Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
29-10-2020, 17:49   #346
Raoul
Registered User
 
Raoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 6,796
They keep fobbing me off on facebook messenger and twitter saying the dedicated team will get back to me in 24/48 hours. Last week they said I would definitely get it on the 28th. I will be raging if I don't get anything. I think I was the first one to post this the google pixel thread.
Raoul is offline  
Advertisement
29-10-2020, 18:25   #347
bromley52
Registered User
 
bromley52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul View Post
They keep fobbing me off on facebook messenger and twitter saying the dedicated team will get back to me in 24/48 hours. Last week they said I would definitely get it on the 28th. I will be raging if I don't get anything. I think I was the first one to post this the google pixel thread.
I was sent the code via Twitter PM so make sure you check.
bromley52 is offline  
Thanks from:
29-10-2020, 19:07   #348
lordsheepface
Registered User
 
lordsheepface's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 8
If you didn't order online on or before 23 Oct you cannot avail of this offer so don't bother to topup.
lordsheepface is offline  
29-10-2020, 19:13   #349
Roberto_gas
Registered User
 
Roberto_gas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul View Post
They keep fobbing me off on facebook messenger and twitter saying the dedicated team will get back to me in 24/48 hours. Last week they said I would definitely get it on the 28th. I will be raging if I don't get anything. I think I was the first one to post this the google pixel thread.
Bombard on twitter saying what rubbish i need updates etc..
Roberto_gas is offline  
Thanks from:
29-10-2020, 19:58   #350
Raoul
Registered User
 
Raoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 6,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto_gas View Post
Bombard on twitter saying what rubbish i need updates etc..
Is that what you did? Haha. I have been on to them a few times.

They have awful customer service. Trying to get my mother signed up to their broadband too. They posted out the modem over a month ago and I have been on to them constantly to just activate it. Same story we'll get back to you in 48 hours. After a week they have told me to place the order again
Raoul is offline  
Advertisement
29-10-2020, 21:50   #351
okidoki987
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 9,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul View Post
Is that what you did? Haha. I have been on to them a few times.

They have awful customer service. Trying to get my mother signed up to their broadband too. They posted out the modem over a month ago and I have been on to them constantly to just activate it. Same story we'll get back to you in 48 hours. After a week they have told me to place the order againl
I'd say if you tell them you are going to cancel the order, they would be quick enough connecting it.
okidoki987 is offline  
30-10-2020, 08:15   #352
gerard2210
Registered User
 
gerard2210's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 491
A reminder for anyone who signed up for this offer, your card will be charged monthly unless you go into settings and remove the credit card details.
gerard2210 is offline  
Thanks from:
30-10-2020, 08:20   #353
Roberto_gas
Registered User
 
Roberto_gas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerard2210 View Post
A reminder for anyone who signed up for this offer, your card will be charged monthly unless you go into settings and remove the credit card details.
Sorry but where can i do that ? I did a topup one time so not sure how they can charge me again ?
Have not setup automatic topup or any cards on account
Roberto_gas is offline  
30-10-2020, 08:26   #354
gerard2210
Registered User
 
gerard2210's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto_gas View Post
Sorry but where can i do that ? I did a topup one time so not sure how they can charge me again ?
Have not setup automatic topup or any cards on account
I think when you signed up your details were set to automatic top up. (Mine were). Maybe I selected automatic top up when signing up, but better be safe than sorry.
Download the app, go into "top up" and you can cancel the card there.
gerard2210 is offline  
Advertisement
30-10-2020, 08:27   #355
Aristotle
Registered User
 
Aristotle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 5,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerard2210 View Post
I think when you signed up your details were set to automatic top up. (Mine were). Maybe I selected automatic top up when signing up, but better be safe than sorry.
Download the app, go into "top up" and you can cancel the card there.
They weren't, Vodafone X is PAYG by default.
Aristotle is offline  
30-10-2020, 08:55   #356
Sappy404
Registered User
 
Sappy404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerard2210 View Post
A reminder for anyone who signed up for this offer, your card will be charged monthly unless you go into settings and remove the credit card details.
I can't see my card details anywhere on the app. Can I ask how you did your top-up?
Sappy404 is offline  
30-10-2020, 09:10   #357
gerard2210
Registered User
 
gerard2210's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sappy404 View Post
I can't see my card details anywhere on the app. Can I ask how you did your top-up?
On the app the box at the top gives you the usage info, under that there's a box giving your credit balance and a red box saying top up. Click on that box. A box will pop up with "top up" and "more options" click on "more options", then "set automatic top up". Then cancel the card.
gerard2210 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
30-10-2020, 10:02   #358
Raoul
Registered User
 
Raoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 6,796
Just got my code. Annoying them on facebook and twitter seems to be the way to go.
Raoul is offline  
30-10-2020, 10:34   #359
JamesRLS
Registered User
 
JamesRLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul View Post
Just got my code. Annoying them on facebook and twitter seems to be the way to go.
Im still waiting for a response! what did you ask them
JamesRLS is offline  
30-10-2020, 10:51   #360
Sappy404
Registered User
 
Sappy404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerard2210 View Post
On the app the box at the top gives you the usage info, under that there's a box giving your credit balance and a red box saying top up. Click on that box. A box will pop up with "top up" and "more options" click on "more options", then "set automatic top up". Then cancel the card.
I think I'm alright. I only see "Add Payment Method".
Attached Images
File Type: png nocc.png (31.8 KB, 21 views)
Sappy404 is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet