Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

22-10-2020, 16:10   #1531
Johnrazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnrazz View Post
I see a few posts complaining about people posting delivery dates etc so apologies for another one here but I’m a newbie to this.

Ordered a fair few items on prime day, most have arrived no problems at all. Just waiting for a pair of kindles which had this weds bas the delievery date since time of purchase, it’s now been changed til ‘expected delivery date Friday 23rd of October’ but there is no trackment shipping on it and it tells me to check ups for this which I have and they say they’ve got a docket and are awaiting the package in Germany, is still standard enough yeah?

Thanks.
So this was supposed to arrive yesterday and didn’t even though Amazon assured me it was in transit (I had no tracking number) UPS said from the get go they didn’t receive it and Amazon insisted from the get go it would be on time.

Rang Amazon today and I’ve been refunded for the 2 kindles and for the £24.99 cases that I bought that I received but now no longer need!!! Was told if the kindles arrive then I can keep them as a good will gesture. Bought a lot of things last week and losing this order is disappointing more than if it had been anything else ordered as they’re not back in stock again until end of November and unless they go down in price again for Black Friday then I won’t be having them for Xmas.
Advertisement
22-10-2020, 17:36   #1532
EltonJohn69

Does anyone have a phone number for Amazon UK ? I can't find one anywhere, only could talk to a bot !
22-10-2020, 17:39   #1533
OmegaGene

Quote:
Originally Posted by EltonJohn69 View Post
Does anyone have a phone number for Amazon UK ? I can't find one anywhere, only could talk to a bot !
keep talking to the bot and you will get a real person eventually
Thanks from:
22-10-2020, 17:48   #1534
EltonJohn69

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaGene View Post
got them to call me but its kinda difficult to fund the page
22-10-2020, 18:30   #1535
Monokne

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeno View Post
Had a slightly creepy moment there - checked the status of a package and a map popped up showing my house and the driver being in my house. The doorbell then rang as I was looking at the map! Some coincidence. First time with a non An Post Amazon delivery and it went well but never had any issues with An Post either in fairness.
We are living in the Truman show, and you are Truman.
Advertisement
22-10-2020, 18:37   #1536
VG31

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaGene View Post
Just type "live agent".
Thanks from:
22-10-2020, 20:16   #1537
yankinlk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercell View Post
My experience with very long dates like that is basically it's a no date , aka they don't have an eta so they are covering. On every occasion i've experienced it the order has been delivered before the initial eta. For a Fire HD i'd be totally amazed if they stayed out of stock beyond Christmas.
I ordered the non plus version for a Christmas present during Prime day for the kiddies and got already for example, am sure many others have ordered the plus for the same reason so I'd be hopeful in your case.
About 2 hours later I got an email.... delivery next week, so you are right thanks
23-10-2020, 00:19   #1538
ozmo

Anyone considering returning unwanted stuff to Amazon- consider the below vid I came across..

Basically they tracked returns (Canada Amazon) and discovered most of tracked returns was sent directly to landfill- especially clothes and food prep devices even if in good condition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1yqcagavfY
(2) thanks from:
23-10-2020, 01:43   #1539
yankinlk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmo View Post
Anyone considering returning unwanted stuff to Amazon- consider the below vid I came across..

Basically they tracked returns (Canada Amazon) and discovered most of tracked returns was sent directly to landfill- especially clothes and food prep devices even if in good condition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1yqcagavfY
There they go cutting out the middleman again and offering a faster service
Advertisement
23-10-2020, 16:22   #1540
spix

Another prime deal... had 1 cancelled as 'damaged' immediately at shipment... amazon arrange replacement which not sent yet. 2nd one, drove over. Now this one...
lol
Undeliverable
Unfortunately, a problem occurred during shipping and we had to cancel your delivery. The package is being returned, and we will issue a refund within 5 - 7 business days after the return is processed. We’re very sorry for the inconvenience.

Thursday, 22 October
10:30 PM
Possible delay in delivery due to arrival at incorrect carrier facility
Lauwin-Planque, Hauts-de-France FR
10:19 PM
10:18 PM
4:28 PM
Shipment returned to Amazon.
Monday, 19 October
1:29 AM
Package departed an Amazon facility
Saint Helens, Merseyside GB
12:13 AM
Package arrived at an Amazon facility
Saint Helens, Merseyside GB
Sunday, 18 October
Package has shipped
23-10-2020, 16:31   #1541
The Continental Op

Not a Prime deal but just a couple of power leads I wanted ordered during Prime Day. This morning said it was lost now says it might be delivered. Yet also says delivered yet Tracking only shows Your delivery has shipped with no routing information.
Thread Closed