Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-10-2020, 17:34   #2101
Silent Running

What kind of questions are asked in the drone competency test? Anyone completed it?
Advertisement
24-10-2020, 18:23   #2102
Kenny Logins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Running View Post
What kind of questions are asked in the drone competency test? Anyone completed it?
There's a video you have to watch before the questions about the regulations and you can go back over questions you don't get correct until you do.
I got 38 out of 40 on the first go, so isn't too difficult IMHO.
(2) thanks from:
24-10-2020, 19:49   #2103
irishgeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganIRL View Post
Does the fimi emite a signal that can be tracked? I appreciate if Drone registered and the drone were to crash in a red zone it can be traced back.
its hard coded not to fly into red zones, so i guess if its people complain about your flying.
(2) thanks from:
25-10-2020, 10:06   #2104
MarkY91

The FIMI I ordered isn't much of a bargain compared to my friends mavic mini for not a lot more in price considering he got 3 batteries and a charging dock for them.

A comparison video also showed a much much better video compared to the FIMI

https://youtu.be/IhWSgPCabnI
Thanks from:
25-10-2020, 14:46   #2105
Kenny Logins

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkY91 View Post
The FIMI I ordered isn't much of a bargain compared to my friends mavic mini for not a lot more in price considering he got 3 batteries and a charging dock for them.

A comparison video also showed a much much better video compared to the FIMI

https://youtu.be/IhWSgPCabnI
The FIMI has has some firmware updates since that video was posted. One corrected the slight magenta cast you can see in the video. There were other video updates but I'm not sure about the details.

Look for a more recent comparison.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
30-10-2020, 20:49   #2106
MarkY91

My tracking page hasn't updated since the 27th for the FIMI. Itcwoidk probably have been quicker coming from China lol.

The shipment will be transported to the destination country/destination area and, from there, handed over to the delivery organization. (Homepage / online shipment tracking: https://www.anpost.com
Thanks from:
05-11-2020, 13:49   #2107
madmoe

Has anyone received a FIMI X8 SE 2020 in this sort of condition from Banggood, I am fuming to say the least!

https://youtu.be/p_LU9MXqPuk

Took an absolute age for it to come as well, was ordered from the China warehouse. I want a full refund, nothing less! I paid using PayPal.

Cheers,
M
05-11-2020, 15:44   #2108
MarkY91

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmoe View Post
Has anyone received a FIMI X8 SE 2020 in this sort of condition from Banggood, I am fuming to say the least!

Took an absolute age for it to come as well, was ordered from the China warehouse. I want a full refund, nothing less! I paid using PayPal.

Cheers,
M
Mine came the other day in grand condition. Is tjendrien damaged or just the box? If it's just the box then I would just forget about it and get flying
Thanks from:
05-11-2020, 16:08   #2109
Tweaky

Quote:

Cheers,
M
I have seen a lot of them online with banged up boxes but the drone was fine.
You have to open the box and check it really you need to look at what damage to the cardboard tray and whether or not there are marks on the inside of the box lid. That will indicate how much movement there was and whether you have an issue or not.
Just make sure to film it in case there is damage and they look for proof that it came that way
Thanks from:
Advertisement
05-11-2020, 17:31   #2110
madmoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkY91 View Post
Mine came the other day in grand condition. Is tjendrien damaged or just the box? If it's just the box then I would just forget about it and get flying
Hi all,
Thanks for the feedback.

But I paid for a sealed brand new device and that is what I expect! Not being funny like but is that not what you would expect as well? Was your seal broken as mine was in the video?

Thanks,
Mark
05-11-2020, 21:31   #2111
irishgeo

mine arrived from Spain in perfect condition. It's gone away as it's my Christmas present. Must finish the IAA training.
Thanks from:
05-11-2020, 23:11   #2112
Suckit

Quote:
Hi all,
Thanks for the feedback.

But I paid for a sealed brand new device and that is what I expect! Not being funny like but is that not what you would expect as well? Was your seal broken as mine was in the video?

Thanks,
Mark
I would definitely open a dispute, but you may have a fair bit of hassle on your hands regarding anything else.
If you had it shipped from EU warehouse, then you could argue under EU law that you want to return it. But if it is just the box that got damaged in the post, then it might not be worth fighting any harder.
With a dispute open and talking to them they will likely offer a partial refund and/or discounts on some other items.
If you do not want to accept that, you may be asked to send the drone back (to China) to get your refund.
That is a serious hassle unless you argue the EU warehouse - EU law side of things, but still may drag out for a while.
However, you may also have ticked insurance on the item at checkout, in which case I would say they will sort you out fairly quickly.
05-11-2020, 23:21   #2113
madmoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgeo View Post
mine arrived from Spain in perfect condition. It's gone away as it's my Christmas present. Must finish the IAA training.
The fee is gone up to €30 since November 1st :-(
05-11-2020, 23:26   #2114
madmoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suckit View Post
I would definitely open a dispute, but you may have a fair bit of hassle on your hands regarding anything else.
If you had it shipped from EU warehouse, then you could argue under EU law that you want to return it. But if it is just the box that got damaged in the post, then it might not be worth fighting any harder.
With a dispute open and talking to them they will likely offer a partial refund and/or discounts on some other items.
If you do not want to accept that, you may be asked to send the drone back (to China) to get your refund.
That is a serious hassle unless you argue the EU warehouse - EU law side of things, but still may drag out for a while.
However, you may also have ticked insurance on the item at checkout, in which case I would say they will sort you out fairly quickly.
I didn't go for the insurance.

My issue is not so much about the dings and dangs on the box but the blatant cut of the seal and then trying to cover it over with Sellotape!! I am not prepared to accept that it was opened by someone else and they did God knows what to the drone inside! It was cut with a knife or something sharp, plain to see from the way it was cut.

I wouldn't mind but a friend got one from them, took way less time to deliver and his seal was fully intact!?

Should I open a dispute with PayPal as well as soon as possible or wait for Bnaggood to come back?

Thanks for all the advice by the way.

M
05-11-2020, 23:50   #2115
Suckit

I would open a dispute with banggood first. It may have been customs that opened it by the way. Were there any stickers on it?
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion