Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

LIDL plus app

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Cookiee

zell12 wrote: »
    Cannot see the terms for that Golden Trolley scratch. anyone find them?
    A6oWxer.png

I don't see anything about that either, perhaps contact Lidl on their customer service channels and ask

• Registered Users Posts: 22,705 ✭✭✭✭zell12

I know!
    What if you have no trolley, but a basket, or one item, or just scanning to get a free scratch win? Is it dependent on the shopping monetary value? Why trolley and not box or handful? Does it mean you win your shopping there and then or we have to leave the shop, scratch the coupon, and then win a golden trolley? Will the trolley be made of gold? 'Hundreds of winners weekly' over four weeks indicates minimum 800+ winners over the promotion..
    so many questions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Marhay70

I know!
    What if you have no trolley, but a basket, or one item, or just scanning to get a free scratch win? Is it dependent on the shopping monetary value? Why trolley and not box or handful? Does it mean you win your shopping there and then or we have to leave the shop, scratch the coupon, and then win a golden trolley? Will the trolley be made of gold? 'Hundreds of winners weekly' over four weeks indicates minimum 800+ winners over the promotion..
    so many questions

Agree, more questions than people who give a fcuk.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭Nollog

I know!
    so many questions

You get a qpon to the value of your shopping to use next time.
    So if you're buying a mars bar it'll be 99 cent off of your next shop :pac:

Voucher for the juice didn't come off today, and I won't be going back this evening and it expires today of course. So I texted Lidl on whatsapp and going to see if they can help me! It's only a few cents but annoying when the app doesn't work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭oneweb

Anyone else getting "We are currently experiencing unusually high demand. Please wait a few moments and try again." When trying to log in?

This app is more hassle than it's worth.

It is what it's.

50c off on scratchcard
    Saw pitta bread, shampoo, tomato puree on offer stand

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

I won the golden trolley on my app this morning.. I bought a lawnmower for €54.99 and got a coupon for the same value.. Expires in 14 days.. Coincidentally it is my birthday ðŸ˜

tenor.gifkTMngX98c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Frank_1969 wrote: »
    I won the golden trolley on my app this morning.. I bought a lawnmower for €54.99 and got a coupon for the same value.. Expires in 14 days.. Coincidentally it is my birthday ðŸ˜

Congratulations (and happy birthday)!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭PopTarts

50c off on scratchcard
    Saw pitta bread, shampoo, tomato puree on offer stand

There was Jaffa cakes and those sour bear sweets in mine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭scotchy

Frank_1969 wrote: »

DOK-oDeU8AEKS-2.jpg

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

Jaffa Cakes or Sour Bears on the scratch card

Cookiee wrote: »
    Voucher for the juice didn't come off today, and I won't be going back this evening and it expires today of course. So I texted Lidl on whatsapp and going to see if they can help me! It's only a few cents but annoying when the app doesn't work

They gave me a 1€ voucher for the error :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

A couple of times in paat month the app hasn't reduced the shopping bill. It seems to work as normal bit has no impact on the receipt. Messaged customer service so hopefully get a €5 voucher
    Anyway the till woman showed me that when it's playing up you can't deactivate an offer, and then reactivate.... You get an error. So I'll probably check this before i head to shop now, as to fix the error you've to uninstall and reinstall. It's annoying but better than getting no reductions when buying random stuff as it's free!

Scratch cards this week

50c off
    Jaffa Cakes or Sour Bears
    Tinned Tomato Purée or Family Shampoo

01/07
    DMKvRBa.png

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

50c off and no Golden Trolley today

Is that Fin Carre Kingsize chocolate nice? How much is it normally?

Lidl also have this app offer upcoming
    €50.25/kg chocolate? That means 180g is ~€9 :eek: :eek::eek:
    eaOvIFy.png

It's very nice chocolate (fab is the way to go milk choc with salted caramel) but the usual price for 180g is 2 euro so not sure on that pricing you mentioned.

To be clear I'd say the leaflets maths is wrong :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭jeffk

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I wonder are people losing interest in the app if they are doing golden trolley and now exclusive items
    I rarely scan it anymore tbh the scratch card offerings aren’t great and the treats haven’t been anything I would buy lately

It was GREAT when this thread started, was in its Beta stage then AKA staff only, get the buzz out etc

Now its PLASTERED everywhere, its own end in most shops, or big lidl plus signs to show you the offers

I prefer Salmonella corner now, the amount of stuff in our freezers from it (mostly as a worker said they got BBQ stuff and weather was not good)

The golden trolley is to incentivise fuller trollies for the next month. Advertising works!
    at least scratch wins are free stuff like shampoo, tomato puree, jaffa cakes. All stuff that people buy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭gussieg

salmonella corner is not what it used to be in maynooth branch anyway, the dates are now last minute, and only 30percent off if at all. nearly went for the salmon sensation, but as it was todays date, thats a sensation i reckon i can do without , probably wouldve been the rushing to the loo sensation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

OmegaGene wrote: »
    The reduced section in mine has been bleak for a while but I did get lucky with two premium legs of lamb for €3 each instead of €30

My local one has been exceptional lately. Got 3 decent sized beef sides this evening for €4.90 instead of €46. 3 stuffed chicken thighs for 90c too. Our chest freezer is heaving with the stuff I've picked up over the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭jeffk

I am over hyping the salmonella corner and putting the stickers in with it

We need a name for the sticker section or just the stickers, cant say no to 30% off, especially when you can fill a few drawers in the freezers with the stuff (all adds up)

A lot of what I got is the red stickers, did get a load of jumbo sausages for 90c and then small pieces of ham or pork for like E2

and as for the 'bargains' on the app, 3.99 for a 500ml bottle of ev olive oil, with a euro off, still comes to 6 a litre. so 8 euro a litre is wayyy more than before. but everything is going up for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭EarWig

Well low prices were used to build market share.

Now that its built, they can raise prices and build profitability.

The trick now is to give the impression of good value while really charging high prices. Like Tesco.

The app is part of that. Its laughable in the context of the higher prices.

So the eternal cycle continues. We must await the next discounter to enter the market.

aliexpress hypermarket! selfservice checkout

EarWig wrote:
    Now that its built, they can raise prices and build profitability.

Or... You know.... The cost of everything from goods to haulage has gone up... In almost every sector of business in Ireland, due to Brexit, raw material shortages and climate change: and prices are going up in all of the chains.....

Fwiw, lidl were named cheapest supermarket in the country in the most recent survey. So unless their work appearing good value has fooled the people who conduct the same survey in all supermarkets, I will stick with Lidl knowing if I go in there for a shop it's not going to cost me nearly as much as somewhere else.

https://m.independent.ie/world-news/cost-a-lidl-less-lidl-narrowly-beats-aldi-to-be-named-cheapest-supermarket-2020-39971064.html

• Advertisement

Some of the app 'bargains' just aren't bargains. But some are decent and if you are buying them anyway you are quids in. It was the same when it was launched. I don't use it as much as I used to, but I'm still shopping in Lidl because realistically it's still the best value for most of my shops.

Advertisement