Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
26-10-2020, 09:24   #1
Sheep Shagger
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,928
Amazon.co.uk - early black Friday deals on now...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/events/blac...ef_=gwm_dotd_s
Sheep Shagger is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
26-10-2020, 09:26   #2
Basq
Registered User
 
Basq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 41,353
Send a message via Skype™ to Basq
Same as the lead up to Prime Day.. i.e not much of note.
Basq is offline  
26-10-2020, 11:25   #3
ThePott
Registered User
 
ThePott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,199
I'm assuming this is just a generic sale and then come 20th of November there'll be a week of Black Friday deals.
ThePott is offline  
(2) thanks from:
26-10-2020, 11:55   #4
Basq
Registered User
 
Basq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 41,353
Send a message via Skype™ to Basq
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePott View Post
I'm assuming this is just a generic sale and then come 20th of November there'll be a week of Black Friday deals.
Correct. I'd say more likely to be an extended weekend of Black Friday / Cyber Monday rather than a week. But not sure how it worked out last year.
Basq is offline  
26-10-2020, 12:26   #5
ThePott
Registered User
 
ThePott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,199
Maybe I do find it odd that the 'Early Black Friday' sale ends on the 19th when Black Friday isn't till the 27th.
ThePott is offline  
Advertisement
26-10-2020, 13:28   #6
septictank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basq View Post
Correct. I'd say more likely to be an extended weekend of Black Friday / Cyber Monday rather than a week. But not sure how it worked out last year.
The 2 weeks before Black Friday were the main sale, It did run on afterwards but with things that didn't sell well.
septictank is offline  
26-10-2020, 13:45   #7
dan786
Registered User
 
dan786's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePott View Post
Maybe I do find it odd that the 'Early Black Friday' sale ends on the 19th when Black Friday isn't till the 27th.
Thats because the Black Friday sales are for the week starting 23rd-27th and then you have Black Friday reloaded deals for 28th/29th and then Cyber Monday deals on 30th.
dan786 is offline  
Thanks from:
26-10-2020, 15:10   #8
ThePott
Registered User
 
ThePott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan786 View Post
Thats because the Black Friday sales are for the week starting 23rd-27th and then you have Black Friday reloaded deals for 28th/29th and then Cyber Monday deals on 30th.
So they stop for a few days and then start the real sale, that's weird.
I was kinda right, it is a week of sales in a way haha.
ThePott is offline  
26-10-2020, 15:22   #9
event
Registered User
 
event's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 12,068
Its gonna be two months of sales up until Christmas with maybe 1 or 2 days of actual good sales
event is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
26-10-2020, 16:57   #10
Asus X540L
Registered User
 
Asus X540L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,220
Emporio Armani swimming trunks for £11.26!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Portfolio-B...A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Only one left at that price be quick!


best free image hosting
Asus X540L is offline  
(4) thanks from:
28-10-2020, 21:07   #11
Fr_Dougal
Registered User
 
Fr_Dougal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 8,194
Be careful with Amazon, I’ve noticed a lot of goods that are Prime eligible jump in price when you switch address from PW/PM to an Irish address, and it’s not vat either. In some cases Prime delivery disappears as an option when you switch addresses.
Fr_Dougal is offline  
Thanks from:
28-10-2020, 21:27   #12
noodler
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 22,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr_Dougal View Post
Be careful with Amazon, I’ve noticed a lot of goods that are Prime eligible jump in price when you switch address from PW/PM to an Irish address, and it’s not vat either. In some cases Prime delivery disappears as an option when you switch addresses.
Well some third parties won't ship here.for.free.
noodler is offline  
Thanks from:
29-10-2020, 11:49   #13
hudsonn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 38
Amazon Smartplug for £9.99

RRP is £24.99 but there are cheaper options from other manufacturers.

Strange T&C on this, apparently the promo code will only work for selected customers!
hudsonn is offline  
Thanks from:
29-10-2020, 11:54   #14
SourSessions
Registered User
 
SourSessions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 163
Shows up 24.99 for me!
SourSessions is offline  
Thanks from:
29-10-2020, 11:59   #15
johnnykilo
Registered User
 
johnnykilo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 874
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourSessions View Post
Shows up 24.99 for me!
I presume you used the code 'SMARTPLUG'? Ordered one of these a couple of weeks back and I think the £9.99 price only appears on the very last screen before the sale goes through.
johnnykilo is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet