Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-10-2020, 22:46   #3286
lud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepoet85 View Post
Did it work with the VPN?
no "..Something wrong with your payment method.."
Advertisement
22-10-2020, 08:12   #3287
blacknight83

**update renewal trick has not worked
22-10-2020, 10:23   #3288
frash

Quote:
Originally Posted by frash View Post
ok so I've renewed in Ireland for another month with an Irish credit card.

I've gone in now & changed my payment card to be my Curve card (which points to my Revolut card).
I have just cancelled my subscription.

I think what I have to do now is wait 24 hours once the sub expires on Oct 21st and then "go to Turkey" and re-start.

Fingers crossed / 3rd time lucky and all of that
THIS WORKED!!!

The trick I missed in previous attempts was to change the card I want to pay from Turkey with before I cancel my Irish sub.

Steps for anyone who is still stuck
  1. Assumes you are paying in Ireland with an Irish credit card
  2. When still an active member, change your payment method from your Irish card to a Curve card (mine is linked to my Revolut Card)
  3. Cancel your sub
  4. Wait until the day after it expires & "Go to Turkey" (I used VPNUnlimited)
  5. Restart your membership

Just paid €4.54 for the top package of 4 screens
22-10-2020, 17:35   #3289
BKWDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by frash View Post
THIS WORKED!!!

The trick I missed in previous attempts was to change the card I want to pay from Turkey with before I cancel my Irish sub.

Steps for anyone who is still stuck
  1. Assumes you are paying in Ireland with an Irish credit card
  2. When still an active member, change your payment method from your Irish card to a Curve card (mine is linked to my Revolut Card)
  3. Cancel your sub
  4. Wait until the day after it expires & "Go to Turkey" (I used VPNUnlimited)
  5. Restart your membership

Just paid €4.54 for the top package of 4 screens
You do have to pay for the first month in Ireland, yeah?
22-10-2020, 18:55   #3290
Simi

I've added an Irish phone number and cancelled my renewal. My current payment method is revolut. Will i be able to renew with a Turkish VPN or is it not going to work without using Curve?

I'm not really willing to go to the effort of setting up another banking thing tbh
Advertisement
22-10-2020, 19:07   #3291
OmegaGene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simi View Post
I've added an Irish phone number and cancelled my renewal. My current payment method is revolut. Will i be able to renew with a Turkish VPN or is it not going to work without using Curve?

I'm not really willing to go to the effort of setting up another banking thing tbh
You’re not willing to set up curve to save money on Netflix ?
You must have loads
Thanks from:
22-10-2020, 19:21   #3292
wiz569

People please do not use Revoult as your payment method, at least not directly, it doesn't work for the majority of people, if you really need to use Revoult then attach it to your Curve card and use it that way.
Thanks from:
22-10-2020, 19:25   #3293
Simi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz569 View Post
People please do not use Revoult as your payment method, at least not directly, it doesn't work for the majority of people, if you really need to use Revoult then attach it to your Curve card and use it that way.
So it won't work then? I don't have a curve card. Which means I have to go find out what it is and sign up for it
22-10-2020, 19:33   #3294
Aquos76

Quote:
So it won't work then? I don't have a curve card. Which means I have to go find out what it is and sign up for it
Curve is brilliant, pm me if you want a referral
Advertisement
22-10-2020, 19:39   #3295
wiz569

Quote:
You might be one of the very few lucky ones, but even then it might catch up with you further down the road. I just use my Irish debit card and that works fine, well at least till the card expires lol
22-10-2020, 20:04   #3296
Simi

Quote:
You might be one of the very few lucky ones, but even then it might catch up with you further down the road. I just use my Irish debit card and that works fine, well at least till the card expires lol
Well I've now signed up to Curve and it won't let me add my revolut card. So I'm just going to try revolut and now I have a curve card I don't want
22-10-2020, 20:10   #3297
wiz569

Quote:
Well I've now signed up to Curve and it won't let me add my revolut card. So I'm just going to try revolut and now I have a curve card I don't want
Well the Curve card didn't cost you anything but it should work, a couple of guys here are using it that way, why not just use your normal debit card? Or add that to Curve?
22-10-2020, 20:35   #3298
Simi

Quote:
Well the Curve card didn't cost you anything but it should work, a couple of guys here are using it that way, why not just use your normal debit card? Or add that to Curve?
Ok that's working now. The curve app is incredibly buggy, I had to uninstall and reinstall the app to get it out of the 'add a card' loop it was stuck in.

So I've added curve as a payment method to Netflix. Should I cancel Netflix now and then renew 24hrs after renewal? Renewal is at midnight.
Thanks from:
22-10-2020, 20:43   #3299
Quackster

Mod: Kerry, ZTest
Quote:
Add your regular credit or debit card to Curve. You don't need to have Revolut linked to it. Curve will do the FX conversion anyway and give the same rate you would have got with Revolut.
22-10-2020, 20:53   #3300
wiz569

Quote:
Ok that's working now. The curve app is incredibly buggy, I had to uninstall and reinstall the app to get it out of the 'add a card' loop it was stuck in.

So I've added curve as a payment method to Netflix. Should I cancel Netflix now and then renew 24hrs after renewal? Renewal is at midnight.
Yes cancel now if its due to renew tonight, then use a vpn tomorrow sometime to restart your membership
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion