Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-10-2020, 00:38   #4951
Seve OB

See a good bit of action around my estate lately from KN Circet. Anyone know if they might be upgrading sitcom lines to fibre or what could they be at?
Advertisement
28-10-2020, 00:53   #4952
Sierra Oscar
Category Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seve OB View Post
See a good bit of action around my estate lately from KN Circet. Anyone know if they might be upgrading sitcom lines to fibre or what could they be at?
They were in my estate a couple of months ago doing upgrade works for Eir. Installing fibre.
Thanks from:
28-10-2020, 00:56   #4953
okidoki987

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Conductor View Post
but SIRO isn't available
Might get a better deal by mentioning Siro is currently way cheaper and see what they give you, doesn't matter if you can't get it yet .
28-10-2020, 10:44   #4954
Black_Knight
I speak fluent sarcasm

Cancelling today and was offered 500mb BB for €35 a month for 6 months (told to call back in 6 months to renegotiate) the €71 per month for the remaining 6 months. Vodafone 1Gb fiber for €40 sounds better to me. Contract ends in 2 weeks, yet to serve my 30 days notice i've been told I need to pay a €29.90 cancelation fee. Chat to the supervisor and tada! no cancelation fee.
28-10-2020, 12:13   #4955
Seve OB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra Oscar View Post
They were in my estate a couple of months ago doing upgrade works for Eir. Installing fibre.
good to hear
moved from Eir years ago because they can only offer me 4MB which was really just over 1 and a lot of the time not even that. yes you read that correct... 1MB
What is mad though and I could never understand is that I live on a housing estate green on a Dublin suburb, but out of the 4 roads surrounding the green, it is only our road who have been left in the dark ages, the 3 other roads have been on Eir fibre for years..... so I won't be holding my breath
Advertisement
28-10-2020, 12:22   #4956
CoBo55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Knight View Post
Cancelling today and was offered 500mb BB for €35 a month for 6 months (told to call back in 6 months to renegotiate) the €71 per month for the remaining 6 months. Vodafone 1Gb fiber for €40 sounds better to me. Contract ends in 2 weeks, yet to serve my 30 days notice i've been told I need to pay a €29.90 cancelation fee. Chat to the supervisor and tada! no cancelation fee.
VF seem to be suffering from bad congestion particularly in the evenings. Have you looked at other providers?
28-10-2020, 12:36   #4957
Snake Plisken

So I'm on the 240MB and home phone package with Virgin very stable and no major outages, but I know Eir Vodafone etc are offering the 1GB service on our road with Eir apparently the better service for €55 per month on a 24 month contract. I am out of contract for a few years so no problem changing, I know they might offer a speed upgrade for 7 or 9 months but don't expect them to match Eir's offer. Btw who do you ring cancellation team or sales?
28-10-2020, 12:40   #4958
Looptheloop30

1908 for cancelations
28-10-2020, 14:24   #4959
CoBo55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Plisken View Post
So I'm on the 240MB and home phone package with Virgin very stable and no major outages, but I know Eir Vodafone etc are offering the 1GB service on our road with Eir apparently the better service for €55 per month on a 24 month contract. I am out of contract for a few years so no problem changing, I know they might offer a speed upgrade for 7 or 9 months but don't expect them to match Eir's offer. Btw who do you ring cancellation team or sales?
2 years with eir? Thanks but no thanks. I didn't think 2 year contracts were allowed anymore.
Advertisement
28-10-2020, 14:37   #4960
okidoki987

Quote:
24 months is a long time to tie into one provider.
Vodafone would be way cheaper than that on a 1 year contract.
28-10-2020, 16:37   #4961
bdmc5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Knight View Post
Got SIRO from VF installed 2 weeks ago. Deal was 1GB plan for 35e a month , great deal but Internet was very underwhelming. The wireless was about the same speed as my 360 VIrgin plan I was cancelling so cancelled the VF and decided to stay with Virgin some offered 1GB for 42 for 9 months and 80e last 3 .

Definitely more expensive staying with Virgin but the broadband has been very solid and reliable . I have the SIRO infrastructure installed now so can also go back to VF down the line. Look8ng forward to 1GB from Virgin now
28-10-2020, 16:42   #4962
The_Conductor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmc5 View Post
The wireless was about the same speed as my 360 VIrgin plan I was cancelling so cancelled the VF and decided to stay with Virgin some offered 1GB for 42 for 9 months and 80e last 3
The wireless is only as good as the wifi router you're using.
It doesn't matter how fast your internet connection is- if you are relying on a wifi router using old technology- or cheap components, your connection speed will never be anything like its theoretical max. If you are relying on the wireless router from Siro or Virgin- you are short changing yourself.
(3) thanks from:
28-10-2020, 20:39   #4963
Snake Plisken

So just to clarify if I did sign up for say Eir and they run the fibre and install their equipment I have 14 days to back out of the contract with no hidden charges?
I take it they would come in via the same conduit as the old phone lines and upc use there might be a blockage as upc tried to run new co-axial up it a few years ago and hit a blockage.
Also standard junction box at side of house I would want installer to do a short run up to room above it. Take it shouldn't be an issue for them.
As for 2 years being a long contract I've been with Virgin/UPC/NTL for well over 20 years as they have been the only game in town for decent speeds up until now.
28-10-2020, 21:15   #4964
okidoki987

Quote:
As for 2 years being a long contract I've been with Virgin/UPC/NTL for well over 20 years as they have been the only game in town for decent speeds up until now.
Yeah but it is Eir .
If you don't need customer service, you'll probably be fine with Eir.
28-10-2020, 22:47   #4965
Nokia6230i

Got a new box today via Night Line; same old problems in relation to line-speed so rang 'em today & told 'em I'm cancelling after more than a decade; Vodafone can't be any worse surely?

Rang VF & they've suggested ringing back about a fortnight beforehand to confirm so I won't be without a break in service from one ISP to the other.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion