Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

LIDL plus app

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭shanec1928

• Registered Users Posts: 14,231 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Downloaded the app, followed the lengthy reg process, can't find the coupon anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Been trying to set up an account via the iOS app but haven’t received any verification text message. Have tried resending a couple of times

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Download the app to get a €5 off coupon (€25 min spend) and other perks

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lidl.eci.lidlplus

Seems to be a lot of tracking involved but thanks for the OP. Everything we do is tracked these days so signed up anyway:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭tscul32

Thanks, just signed up there and getting half price cookies this weekend :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭timetogo1

I've just signed up there now, thanks OP. Some reasonable offers on it. The €5 off is showing on the front page for me.

Just as a side note. I use another app called StoCard (I'm on Android, dunno if it's on Apple). It allows you to put all your loyalty cards into the app and it works fine in Dunnes / Tesco / Supervalue etc. I just typed the Lidl card number into the app there and it shows the same image to be scanned so it should work. I like having all the cards in one location so I never forget them.

Its handy when "sharing" cards. I have the same app on my missus phone and I don't use SuperValu much and don't have a card so I popped my mams card into my app to give her points the few times we go there.

edit: I should have noted that some older supermarket scanners won't scan from a phone screen. In those cases it only takes a sec to type in the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,845 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Got set up and got my coupon, thanks OP, a lot of other 50% off offers there aswell that I'll use.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    drop the 0 from your number ;)

Yeah I did that!

Having same problem with my wife’s android.

Wonder is it a Tesco mobile issue..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

nialldinho wrote: »
    Yeah I did that!

Having same problem with my wife’s android.

Wonder is it a Tesco mobile issue..

Same issue, android on Virgin network

Same issue, android on Virgin network

Just got 4 codes all at once over an hour later!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,392 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Where do you scan the "card"? I've never seen a scanner at the tills in Lidl, but that could be because I've never looked for one.

Also, I shop at more than one Lidl store regularly. Do I have to keep swapping "my" store in the app settings, or is that not important?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,976 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Thanks OP.
    Does anybody know of you get anything for building up the points?

Cookies for €1 from the bakery yummy lol thanks OP

Thanks OP, I signed up no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭newaccount2017

Do you scan the code yourself or do you show it to the cashier?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Do you scan the code yourself or do you show it to the cashier?

You have to sit into the cashiers seat and scan it yourself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Thanks OP some good offers under 50%. assuming its one use only...are these store specific ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,568 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thanks OP looks great.

Anyone know is alcohol excluded from the 5 off 25 euro coupon?

So just back from Lidl. There's a small scanner at the till behind the perspex screen so you have to poke your phone through the not quite big enough hole to get it to scan your card. So far so good.

However I don't understand how they're applying the coupons. I had two activated, the €5 off if you spent €25 or more and the cookies for €1 instead of €2. I spent €63 so you'd expect me to have saved €6, right? Wrong!

The one for the cookies didn't work at all, and rather than simply deducting €5 from the total bill at the end as you would assume, it applied a discount to each and every item of about 7.5%.

Total savings were €5.36 in the end.

Confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭keos

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Thanks OP looks great.

Anyone know is alcohol excluded from the 5 off 25 euro coupon?

Not excluded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Alun wrote: »
    So just back from Lidl. There's a small scanner at the till behind the perspex screen so you have to poke your phone through the not quite big enough hole to get it to scan your card. So far so good.

However I don't understand how they're applying the coupons. I had two activated, the €5 off if you spent €25 or more and the cookies for €1 instead of €2. I spent €63 so you'd expect me to have saved €6, right? Wrong!

The one for the cookies didn't work at all, and rather than simply deducting €5 from the total bill at the end as you would assume, it applied a discount to each and every item of about 7.5%.

Confused.

Same for me. No idea why they do it this way as it's very confusing :confused: Got a free snackpot with the scratchgame on the app after my purchase today. Think I'll redeem it seperately just to make sure it's free! Thanks though OP!

Ok, I've figured out that the €0.36 was the discount off the standard price of the cookies. They're normally €0.59 each, so €2.36 for four, and the packs of four are normally €2. So all those little amounts off each item did actually add up to €5 in the end. An odd way of doing it.

I just had a complete wipeout - couldn't figure out how to scan the QR code. Till guy was getting mad at it - even typed in the card number manually no dice. Then the feckingpaypoint refused my contactless payment and had to put in my card and type my PIN like some class of a savage :(

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭newaccount2017

SBS wrote: »
    I just had a complete wipeout - couldn't figure out how to scan the QR code. Till guy was getting mad at it - even typed in the card number manually no dice. Then the feckingpaypoint refused my contactless payment and had to put in my card and type my PIN like some class of a savage :(

This is why I asked earlier how do we scan this because as everyone knows- in Aldi or Lidl, they really rush you through the checkout and you have a ton of impatient shoppers breathing down your neck waiting to go next. It's stressful!!

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Confused.

Did you activate both? The app only mentions that you can't combine two monetary vouchers e.g. 0.50c off + €5 off

It says it will give an error if you try to activate two vouchers that can't be combined.

Did you activate both? The app only mentions that you can't combine two monetary vouchers e.g. 0.50c off + €5 off

It says it will give an error if you try to activate two vouchers that can't be combined.
    I did, yes, and there was no error. Can't say I saw any mention of not combining offers anywhere, but that could be it I suppose.

This is why I asked earlier how do we scan this because as everyone knows- in Aldi or Lidl, they really rush you through the checkout and you have a ton of impatient shoppers breathing down your neck waiting to go next. It's stressful!!
    As I mentioned, in my Lidl there's a hole, just about big enough to put a phone and your hand through to scan it. The scanner is quite small so maybe it's a bit picky, I don't know, but I didn't get any grief from the cashier.

Ok, I've figured out that the €0.36 was the discount off the standard price of the cookies. They're normally €0.59 each, so €2.36 for four, and the packs of four are normally €2. So all those little amounts off each item did actually add up to €5 in the end. An odd way of doing it.

4 pack of cookies is €2 I got them for €1 they always been €2 for a four pack where I live

4 pack of cookies is €2 I got them for €1 they always been €2 for a four pack where I live
    I know, but on the till receipt it always showed the full price and then applied the discount afterwards bringing it down to €2 for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,286 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

timetogo1 wrote: »
    I've just signed up there now, thanks OP. Some reasonable offers on it. The €5 off is showing on the front page for me.

Just as a side note. I use another app called StoCard (I'm on Android, dunno if it's on Apple). It allows you to put all your loyalty cards into the app and it works fine in Dunnes / Tesco / Supervalue etc. I just typed the Lidl card number into the app there and it shows the same image to be scanned so it should work. I like having all the cards in one location so I never forget them.

Its handy when "sharing" cards. I have the same app on my missus phone and I don't use SuperValu much and don't have a card so I popped my mams card into my app to give her points the few times we go there.

edit: I should have noted that some older supermarket scanners won't scan from a phone screen. In those cases it only takes a sec to type in the code.

Turn up the brightness and it usually scans successfully

Advertisement