Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-09-2020, 16:02   #2011
Silent Running

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy_man View Post
It does have a checkout, but it didn't actually say you needed to checkout on the instructions.. Its only a fiver, so i might as well pay it..
I did. I now have my registration number and can fly above 15m. Handy if you get some grasshole giving you grief for flying "illegally".
Thanks from:
Advertisement
10-09-2020, 16:14   #2012
event

Can I ask, this thread is nearly 3 years old so are people still buying off the original link or is there an updated one now?

Original link shows €776
10-09-2020, 18:58   #2013
Silent Running

Quote:
Originally Posted by event View Post
Can I ask, this thread is nearly 3 years old so are people still buying off the original link or is there an updated one now?

Original link shows €776
It's kinda morphed into the Xiaomi/Fimi thread now. Most recently about the Fimi X8 SE 2020.
(2) thanks from:
12-09-2020, 13:14   #2014
madmoe

What's the situation with FIMI care, should I get? What does it offer? How much extra is it?

Thanks,
M
12-09-2020, 15:23   #2015
Suckit

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmoe View Post
What's the situation with FIMI care, should I get? What does it offer? How much extra is it?

Thanks,
M
It's not really essential, and comes down to how much work you are willing to do yourself for any repairs.

If you are planning on taking up flying as a hobby or as a profession etc. it is recommended that you do the repairs yourself, none are extremely difficult.

If you don't trust yourself and don't have any plans ever touching it other than to fly, then get it.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
12-09-2020, 17:35   #2016
madmoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suckit View Post
It's not really essential, and comes down to how much work you are willing to do yourself for any repairs.

If you are planning on taking up flying as a hobby or as a profession etc. it is recommended that you do the repairs yourself, none are extremely difficult.

If you don't trust yourself and don't have any plans ever touching it other than to fly, then get it.
Thanks
Thanks from:
13-09-2020, 01:09   #2017
Paddy_man

Send a message via MSN to Paddy_man Send a message via Yahoo to Paddy_man Send a message via Skype™ to Paddy_man
Batteries are back in stock from the Czech warehouse: [60,37€ 37% OFF]FIMI X8 SE RC Quadcopter Spare Parts 11.4V 4500mAh Lipo Battery RC Parts from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood
https://banggood.app.link/GmaVyJ7vJ9
13-09-2020, 12:16   #2018
ibrahimovic

i've the original one in the first post, only used it once. How much would they sell for now?
Thanks from:
13-09-2020, 15:42   #2019
MorganIRL

Looking at getting a tab for the drone. Does anyone with more tech knowledge know if this is suitable. It's not screen size I'm looking for just a tab that's capable of doing the job instead of the mobile... TIA
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200913-153939.jpg (318.8 KB, 61 views)
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-09-2020, 08:41   #2020
Tweaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganIRL View Post
Looking at getting a tab for the drone. Does anyone with more tech knowledge know if this is suitable. It's not screen size I'm looking for just a tab that's capable of doing the job instead of the mobile... TIA
A 10" tablet won't fit in the controller. Max is 8"
A few guys on the Fimi forums are using a Teclast P80X from Banggoood. and finding it good. Only about € 60 to € 70 when on special. I have it and can confirm it fits perfectly but I find the screen is not bright enough but that just may be my eyesight !!!
I'm using an Ipad mini 2 at the moment. Fits perfectly runs smoothly and screen is bright enough and no lag. Also some indications are the Fimi App runs better on IOS that android and some of the smart tracking functionalities work on IOS and won't work on Android.
(3) thanks from:
15-09-2020, 10:17   #2021
MorganIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaky View Post
A 10" tablet won't fit in the controller. Max is 8"
A few guys on the Fimi forums are using a Teclast P80X from Banggoood. and finding it good. Only about € 60 to € 70 when on special. I have it and can confirm it fits perfectly but I find the screen is not bright enough but that just may be my eyesight !!!
I'm using an Ipad mini 2 at the moment. Fits perfectly runs smoothly and screen is bright enough and no lag. Also some indications are the Fimi App runs better on IOS that android and some of the smart tracking functionalities work on IOS and won't work on Android.
Thanks Tweaky for that info. Don't wanna invest in an iPad just for the drone. I'll prob go for ur suggestion or something like it.
Thanks from:
15-09-2020, 16:39   #2022
Silent Running

Decent value for a new battery. €66 delivered, and not hostage to the awful Banggood.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...G9HXHO4G&psc=1
Thanks from:
15-09-2020, 22:37   #2023
NUTZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Running View Post
Decent value for a new battery. €66 delivered, and not hostage to the awful Banggood.

It's stlll coming from China, and with pretty shoddy business details!

Quote:
Business Name:zhongshanshihanshangyikufushiyouxiangongsi
Business Type:Privately-owned business
Trade Register Number:91442000097354322A
Business Address:
qinggangcunzhongxinbaochanglongdongsixiang
dayongzhen
zhongshanshi
CN
(3) thanks from:
15-09-2020, 22:42   #2024
NUTZZ

My extra battery arrived from Banggood China warehouse three and half weeks after ordering. It had an August production date on it, charged it up and took it out for a first test today and had no issue, just went 2.5km away and brought her back with about 30% left on it.
Thanks from:
17-09-2020, 01:16   #2025
Suckit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Running View Post

I honestly find Banggood fairly decent (*for a Chinese store*) to deal with.
The issues with the drone were obviously down to FIMI.
I have found them decent for refunds, replacements and fulfilling warranties..
I don't think I have been able to say that about any other Chinese store, including JD/Joybuy as much.
That's not to say I or others haven't had issues, but if you are aware that they don't have to honour anything and that their policies are often being taken advantage of, with claims often made against them erroneously (as happens with many stores from abroad) due to shipping errors that are no fault of theirs, you can kind of see their reasoning for their policies.
Before this post goes all internetty and people wonder why I am defending banggood... It's mostly because I have had most type of issues with them (not as unusual as you may think) and they have always found a way of coming to a mutual agreement where possible.
Other stores - which I refuse to deal with on any level, have in the past tried to keep my money and the returned items, - and not small amounts either.
I have zero association with banggood, and for the most part I find them expensive (which I put down to their customer service policies), and most of the time I can find an item just as cheap from amazon or another store that operates under EU warranty laws, but when a good quality item is needed and hard to find from the EU or as a result is priced higher, if hard to find here for the same price, I find banggood good to deal with.

I am fairly cut.
I left my neighbours an hour and a half ago and I am on my 2nd brown bear beer from Aldi since leaving, had a few there. I think I am finding out that they are fairly strong

That may have something to do with my extra long post.

Last edited by Suckit; 17-09-2020 at 01:20.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion