Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-10-2020, 17:27   #1396
The Ayatolla

Seems to vary. I picked up two of the steak mince in one shop but when in another shop later that day there was none.
Advertisement
18-10-2020, 18:16   #1397
Peter File

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thargor View Post
Another €1 off next shop, Lidl basically buying all my milk for me these days.

Annoying that the good stuff on the app is always out of stock though, like no mince or chicken kievs all week in Limerick, the need to triple/quadruple the amount they buy in for the app on stuff like that...
You are just unlucky. Plenty of mince in my local lidl this morning and picked up the kinder chocolates as well.
18-10-2020, 18:21   #1398
freshpopcorn

I got the Kinder and Coke but the mince looked terrible. So, I gave it a miss.
18-10-2020, 21:06   #1399
amacca

Quote:

Annoying that the good stuff on the app is always out of stock though, like no mince or chicken kievs all week in Limerick, the need to triple/quadruple the amount they buy in for the app on stuff like that...
You got lucky...plenty of it left in freezer in a lidl near me.......its made from "chopped/shaped" chicken.................too easy to hide poor quality low grade stuff in that

The mince was a different story however, what was in my place at least looked good quality to me, the time they had the whole chicken that was a good price and at least you knew what the meat was + the deal on the pork chops were good and you could tell what part of the animal the meat comes from.
18-10-2020, 23:15   #1400
OmegaGene

Quote:

Calling the chicken Kiev’s good stuff is a stretch, it’s made from pure muck - chopped and formed chicken same as the cheap tenders they sell
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
18-10-2020, 23:52   #1401
Thargor

I was raised on St Bernards chicken kievs or wherever they were cheapest and I turned out semi-alright, they're a comfort food
19-10-2020, 03:09   #1402
/\/ollog

Send a message via AIM to /\/ollog Send a message via Skype™ to /\/ollog
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaGene View Post
Calling the chicken Kiev’s good stuff is a stretch, it’s made from pure muck - chopped and formed chicken same as the cheap tenders they sell
https://youtube.com/watch?v=mKwL5G5HbGA

If you're expecting freshly breaded chicken breasts with a deeply flavourful garlic sauce from the freezer section in Lidl, I have bad news for you.
I had them tonight, they're better than the last Kiev I had from a freezer, in that they didn't break open. Fine for lazy nights in.
19-10-2020, 08:31   #1403
Truckermal

I think they are pure muck even compared to the Moy park ones..
19-10-2020, 11:55   #1404
Thargor

Aldi have 2 supreme chicken kievs in a baking tray in the fresh section, more expensive but its from a recognisable part of the chicken and they're fecking lovely, do lidl have them does anyone know?
Advertisement
19-10-2020, 13:43   #1405
Frank_1969

Quote:
Aldi have 2 supreme chicken kievs in a baking tray in the fresh section, more expensive but its from a recognisable part of the chicken and they're fecking lovely, do lidl have them does anyone know?
Dunnes do them on the bone.. 2 in a tray for €5..or mix n match 2 trays for €8..includes kievs, Marlands, breaded drumsticks and goujons...Very good imho
Thanks from:
19-10-2020, 16:07   #1406
FanadMan

Anyone else having problems with the app today? Keep getting "Couldn't process the request" error. The card opens but the app won't show anything else.
Thanks from:
19-10-2020, 19:28   #1407
Father Frisky

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanadMan View Post
Anyone else having problems with the app today? Keep getting "Couldn't process the request" error. The card opens but the app won't show anything else.
Yeah was like that for me at around 2pm, got no scratcher after my purchase and after coming out of the app I couldn't log back in.
On the plus side it's back now, and I got 2 scratchers, oxo cubes and malted milk
19-10-2020, 19:29   #1408
messrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanadMan View Post
Same for me, couldnt get access to the app at all
19-10-2020, 20:14   #1409
/\/ollog

Send a message via AIM to /\/ollog Send a message via Skype™ to /\/ollog
They added diet coke to the 2 euro off qpon btw, works out more expensive per can than full sugar
19-10-2020, 23:00   #1410
FanadMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Frisky View Post
Yeah was like that for me at around 2pm, got no scratcher after my purchase and after coming out of the app I couldn't log back in.
On the plus side it's back now, and I got 2 scratchers, oxo cubes and malted milk
It opened properly for me a few hours later and my digital receipt was there. Only got one scratcher though, for the malted milk.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion