Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-10-2020, 14:58   #2071
madmoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkY91 View Post
Everyone seems to have a landing pad on YouTube. What price did you get charged? I got charged €328.26 using Revolut.

Been up until 4am watching videos of the drone haha. Some guy in Hawaii travelled the full 5km that they advertise it can do. Absolute madness.
WOW! Fair play to him, I would not have the balls to go that far! You did very well at that price. I got it for €366 and have over €20 coming back to me from TopCashBack.

Cheers,
M
Advertisement
22-10-2020, 15:00   #2072
MarkY91

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmoe View Post
WOW! Fair play to him, I would not have the balls to go that far! You did very well at that price. I got it for €366 and have over €20 coming back to me from TopCashBack.

Cheers,
M
He was on top of a mountain with no barriers so he just did a beeline toward the ocean. Camera lost signal at the end for a bit and then odd stuttering but he was very impressed.

How far would you fly it before you would start to feel uncomfortable?
Thanks from:
22-10-2020, 15:24   #2073
Silent Running

Quote:

Cheers,
M
This for the X8 SE 2020? I'm sure I watched videos of the thing going over 8km out.
Thanks from:
22-10-2020, 15:36   #2074
madmoe

Quote:
He was on top of a mountain with no barriers so he just did a beeline toward the ocean. Camera lost signal at the end for a bit and then odd stuttering but he was very impressed.

How far would you fly it before you would start to feel uncomfortable?
I'm an amateur to all this mate so not very far at all at all. Got a Tello a while back as a delayed Xmas present and the very very first time I used it the wind took it far from me. I was petrified and I thought I'd lost it for sure! Great little drone but not suitable at all at all if there is any sort of wind!!

Cheers,
M
22-10-2020, 16:49   #2075
Suckit

Quote:
Everyone seems to have a landing pad on YouTube. What price did you get charged? I got charged €328.26 using Revolut.

Been up until 4am watching videos of the drone haha. Some guy in Hawaii travelled the full 5km that they advertise it can do. Absolute madness.

Landing pad is very handy to stop dirt/grit flying up into the camera or propellors and damaging them.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
22-10-2020, 17:47   #2076
Debub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Logins View Post
Was that through IAA or MySRS? Did you have register a drone model and serial number?

I just registered IAA MySRS portal - takes a few minutes as you need to upload a PDF of your identity and sign a PDF declaration and upload and then pay the €5.00. Also need to get a 2 factor authentication app on your phone to be able to proceed with the application. You immediately get a UAS Operator Registration Number, says that you are supposed to stick it on the drone in a way that its readable normally when on the ground. I bought a SG906 Beast Pro drone for practice for the moment before I get a good one.
(2) thanks from:
22-10-2020, 17:51   #2077
MarkY91

Quote:
I'm an amateur to all this mate so not very far at all at all. Got a Tello a while back as a delayed Xmas present and the very very first time I used it the wind took it far from me. I was petrified and I thought I'd lost it for sure! Great little drone but not suitable at all at all if there is any sort of wind!!

Cheers,
M
I got the tello yesterday. Was fairly stable in my back garden yesterday. Tried it in Howth today and the thing just flew into the air then off into one direction. I'm lucky to have found it lol but it's perfect to test the waters of the drone world. It's definitely the reason why I decided to invest in a proper drone.

I cannot wait for my new drone to arrive. I feel like a kid counting down the days to Christmas.
Thanks from:
22-10-2020, 18:04   #2078
madmoe

Quote:
I got the tello yesterday. Was fairly stable in my back garden yesterday. Tried it in Howth today and the thing just flew into the air then off into one direction. I'm lucky to have found it lol but it's perfect to test the waters of the drone world. It's definitely the reason why I decided to invest in a proper drone.

I cannot wait for my new drone to arrive. I feel like a kid counting down the days to Christmas.
100% the same thing happened with me when I had the Tello, wind just brings it away so my advice to keep it very very low if it's windy at all.

I'll be breaking out the FIMI this coming weekend, excited.com!

Cheers,
M
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200907_154226.jpg (3.01 MB, 56 views)
Thanks from:
22-10-2020, 18:08   #2079
Jackobyte

Quote:
BTW - IAA Registration is €5 at the moment but this will go up to €30 at the end of next month

https://www.iaa.ie/general-aviation/...r-registration
I went through this and registered my drone on https://iaa.asset-international.com/ when I got it based on their directions at the time. I checked out and they charged me the 5 euro but never marked my drone registration as paid and haven't replied to my emails about it.

What does your registered and paid drone look like in mySRS in ISS? It seems like I don't actually have a mySRS account from my registration and AssetInternational seems to be a dead link now

Last edited by Jackobyte; 22-10-2020 at 18:23.
Advertisement
22-10-2020, 18:19   #2080
madmoe

Quote:
Was that through IAA or MySRS? Did you have register a drone model and serial number?
What's the difference guys? Which should I use?

Thanks,
M
22-10-2020, 18:21   #2081
MarkY91

Quote:

Thanks,
M
Tried registering with MySRS but I can't verify my email. I gave up.
Thanks from:
22-10-2020, 18:39   #2082
Kenny Logins

Quote:

Thanks,
M
You've no choice - it used to be done on the main IAA website but now they have a dedicated portal/dashboard called MySRS.
Thanks from:
22-10-2020, 22:12   #2083
irishgeo

Quote:
Tried registering with MySRS but I can't verify my email. I gave up.
the button doesnt work, but copying and pasting the link below it does for me anyway.

My drone is due next week but its going away as its my christmas present.

trying to get registered though for the 5 euro offer, it is this link i sue to register, Unmanned Aircraft System - Operator Registration.

Whats the online training about?

Last edited by irishgeo; 22-10-2020 at 22:17.
(2) thanks from:
22-10-2020, 22:51   #2084
MarkY91

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgeo View Post
the button doesnt work, but copying and pasting the link below it does for me anyway.

My drone is due next week but its going away as its my christmas present.

trying to get registered though for the 5 euro offer, it is this link i sue to register, Unmanned Aircraft System - Operator Registration.

Whats the online training about?
Both just bring me to the same login page. Which I can't login to. Anyone Chad better luck o na laptop instead of a phone?
Thanks from:
22-10-2020, 23:17   #2085
madmoe

I'll try tomorrow and post here guys about how I get on.

Cheers,
M

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion