Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-09-2020, 07:58   #2026
Silent Running

My experience buying this drone speaks volumes for Banggood customer service.

I paid on the 22nd of April. There was a long wait which I don't blame Banggood for. The package was shipped in July and a coupon for props for $1 was made available, Fine so far.

The drone went missing in the UK on the 22nd of July. Very much Banggood's fault, they choose the courier and interact directly with them.

Banggood wouldn't even talk to me until the package was missing for 40 days. They eventually agreed to resend. and it arrived just over a week later, on the 10th of September.

Having the drone In hand, I went to purchase the props using the coupon, only to find that it had expired. I asked Banggood to honour the coupon because of the delay due to the loss in delivery, which wasn't my fault. They refused point blank.

I think most reasonable people would see that as poor customer service, first refusing contact for 40 days, then offering no goodwill whatsoever.

I'll still buy stuff from China, but my money is unlikely to end up in the hands of Babggood.

I find Tomtop good for stuff. I have never had any problems with them, and they are often cheaper than Banggood.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
20-09-2020, 20:19   #2027
mawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibrahimovic View Post
i've the original one in the first post, only used it once. How much would they sell for now?
Not sure but my da has killed his two batteries if you have interest in selling yours?
20-09-2020, 20:33   #2028
MorganIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawk View Post
Not sure but my da has killed his two batteries if you have interest in selling yours?

How can u kill batteries?
20-09-2020, 20:49   #2029
tedpan

Mod: Drones
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganIRL
How can u kill batteries?

Overuse or charging them to100%, not using them for weeks or months, then charging them again seem to be the most common reasons.
(2) thanks from:
21-09-2020, 07:34   #2030
Silent Running

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedpan View Post
Overuse or charging them to100%, not using them for weeks or months, then charging them again seem to be the most common reasons.
Yup, that'll do it. Lithium batteries don't like sitting for any length of time at over 80% or anything below 20% charge. I unplug the drone battery from the charger when the last light starts flashing, and only fully charge it just before I use it in the drone.

Any lithium batteries I own never sit for a long time above 70%... including the one powering my car.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
25-09-2020, 09:21   #2031
Kenny Logins

Has anyone bought the Fimi X8 from the "official" store on AliExpress?

They quoted really short delivery times from the EU warehouse (great!), but after buying I find out that the processing time is allowing 16 days.
(2) thanks from:
25-09-2020, 10:11   #2032
Tazium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Logins View Post
Has anyone bought the Fimi X8 from the "official" store on AliExpress?

They quoted really short delivery times from the EU warehouse (great!), but after buying I find out that the processing time is allowing 16 days.
My experience soured for the very same reason. I lost interest in having a drone and have a dispute open I won’t win but pushing it as much as possible. Claimed stock was vapour, they bombarded me with requests to extend processing time or cancel using change of mind. I didn’t do either knowing AliExpress would refund when they couldn’t ship. On the last day they created a shipping manifest and it took another 11 days before it was shipped.

It arrived safely but remained unopened and I sold it same day for what I paid. Interestingly they want me to return it for a refund but want me to post it to China despite it coming from Spain.

Good luck!
(2) thanks from:
25-09-2020, 10:49   #2033
Kenny Logins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazium View Post
My experience soured for the very same reason. I lost interest in having a drone and have a dispute open I won’t win but pushing it as much as possible. Claimed stock was vapour, they bombarded me with requests to extend processing time or cancel using change of mind. I didn’t do either knowing AliExpress would refund when they couldn’t ship. On the last day they created a shipping manifest and it took another 11 days before it was shipped.

It arrived safely but remained unopened and I sold it same day for what I paid. Interestingly they want me to return it for a refund but want me to post it to China despite it coming from Spain.

Good luck!
Ah Sh!te. I should have gone for Banggood instead but I thought it might be better to buy direct.
Thanks from:
27-09-2020, 17:23   #2034
NUTZZ

A quick edit of my first proper day out with the Fimi X8 SE 2020. A pretty windy day and it handled very well.

Advertisement
28-09-2020, 08:38   #2035
tedpan

Mod: Drones
Quote:
Originally Posted by NUTZZ View Post
A quick edit of my first proper day out with the Fimi X8 SE 2020. A pretty windy day and it handled very well.

Very nice! Not sure if realised but there's a Boards Drone forum. You can share footage here. Feel free to start new discussions, share experiences or post questions on anything drone related
(3) thanks from:
01-10-2020, 10:35   #2036
Kenny Logins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazium View Post

Good luck!
I cancelled the AliExpress order yesterday but when I checked this morning it was active again. I can see there will be some shenanigans here...

Banggood order will be delivered in under a week, as advertised.
01-10-2020, 16:12   #2037
madmoe

Quote:
I cancelled the AliExpress order yesterday but when I checked this morning it was active again. I can see there will be some shenanigans here...

Banggood order will be delivered in under a week, as advertised.
FIMI...one week from Banggood Chinese warehouse? I ordered mine weeks ago and stuck somewhere since September 24th?
01-10-2020, 16:48   #2038
Kenny Logins

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmoe View Post
FIMI...one week from Banggood Chinese warehouse? I ordered mine weeks ago and stuck somewhere since September 24th?
CZ warehouse. It was actually sent from Germany.
01-10-2020, 17:24   #2039
madmoe

Quote:
CZ warehouse. It was actually sent from Germany.

I see, does delivery cost extra when you order from CZ warehouse?
01-10-2020, 17:34   #2040
Kenny Logins

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmoe View Post
I see, does delivery cost extra when you order from CZ warehouse?
I paid €7 something for insurance on this, but generally delivery from EU is under €15.

This is the "1 week delivery" page (EU Shipping).

https://www.banggood.com/marketing-L...E&currency=EUR
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion