Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesco Bargains [Groceries]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

mean gene wrote: »
    slab of carlsberg 24 cans for 20 euro

2 Slabs for €35 now... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭CH3OH

A new 5 FOR €5 starting tomorrow until Tuesday 15th

again too many to list
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32933587&icid=ROI_GHP_1B&action=toggleProdListView_7&viewMode=list
    Usual suspects

2 L 7 up, 7 up Free, Cherry , Club orange light, Club Zero Lemon, Club Zero orange
    Pepsi Max, Pepsi Diet,Pepsi max Cherry, Cidona, TK Lemonade
    Miwadi 1L No Added Sugar Various
    Tayto C&O share bag and other flavours, Rancheros share bag, Skips
    Varous Natural confectionery Company jellies. Wine Gums, Jelly Babies
    Various Milka Chocolate bars 100 g
    Lucozade 1 L Various

My Favorite
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

Cadburys snack Sandwich, Shortcake

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Usually at the start of December they'd do 5 tubes of pringles for €5. 3 for 5 is the best it's been so far and running out of time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Patsy167

CH3OH wrote: »
    A new 5 FOR €5 starting tomorrow until Tuesday 15th

again too many to list
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32933587&icid=ROI_GHP_1B&action=toggleProdListView_7&viewMode=list
    Usual suspects

2 L 7 up, 7 up Free, Cherry , Club orange light, Club Zero Lemon, Club Zero orange
    Pepsi Max, Pepsi Diet,Pepsi max Cherry, Cidona, TK Lemonade
    Miwadi 1L No Added Sugar Various
    Tayto C&O share bag, Rancheros share bag, Skips
    Varous Natural confectionery Company jellies. Wine Gums, Jelly Babies
    Various Milka Chocolate bars 100 g
    Lucozade 1 L Various

My Favorite
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

Cadburys snack Sandwich, Shortcake

Have to wonder about the original price shown on the Cadburys snack Sandwich - €3.24! That could hardly be right, could it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Patsy167 wrote: »
    Have to wonder about the original price shown on the Cadburys snack Sandwich - €3.24! That could hardly be right, could it?

That's the correct price. That's what they sell for in supermarkets when they're not on offer. Mad money. What's even more crazy is that they sell for €1.15 individually.

Although you can normally pick them up for €2 in places like dealz and mr price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,181 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

24 x 330ml Glass bottles of Lucozade Original for €10!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭mistersifter

shocksy wrote: »
    That's the correct price. That's what they sell for in supermarkets when they're not on offer. Mad money. What's even more crazy is that they sell for €1.15 individually.

Although you can normally pick them up for €2 in places like dealz and mr price.

What's even more scandalous is the fact that the much loved purple snack is only about a third of the size it used to be.

The robbing b*stards.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

That's the correct price. That's what they sell for in supermarkets when they're not on offer. Mad money. What's even more crazy is that they sell for €1.15 individually..
    Where did you see them at this price and what were the prices of other bars for reference, like a cadbury dairy milk or cadbury caramel?

It might have been that in some oddball place like Charles de Gaul airport, but then a twix was likely 2euro or more.

What's even more scandalous is the fact that the much loved purple snack is only about a third of the size it used to be.
    Hope this is sarcasm. The bars are 22g now
    https://www.cadbury.ie/products/cadbury-snack-sandwich-14798

they were always snack size bars since I remember them from the 80s? were they really ~66g at some stage?!!!

I have no doubts they might have been bigger, but likely have shrank like nearly all bars have. But seems this might be a case of "creme egg syndrome"

They were big as ostrich eggs when I was small..., tin of quality street big as a dustbin for the price of an apple too... 120% cocoa... better than Leonidas or Lindt they used to be

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭mistersifter

rubadub wrote: »
    Where did you see them at this price and what were the prices of other bars for reference, like a cadbury dairy milk or cadbury caramel?

It might have been that in some oddball place like Charles de Gaul airport, but then a twix was likely 2euro or more.

they were always snack size bars since I remember them from the 80s? were they really ~66g at some stage?!!!

I have no doubts they might have been bigger, but likely have shrank like nearly all bars have. But seems this might be a case of "creme egg syndrome"

They were big as ostrich eggs when I was small..., tin of quality street big as a dustbin for the price of an apple too... 120% cocoa... better than Leonidas or Lindt they used to be

The purple snack used to be about the size of a small child in my day. Terrible what they've done to it.

it could be worse though. Look what they did to the pink snack - stopped makin it altogether :eek:

The purple snack used to be about the size of a small child in my day.
    :pac: phew! some are absolutely legit in these types of outlandish claims...

• Advertisement

They are that price in Tesco. Although, you can save very slightly as they form part of a 2 for €2 deal alongside some other selected cadbury bars.

They are roughly the same price of other Cadbury bars which are bigger and heavier in weight.

These are the prices in Irish supermarkets and not some "oddball" place as you suggest. Also they're exclusively available in Ireland like some other Cadbury products such as mint crisp, golden crisp etc. The UK don't even have them, so your ridiculous idea of a French airport certainly doesn't have them. I advise you to take a look at prices next time you're in a supermarket as you're clearly way behind the times.

They are that price in Tesco...

They are roughly the same price of other Cadbury bars which are bigger and heavier in weight...

I advise you to take a look at prices next time you're in a supermarket as you're clearly way behind the times.
    I will indeed! I have a keen eye for prices. I will be on the lookout for the €1.15 you claimed, no sign of it online (can you find it? could be in google cache). I see in supervalu they are 74cent. An utterly ludicrous price IMO but not nearly as mental as the €1.15 you claim.

https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/food-cupboard-chocolate-bars-cadbury-snack-sandwich-22-g-/p-1008762001

I will indeed! I have a keen eye for prices. I will be on the lookout for the €1.15 you claimed, no sign of it online (can you find it? could be in google cache). I see in supervalu they are 74cent. An utterly ludicrous price IMO but not nearly as mental as the €1.15 you claim.

https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/food-cupboard-chocolate-bars-cadbury-snack-sandwich-22-g-/p-1008762001

I'll actually be in Tesco in the morning so I'll take a photo of the chocolate display and the price tag for your reference and post it in this thread. You can then stand very much corrected. You obviously don't have as keen an eye for prices as you think. You will be even more ludicrously outraged at the price Tesco's charge when you see the proof of the price..

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

dealz sells for 2euro. but yes tesco do sell them for 3.24 and sometimes drop price to 2euro. so 5 for 5 is great value.

535765.jpg
    Tesco do sell the individual snack for a ridiculous 1.13

So at 20 cent each you would have to eat at least 2:)

Now back to the bargains

535765.jpg
    Tesco do sell the individual snack for a ridiculous 1.13

So at 20 cent each you would have to eat at least 2:)

Now back to the bargains

I was just about to upload a picture I took myself in Tesco today.

At least it's been clarified now as I was practically being called a liar by one particular poster.

Thanks for uploading your picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

I was just about to upload a picture I took myself in Tesco today.

At least it's been clarified now as I was practically being called a liar by one particular poster.

Thanks for uploading your picture.

€51 a kg! Ouch

Those 680g of rose at 3.99 (€5.8/kg are an absolute bargain in comparison

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=306811148

Mcvities Victoria Classic Biscuit Collection 600G
    535767.jpg

€5.88 for 1
    2 for 5 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

silver2020 wrote: »
    €51 a kg! Ouch

Those 680g of rose at 3.99 (€5.8/kg are an absolute bargain in comparison
    Is that offer for Roses on Tesco site? Can't see any 3.99 offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Father Frisky

Selection boxes now 4 for a fiver till Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Is that offer for Roses on Tesco site? Can't see any 3.99 offer.

its definitely in stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Tesco 6 Mince pies (in a red box) half price now 44c.

These are their basic mince pies, but they are fine with creme fraiche or custard or cream while pigging out.

I presume this is nationwide - I got 10 boxes on Saturday in Tullow. There was a display stand full of them, and a few on the shelves with the other more upmarket varieties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=306811148

Mcvities Victoria Classic Biscuit Collection 600G
    535767.jpg

€5.88 for 1
    2 for 5 euro

Thanks OP.
    Just to confuse you - there is another offer on these biscuits but the proper tin (1kg) size - 2 for €15.

The 2 for €5 are in cardboard box but work out at 1.2kg for €5 if ya don't need the tin to keep your sewing kit and buttons in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

You are 100% correct. They were €1.15. With the vat reduction they came down to €1.13

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭SheroP

Hi guys
    Can anyone point me in the direction of how to find the complete list of 5 for €5 on Tesco ??
    Regards in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

SheroP wrote: »
    Hi guys
    Can anyone point me in the direction of how to find the complete list of 5 for €5 on Tesco ??
    Regards in advance

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32933593

SheroP wrote: »
    Hi guys
    Regards in advance

if you find 1 item in any of these multi deals there is usually a clickable link

e.g. on
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=253495515

Any 5 For 5.00
    valid from tomorrow

the bold is clickable on the link and shows them all

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭SheroP

Thank you !!
    if you find 1 item in any of these multi deals there is usually a clickable link

e.g. on
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=253495515

Any 5 For 5.00
    valid from tomorrow

the bold is clickable on the link and shows them all

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭billcullen1

Toberlones only 3.20 just saw in store

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

24 x 330ml Glass bottles of Lucozade Original for €10!

Where ?

Advertisement