Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-01-2018, 20:47   #3481
jca

Quote:
Originally Posted by okidoki987 View Post
True but getting more and more expensive.
Add on's like multi room another €16 a month, HD etc, it all ads up.
I've never ever paid full price to sky for any of their extras once I was out of the initial 12 month period 2009-10. A 10 minute phone call is all it takes to save substantial amounts of money with these providers. My Energia 26% discount is ending in early February I'll be on to them giving them the hustle next week.
Advertisement
23-01-2018, 09:13   #3482

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben.schlomo View Post
Ya just tell them you're nearly up, thinking of leaving as too expensive and competition are cheaper and then see how it goes. Worked for me two years in a row.
Got 6 months half price through the chat, thanks.
Thanks from:
23-01-2018, 20:57   #3483
Eire Go Brach

I had a good moan on the survey about pricing, ended up getting a call. Soke about value and moving. Got half price BB for 6 months. TV the same price. Then it all goes back to my original price. Which is still cheaper then new sign ups after there promotion ends.
23-01-2018, 22:17   #3484
Crimson King

Rang loyalty team and got 6 months half price on BB. Happy enough
24-01-2018, 09:55   #3485
Black_Knight
I speak fluent sarcasm

Got a new deal last month, and was told it would be effective immediately, and my January bill would be pro rata. I was about 2 days into my January billing period, so I was expecting to be charged €56 for 2 days (pro rata) - about €3.50 and then the rest of the 29 days charged at €28 per month (pro rata).

Nope, €56 taken from my account.
Advertisement
24-01-2018, 10:45   #3486
The_Conductor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Knight View Post
Got a new deal last month, and was told it would be effective immediately, and my January bill would be pro rata. I was about 2 days into my January billing period, so I was expecting to be charged €56 for 2 days (pro rata) - about €3.50 and then the rest of the 29 days charged at €28 per month (pro rata).

Nope, €56 taken from my account.
Got an e-mail this morning- my bill is EUR7 higher than I agreed (and whats on my contract with them).
This is nuts.
24-01-2018, 12:35   #3487
Black_Knight
I speak fluent sarcasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Conductor View Post
Got an e-mail this morning- my bill is EUR7 higher than I agreed (and whats on my contract with them).
This is nuts.
Rang them there. Change will take affect in my next bill. Not exactly what I was told when signing up, but it makes sense.

Not sure about your 7 euro though.
24-01-2018, 16:13   #3488
Sgt Pepper 64

just rang there, and initially got offered €40 for 3 months, said it was too much and that I had eire offering 6 months half price so the kind lady matched it ...€28 for broadband and phone...happy enough with that now
24-01-2018, 16:23   #3489
The_Conductor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Knight View Post
Rang them there. Change will take affect in my next bill. Not exactly what I was told when signing up, but it makes sense.

Not sure about your 7 euro though.
They're pulling the phone conversation to check what I was offered- and are to ring me back. The agent I was talking to- is no longer an employee....... (allegedly).........

Last edited by The_Conductor; 24-01-2018 at 19:36.
Advertisement
24-01-2018, 17:15   #3490
Tipsy McSwagger

Called because my 6 months was up in November and gone back to normal price. They told me they sent a letter and email back in november about the price hike which i never got either. Told me i have to wait until May for an offer.
27-01-2018, 14:41   #3491
Fistycuffs

How is it best to play this when you ring?
Will the immediately say "ok lets cancel this for you?" or try to convince you with a better deal?
What number do you call?
27-01-2018, 14:54   #3492
Elessar

I got through to the loyalty team on chat and despite arguing back and forth the best they could offer me was €40/month for 6 months then back to €55/month. Even though the offer for new customers is even better. To save the hassle of cancelling and signing up again I just took it, better than nothing.
27-01-2018, 17:07   #3493
hysenberg

I am a VM broadband customer and recently moved homes. I couldn't get it working in my new apartment so had to get a VM tech out. He replaced the outlet box on the wall(it was cable link) but said our connection was simply turned off and that was why we couldn't connect.
All was good until I tried reconnecting our Saorview channels (Rte, TV3 and tg4) but could not. The tech had set up a wire to the TV but I hadn't thought of checking at the time. I presumed he had forgot to do this but when I contacted VM they said that since they replaced the outlet box we no longer have access to Saorview channels and it's not their problem since do not pay them for tv.
Is there anything I can do to get these channels back? I am disgusted at this carry on from cm, switching the box for no reason and trying to sell me tv
27-01-2018, 17:20   #3494
brightkane
Brightane

If you have bb with virgin then just split the cable out of the outlet. That should give you the 17 odd analogue channels
Thanks from:
27-01-2018, 21:59   #3495
okidoki987

Quote:
All was good until I tried reconnecting our Saorview channels (Rte, TV3 and tg4) but could not. The tech had set up a wire to the TV but I hadn't thought of checking at the time. I presumed he had forgot to do this but when I contacted VM they said that since they replaced the outlet box we no longer have access to Saorview channels and it's not their problem since do not pay them for tv.
Same thing(ish) happened to me.
Only difference was the guy CUT the wires outside the house at the junction box completely in half and that was deliberate because I complained about my signal.
Tried do them up again but couldn't as there wasn't enough wire left to stick connectors on the ends.
As said if you have the broadband with them, you can just stick a splitter on the end.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion