Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-12-2017, 08:15   #541
beanian

Anyone ever get an "Unstable battery voltage, please be carful" error upon starting their quad? Got a new battery from tomtop and I get this message. Looking at the cell info I can see one cell is lower then the others and highlighted in red
Advertisement
28-12-2017, 08:20   #542
tedpan

Mod: Drones
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanian
Anyone ever get an "Unstable battery voltage, please be carful" error upon starting their quad? Got a new battery from tomtop and I get this message. Looking at the cell info I can see one cell is lower then the others and highlighted in red
Never had that before.. Is the new battery fully charged?
28-12-2017, 10:12   #543
beanian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedpan View Post
Never had that before.. Is the new battery fully charged?
Yeah, I tried discharging it and it eventually balanced out but when I charged it again it happened again

Last edited by beanian; 28-12-2017 at 10:20.
28-12-2017, 10:27   #544
RonTon

Cheers for the advice fellas.
its snowing here in north Cork so my chances of finding it are slim today unfortunately .
I’ll call to all the houses on the flight path I think it was on and hopefully I’ll get lucky ...
I’ve roped in 2 unwilling family member for the adventure
Bloody thing could be anywhere..
I wonder can I buy the drone without the controller do any of ye know?
Thanks from:
28-12-2017, 10:50   #545
tedpan

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanian
Yeah, I tried discharging it and it eventually balanced out but when I charged it again it happened again
That's weird I'd be on to tomtop for a DOA replacement as it seems to be faulty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonTon
Cheers for the advice fellas. its snowing here in north Cork so my chances of finding it are slim today unfortunately . I’ll call to all the houses on the flight path I think it was on and hopefully I’ll get lucky ... I’ve roped in 2 unwilling family member for the adventure Bloody thing could be anywhere.. I wonder can I buy the drone without the controller do any of ye know?
I think you're best buying the full drone again. You can then sell the battery, controller and charger to get half your money back, or more if you're lucky!

Unfortunately its the most cost effective option.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
28-12-2017, 14:04   #546
JabbaTheHut

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonTon View Post
I went out just as it was getting dark looking for the lights but no joy , hopefully will have better luck tomorrow with a couple of extra bodies giving a hand ...
I looked thru the settings and it looks like the setting for the Chinese gps adjustment might have been turned on ,so when it lost connection the RTH activated but home was somewhere else .
That’s the only thing I can think of and even at that I’m not sure was that on/off ..
Balls x 2

And if I do find it ,will the frosty night wreck it
Any luck with finding the drone? I reckon the frost won't do it any good any. It's the moisture in the air that'll affect it. The cold itself probably won't do it any harm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eringobragh View Post
Since Nov 12th
It's a while alright. With Christmas being over, perhaps things might free up on the shipping front. This time last year it took more than 2 months for stuff from China to arrive. The tracking number for me meant nothing until the day of delivery.
Thanks from:
28-12-2017, 14:19   #547
RonTon

[QUOTE=JabbaTheHut;105664773]Any luck with finding the drone? I reckon the frost won't do it any good any. It's the moisture in the air that'll affect it. The cold itself probably won't do it any harm.

No luck unfortunately,was out for best part of 3 hours in the snow ,covered a lot of ground ,only hope now will be a farmer/neighbor will find it ....

I’ve the bug now for a drone so will definitely get another if this one doesn’t turn up
(2) thanks from:
28-12-2017, 14:47   #548
tedpan

Hope it shows up mate. I definitely think it's in a tree, don't forget to look up too!
Thanks from:
28-12-2017, 15:27   #549
JabbaTheHut

[QUOTE=RonTon;105664864]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaTheHut View Post
Any luck with finding the drone? I reckon the frost won't do it any good any. It's the moisture in the air that'll affect it. The cold itself probably won't do it any harm.

No luck unfortunately,was out for best part of 3 hours in the snow ,covered a lot of ground ,only hope now will be a farmer/neighbor will find it ....

I’ve the bug now for a drone so will definitely get another if this one doesn’t turn up
A buddy of mine has a DJI Mavic pro. He says that it has a gps setting on it that gives it's trajectory when flying, and shows it's history. I wonder is there something in the Xiaomi app that could show you it's last known position that could help narrow down the search area?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
28-12-2017, 15:53   #550
RonTon

[QUOTE=JabbaTheHut;105665256]
Quote:
A buddy of mine has a DJI Mavic pro. He says that it has a gps setting on it that gives it's trajectory when flying, and shows it's history. I wonder is there something in the Xiaomi app that could show you it's last known position that could help narrow down the search area?
Nice idea but it disconnected from the controller and i could do absolutely nothing which was a right bummer ...
I could see it’s flight path on the app but it wasn’t much good to me as it was pretty much over my head when it disconnected but at a good height , it picked up speed and zipped away from me ,the sun was right in my eyes and was v difficult to see ,i lost sight of it pretty quick , I presume it was in RTH mode but where home was wasn’t where it took off from unfortunately.
I’m still gutted but I made a good attempt to retrieve it but no joy

When I get another drone I’m going to put my phone number on it and look into maybe sticking one of those gps trackers you get for lost keys to it ,probably would work
28-12-2017, 15:55   #551
RonTon

I see a dji spark mini on another bargain chat ,anyone know about that one?
28-12-2017, 16:22   #552
tedpan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonTon
I see a dji spark mini on another bargain chat ,anyone know about that one?
Decent little drone, you do need to buy the combo which includes the remote otherwise you can't fly further than 100metres. It flies well and takes awesome shots for its size. 1080p is the max resolution, although that does suit most people.

Usually it's double the price of the mi Drone, what's the current offer?
28-12-2017, 16:46   #553
Skippy along

Quote:
Cheers for the advice fellas.
its snowing here in north Cork so my chances of finding it are slim today unfortunately .
I’ll call to all the houses on the flight path I think it was on and hopefully I’ll get lucky ...
I’ve roped in 2 unwilling family member for the adventure
Bloody thing could be anywhere..
I wonder can I buy the drone without the controller do any of ye know?
Hi
I see your in the North Cork area I'm in mallow and have a drone maybe I can help?
Thanks from:
28-12-2017, 17:47   #554
RonTon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy along View Post
Hi
I see your in the North Cork area I'm in mallow and have a drone maybe I can help?
That’s where I am
Cheers for the offer Skippy, I’ve walked every field where I thought it could be but no joy ,the bloody thing could be anywhere .
I really do appreciate the offer tho
28-12-2017, 19:15   #555
Skippy along

Well I'm off for a few days it's no bother at all .. Yeah with the snow today no chance of finding it... you'd cover a lot of ground in 20 minutes with a drone.
Offer still stands anyway
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion