Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-11-2018, 20:00   #4231
dubrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by normakelle View Post
yes it said 30 days from november 2nd. So want to know will service be terminated on 2nd or will I have it until the third. Do you include nov 2nd. thanks
Strange. I received a cancellation notice on the day of cancelling and a specific cancellation date in a separate e-mail one day later.

My service worked for all of the stated cancellation date and cutoff sometime in the morning of the following day
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
29-11-2018, 20:02   #4232
normakelle

great thanks
29-11-2018, 21:06   #4233
scamalert

Quote:
Originally Posted by raclle View Post
So was my turn today and like everyone else given 6 months half price. I'm with them over 16 years and on the older TV and 120MB BB plan paying €79 p/m going up to €82.50 in January. They said they could upgrade me to the 240MB plan for 9 months half price but after that increasing to €94 p/m which would be an extra €11.50 on what i'm currently paying. I said no as i don't need the extra speed but if they could do it for 9 months half price on my current package i'll stay. They said no so i gave my cancellation notice hoping they'll ring back with the offer i want. At the moment they're offering new customers 240mb World Talk and Mix TV €59 for 12 months and only increasing to €89 after that. Old customers getting screwed.
move away ur bb to some of the deals going with sky vodafone and get some tv package thats mad money, one would imagine prices would drop not increase where simple bb rakes almost 600e a year now pff.
29-11-2018, 22:19   #4234
Larcoon

I'm currently with VM 240BB with home phone. my contract is up next month so i gave my 30 day notice through email yesterday.
I am paying 59p.m. I rang them today to see could they come up with a deal, they offered 44pm for six months and then changed it to nine months. I refused saying eir was cheaper still. I'd like to stay with VM. What's the best i can hope for? anyone know
29-11-2018, 22:26   #4235
AndrewJRenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larcoon View Post
I'm currently with VM 240BB with home phone. my contract is up next month so i gave my 30 day notice through email yesterday.
I am paying 59p.m. I rang them today to see could they come up with a deal, they offered 44pm for six months and then changed it to nine months. I refused saying eir was cheaper still. I'd like to stay with VM. What's the best i can hope for? anyone know
Don't assume that offer will last forever
Advertisement
29-11-2018, 23:14   #4236
eringobragh

Quote:
Just switched there myself to Eir because of VMs shitty retention offer... I got offered half for 6 months and was no budging as I availed off the 9 months off per anum over the past 4 years with them due to the yearly price hike

would have probably stayed with them if they moved to 9 even though it worked out more expensive than eir - win win for me

Ignore the headline speed they have... 100mb down is plenty for anyone and the wifi is usually the bottleneck anyway. Happy with service so far the wireless speeds match what I was getting under VM
30-11-2018, 06:08   #4237
judeboy101
Banned

Quote:
Same package as u, i got 9 months half price.
30-11-2018, 10:22   #4238
slave1

Mod: Golf, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by judeboy101 View Post
Same package as u, i got 9 months half price.
+1
05-12-2018, 10:58   #4239
BrownFinger

Just did the yearly dance.
Just finished the 9 months 1/2 price and 3 months at 89e (TV,Phone and BB) 680e for the year.
was not in the mood for it and all but got an ok deal.
6 months at 49e price and 6 months at 79e which makes 770e .
so up 100 for the year

my problem is being so close to christmas getting a new service in is a pain.Plan on moving in the next 6 months so I'll be moving somewhere that virgin doesnt have service if you know what i mean
Advertisement
05-12-2018, 14:57   #4240
scamalert

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownFinger View Post
Just did the yearly dance.
Just finished the 9 months 1/2 price and 3 months at 89e (TV,Phone and BB) 680e for the year.
was not in the mood for it and all but got an ok deal.
6 months at 49e price and 6 months at 79e which makes 770e .
so up 100 for the year

my problem is being so close to christmas getting a new service in is a pain.Plan on moving in the next 6 months so I'll be moving somewhere that virgin doesnt have service if you know what i mean
does that let you off the hook for penalty as im intrested in moving myself ?
05-12-2018, 15:54   #4241
dubrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by scamalert View Post
does that let you off the hook for penalty as im intrested in moving myself ?
No it does not.
05-12-2018, 16:16   #4242
BrownFinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubrov View Post
No it does not.
Yes it does if they can't provide service in your area.
05-12-2018, 16:43   #4243
patch

Folks, I've been offered 15 off for 6 months, bb 240mb only.
Is there a catch to moving to sky for bb and tv cheapest option?
No dish currently fitted.
Also, once sky contract is up, could I keep and use the box for freeview?
Cheers.
05-12-2018, 18:12   #4244
dubrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownFinger View Post
Yes it does if they can't provide service in your area.
I'd check that again.

Plenty of stories on boards about the cancellation fee being applied when a customer moves to an area with no service.

Here is one.

and another
Thanks from:
05-12-2018, 18:14   #4245
dubrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by patch View Post
Folks, I've been offered 15 off for 6 months, bb 240mb only.
Is there a catch to moving to sky for bb and tv cheapest option?
No dish currently fitted.
Also, once sky contract is up, could I keep and use the box for freeview?
Cheers.
The catch is that the broadband is provided in a different way so the speeds may be completely different. I'd ask Sky to give an indication of the speeds that are possible at your address.

With Sky, you own the equipment so after the 12 month contract is complete, you own the dish and box. Downside is that after 12 months they will not repair the box if there is an issue although a threat to cancel usually solves that.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion