Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dell Full HD 1920 x 1080 23" Monitor €186 Delivered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

iggy wrote: »
    do you have to get a soundbar or would any speakers work with that monitor?

No just plug in your speakers into the Line in.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

mad m wrote: »
    No just plug in your speakers into the Line in.

Or the line out if you want sound.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Stekelly wrote: »
    Or the line out if you want sound.:D

HA!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

jayteecork wrote: »
    Ok I ordered the extra soundbar.
    BEWARE, the one they have advertised at the side of the page(http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=ie&l=en&s=dhs&cs=iedhs1&sku=520-10703&~lt=popup) is not the correct one and you need to order the "PA" version (http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/PopupProductDetail.aspx?cs=iedhs1&l=en&c=ie&sku=520-10704#Overview)

What is the difference, why will the suggested one not work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Fergster

Los like this is now € 233.10 incl Delivery.

Did the original special incl delivery?

Cheers
    7137debd45ae4d0ab9aa953017286b20.gif

• Advertisement

I think when you go to purchase it the discounts are applied.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

dingding wrote: »
    What is the difference, why will the suggested one not work?

It's not suggested, it's on the "customers also bought". It said only for use with an ultralight monitor.

I googled just in case and apprently you need the PA version. Better to be safe than sorry.

What are Dell like for returns anyway?

DEll Returns Policy

7.3 Consumers may cancel their Orders for any reason until, but no later than:[/LEFT]
    7.3.1 the end of the 7th "working day" (days other than weekend days & public holidays) after the day of receipt of the Product &/or of the Service Order Confirmation (as applicable); or
    7.3.2 the end of the 7th working day after the date when all such information required by law is supplied.
    7.4 Consumers' right to cancel Software that is supplied on CD, DVD or other similar storage devices is also lost if the Software is unwrapped.
    7.5 On cancellation of Products Consumer is obliged to return the goods to Dell in their original condition, undamaged & at the cost of Consumer. Consumer shall take reasonable care to ensure that the goods are not damaged whilst in transit using means arranged by Consumer.
    Whilst in possession of the goods Consumer shall be under a duty to take reasonable care of them. Dell shall take action against Consumer for goods returned which have been made unfit for resale or damaged whilst in the possession of Consumer.The provisions of Clauses 7.3, 7.4 & 7.5 do not apply to Product or Software that is damaged or defective.On cancellation of the Order Dell will refund the price paid, less the direct cost of recovering the goods (when applicable), within a period.
    of 30 days from date of cancellation

The costs might not be worth it for such a low value item.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Could you provide a link Ding that's pretty much unreadable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭00sully

awesome post. was gonna pick up the dabs one too but this is defo worth the extra premium! :D

• Advertisement

jayteecork wrote: »
    Could you provide a link Ding that's pretty much unreadable.

Sorry about that. Fixed it.

BTW Mine has been shipped by interlink.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

Damn you OP. Christmas just got €186 more expensive.

Cheers, smashing find :D

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭bob123456

is it possible to order this on the UK site at €156?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭tadgh

Ordered one of these 2 days ago, but haven't yet got an order confirmation email.
    Don't want it if it isn't delivered for xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

mine should be arriving within the hour :)

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Automan

Did they ring you to let you know or was the time on the Dell order status screen? Mine has "Your order is currently with the carrier and a detailed status on your delivery should be available shortly."
    Also when did you order it?
    Let us know what you think of it when you get it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Let us know what it's like!

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Automan

Mine just got delivered now, very quick, wont be home till after 7 though to mess around with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

why must you tempt me so? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Automan wrote: »
    Did they ring you to let you know or was the time on the Dell order status screen? Mine has "Your order is currently with the carrier and a detailed status on your delivery should be available shortly."
    Also when did you order it?
    Let us know what you think of it when you get it.

DPD ? I think was the name of the courier .. gave me a buzz after 8 this morning to tell me it'd be delivered between 10 and 12 ... arrived at 12:20 :)

My screen had updated on the dell site yesterday to tell me it was with the courier
    Let us know what it's like!

Its shiny ... its very shiny ... its huge not used to 1920x1080 resolution ... have a 1650x1050 22inch benq already but thats been taken for the other machine so I needed something to hook up to my MBP ... I'm thinking its going to take a bit of getting used to this :) as my plan was to use it for work.

Black is a very nice black on it ... I've not configured any settings just yet though apart from just hooking it up asap :)

I've also only looked at an AVI on it I don't have any HD content though I think I'll download a trailer for ST or something from apple :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I'm very pleased with this - I just plugged it into my laptop and reset the resolution - works nicely.
    I'll be using it for work more than HD stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭00sully

got mine this morning - man that was fast! haven't set it up yet tho. again, great post for BA! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Must buy.....must buy.....

Guys, post up a review (games/movie playback/etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Would you need a powerful graphics card to use this at the recommended resolution ?
    I have a Ti4800 SE ,would that be too weak ?

Quick question, can you get a HDMI cable that splits into DVI for the video and an audio jack for the soundbar?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Mine just arrived (ordered on sunday). Plugged it in... Still thinking what I need it for??? most web pages are taking up one third of the screen :D:D it's a big change from my old 19" but looks pretty it's all new shiny and for that price you just can't want more ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Just ordered one 5 mins ago, thanks for this bargain alert folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭ice27

Fantastic Post! Purchased one yesterday! Thanks to original poster!

That soundbar choice is driving me crazy! In an earlier thread it says that the suggested one that shows up alongside the monitor is not the right one. Can someone clarify this again! Apparently you need the PA version of this or something! It would be good to get clarity on this?

Also I have a spare set of speakers that used to be part of the Dell 37" Widescreen TV(Dell W3707C), which can be set on their own stand etc! Can i get these to work with this monitor! The connections on these speakers seem different to you standard type of connections found on PC speakers. Any advice would be much appreciated!:)

I cracked and ordered one earlier, thanks for the link OP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I cracked too. Thanks OP (Ithink) :)

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Advertisement