topping up by €20 until I get confirmation that I’ll still get the offer and I’d recommend anyone else to do the same from 48/Tesco.

It feels to me like a €20 raffle for a chance to win the earbuds rather than guaranteed item.
Thanks from:
18-10-2020, 23:09   #99
Basil3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spn744 View Post
Very bad form from Vodafone. I ordered the sim on the 16th so hopefully it is still valid but I won’t be topping up by €20 until I get confirmation that I’ll still get the offer and I’d recommend anyone else to do the same from 48/Tesco.

It feels to me like a €20 raffle for a chance to win the earbuds rather than guaranteed item.
I'd say you're fine if you went through the signup process and got the text through to the number you're porting from. That's probably the only place it could fail if they're blocking ports from certain networks.

Their pixel 3a offer said you couldn't port from Lyca, and multiple people did, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's just a safer bet to port from Eir or something.
Advertisement
18-10-2020, 23:20   #100
Spn744

Quote:
I'd say you're fine if you went through the signup process and got the text through to the number you're porting from. That's probably the only place it could fail if they're blocking ports from certain networks.

Their pixel 3a offer said you couldn't port from Lyca, and multiple people did, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's just a safer bet to port from Eir or something.
Thanks for the info. Hopefully all will be good because it’s an amazing offer to be fair!
19-10-2020, 00:13   #101
okidoki987

Quote:

Would imagine because the sim is free, people would use 48 if they didn't want to port their own numbers over.
Any there any other free sims around?
19-10-2020, 00:21   #102
Spn744

Quote:
Originally Posted by okidoki987 View Post
Would imagine because the sim is free, people would use 48 if they didn't want to port their own numbers over.
Any there any other free sims around?
If you search Eir free SIM card you get it for no required top up or shopping cost
Thanks from:
19-10-2020, 02:01   #103
pandaa

Strictly one Offer per customer/account/household/IP address.
19-10-2020, 06:58   #104
Roberto_gas

So its a student offer...glad i did not get ported or topped up..had used 48 SIM !! Good luck to anyone who will get the code !!
19-10-2020, 07:04   #105
bromley52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto_gas View Post
So its a student offer...glad i did not get ported or topped up..had used 48 SIM !! Good luck to anyone who will get the code !!
How are they supposed to know someone is a student or not. There was no such question when signing up.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion