Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

30-09-2020, 14:54   #76
torrevieja

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubDJ View Post
The fire stick light doesn’t support Dolby Atmos sound and has a different remote with less tv controls. That’s the major difference really.
And pray tell me Dolby Atmos what does that do is it necessary or something
Advertisement
30-09-2020, 14:55   #77
charlietheminxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticNoise View Post
Not going to detail the thread but they've acquired a large fulfillment centre in Rathcoole and are currently training drivers at the moment, doing trial runs and logistical work.

An Post are also aware of this (they mentioned it in their recent annual update) that Amazon are one of their biggest customers, and they know they're going to be also using their own services, which will take some pressure off the postal system.

In short, Amazon Prime is landing properly in Ireland.
I'd expect something before Black Friday here.
Excellent news, thanks! Maybe next Prime day we will be able to order without having to use Parcel Wizard/Motel or other workarounds for items with lithium ion batteries
30-09-2020, 15:13   #78
blastman

Quote:
Originally Posted by torrevieja View Post
And pray tell me Dolby Atmos what does that do is it necessary or something
It's high end surround sound, not necessary if you don't have Atmos speakers or aren't planning to set up an Atmos system, I suppose.
Thanks from:
30-09-2020, 15:24   #79
ted1

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlietheminxx View Post
Where did you hear that? Like someone else above, I have the student prime rate so I'm covered anyway, but I'd love to be able to order things without the frequent "can't be delivered to your address" messages.
They are opening a warehouse. I imagine once that is their. They’ll start prime

https://www.fm104.ie/news/fm104-news...use-in-dublin/
J
30-09-2020, 15:26   #80
Sheep Shagger

Quote:
Not going to detail the thread but they've acquired a large fulfillment centre in Rathcoole and are currently training drivers at the moment, doing trial runs and logistical work.

An Post are also aware of this (they mentioned it in their recent annual update) that Amazon are one of their biggest customers, and they know they're going to be also using their own services, which will take some pressure off the postal system.

In short, Amazon Prime is landing properly in Ireland.
I'd expect something before Black Friday here.
Is one fulfillment centre going to be able to carry all stock to allow for next day delivery tbiugh, presumably will be selected items. If you've seen the building in Swansea (Wales) you'll know what I mean.
Advertisement
30-09-2020, 15:31   #81
SouthWesterly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyg View Post
Anyone else get different prices when shipping to Ireland vs Parcel motel address? When I ship to Ireland the product seems to be discounted but when I ship to UK the product is charging the full price.
It's the vat difference
(2) thanks from:
30-09-2020, 15:34   #82
StaticNoise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep Shagger View Post
Is one fulfillment centre going to be able to carry all stock to allow for next day delivery tbiugh, presumably will be selected items. If you've seen the building in Swansea (Wales) you'll know what I mean.
Most likely, we'll expect them to stock the majority of the most sought after items, such as those that are in big demand.
There will be years of data and analytics which would indicate which are 'must-stock' items for Irish customers.
(2) thanks from:
30-09-2020, 16:48   #83
bobbyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthWesterly View Post
It's the vat difference
Cheers, it is a big difference. I was looking at two sound bars that came to £1,080 combined but with the reduced price it was £899. I then signed up to prime for a free month for prime day and now I no longer have the option to ship to Ireland so would have to pay the full price again. Will cancel the prime membership once prime day passes and hopefully the option to ship to Ireland will be there again.
30-09-2020, 16:55   #84
podgeandrodge

Quote:
Most likely, we'll expect them to stock the majority of the most sought after items, such as those that are in big demand.
There will be years of data and analytics which would indicate which are 'must-stock' items for Irish customers.
Would be good if they allowed collection facilities in various outlets.
Advertisement
30-09-2020, 17:13   #85
Corholio

Quote:
Originally Posted by podgeandrodge View Post
Would be good if they allowed collection facilities in various outlets.
If they had their Amazon Lockers here it'd be great.
30-09-2020, 17:37   #86
MoodeRator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corholio View Post
If they had their Amazon Lockers here it'd be great.
What is there to stop them buying up parcel motel? And then rebrand the lockers?
30-09-2020, 17:38   #87
StaticNoise

Parcel Motel was purchased by UPS around a year ago.
Not going to happen.

Lockers maybe over the future months and years.
Baby steps!
30-09-2020, 18:57   #88
daheadonu

Very easy to get prime student used a family members old student id sent a picture and got the free trial, didn't even matter name and gender was different than my prime account!
(2) thanks from:
30-09-2020, 20:08   #89
cullenswood

Any chance of Shark or Dyson cordless being reduced in this?
30-09-2020, 20:15   #90
dowtchaboy

Quote:
Parcel Motel was purchased by UPS around a year ago.
Not going to happen.

Lockers maybe over the future months and years.
Baby steps!
I wonder will UPS be able to handle it after UK goes full Brexit after Jan 1st?
I can see Amazon being able to come to an arrangement with the Irish Customs and VAT people to collect the duty and VAT for them, since Amazon control the whole transaction from ordering to delivery, and can wrap it all up in your costs at point of ordering. But how will the ParcelMotel/UPS depot handle parcels with non-existent invoices or dodgy claims to be "gifts", then contact you to get the OK to charge you for VAT, duty etc? As far as I can see if the UK goes out of the EU without a tight free trade agreement, the ParcelMotel business model is fubar-ed, as are AddressPal, and all the others.
Thread Closed