Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-10-2020, 20:46   #3271
bromley52

Quote:
Originally Posted by odddavey View Post
Nooooooooooo, I accepted to remove my revolut card, said there was suspicious activity. Now won't accept my new revolut. What can I do?
Listen to some Daniel O' Donnell.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
18-10-2020, 22:31   #3272
okidoki987

Quote:
Originally Posted by bromley52 View Post
Listen to some Daniel O' Donnell.
It's never going to get that bad, is it?
19-10-2020, 07:56   #3273
frash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danmj View Post
Ya switched yesterday €4.53 for 4k
What card did you use?
19-10-2020, 08:56   #3274
Danmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by frash View Post
What card did you use?
Originally had to use aib card when I signed up to Irish Netflix as it wouldn't let me use revolut but went onto chat and got them to change to revolut card before I signed up to turkey
19-10-2020, 20:55   #3275
Heighway61

Read most of the thread but not all of it. What's the best way for me to go?

Currrently paying via vouchers. No payment details entered on the acc. Vouchers run out on Nov 6.

Is there any way to use an Irish card and still get a foreign sub?
Advertisement
19-10-2020, 22:22   #3276
odddavey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heighway61 View Post
Read most of the thread but not all of it. What's the best way for me to go?

Currrently paying via vouchers. No payment details entered on the acc. Vouchers run out on Nov 6.

Is there any way to use an Irish card and still get a foreign sub?
I would say no, I have a sub through Argentina. Stupidly agreed to the fraudulent activity on the revolut, didn't realise the card would be cancelled. Tried to use the new card, denied payment. Tried to use the Mrs revolut, denied. Used an aib card, denied. Then got on to Netflix chat, they wouldn't approve revolut as a payment. Told me to use a local Argentinian card. In the end they unlocked my account so I can sort out payment. Due to expire next Monday.
Thanks from:
19-10-2020, 22:53   #3277
Heighway61

Quote:
Originally Posted by odddavey View Post
I would say no, I have a sub through Argentina. Stupidly agreed to the fraudulent activity on the revolut, didn't realise the card would be cancelled. Tried to use the new card, denied payment. Tried to use the Mrs revolut, denied. Used an aib card, denied. Then got on to Netflix chat, they wouldn't approve revolut as a payment. Told me to use a local Argentinian card. In the end they unlocked my account so I can sort out payment. Due to expire next Monday.
A lot of faffing about now, for most. Looks like it might just be handier to pay the €15.
20-10-2020, 01:19   #3278
dodzy

Quote:
A lot of faffing about now, for most. Looks like it might just be handier to pay the €15.
Of course it'd be handier....but where's the fun and sense of achievement in that? For those like me that unfortunately had to change / update payment card on an active Turkish sub and found themselves screwed, Turkish Netflix vouchers might be an option

(50TL / 100TL) denominations
21-10-2020, 12:52   #3279
pathogan2008

Thanks OP and @dulpit in post #1963.

I took out a new standard Irish sub early last month. Netflix upgraded to full package for a month for free. Added mobile number. Used Curve and Revolut to pay. Then cancelled it.

Moved to South America over the weekend :-)
Renewed yesterday using tor and ExitNodes. Very straightforward. All working fine.

I'm not an expert on VPNs. I tried playing with around with Hola in Chrome and a few other free VPNs first, but wasn't convinced my IP address was showing up correctly when checked with whatsmyip etc., so didn't go to renew on Netflix.com using this route.

Thanks again. Will be interesting to see how long this lasts.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
21-10-2020, 16:50   #3280
blacknight83

My sub expires at midnight, is it advised to wait a full 24 hours before connecting VPN and attempting to renew ?
21-10-2020, 16:53   #3281
stefanovich

Quote:
Yeah but Netflix is totally not worth paying 15 euros for
21-10-2020, 19:52   #3282
lud

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight83 View Post
My sub expires at midnight, is it advised to wait a full 24 hours before connecting VPN and attempting to renew ?
mine expired on the 19th and just tried to renew it now, unsuccessfully. kept original payment method revolut virtual card I used to pay for the 1st subscription. Tried from mobile and browsers after clearing cache and cookies, all from Tr location
21-10-2020, 20:03   #3283
blacknight83

Quote:
Originally Posted by lud View Post
mine expired on the 19th and just tried to renew it now, unsuccessfully. kept original payment method revolut virtual card I used to pay for the 1st subscription. Tried from mobile and browsers after clearing cache and cookies, all from Tr location
Can I ask what vpn provider you are using
21-10-2020, 20:12   #3284
lud

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight83 View Post
Can I ask what vpn provider you are using
https://touchvpn.net/ for mobile
Free VPN extension for Brave browser, desktop (it is acting up when surfing)
Tor Browser, desktop (works nicely with Exit Nodes generally)

At this point I'm thinking it's the revolut card. I used the same card initially when I tried to create new Netflix account straight from Tr and it failed. Not sure if they track all attempts of payments + locations
21-10-2020, 21:51   #3285
Thepoet85

Quote:
Originally Posted by lud View Post
Did it work with the VPN?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion