Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
14-10-2020, 18:58   #1381
mary_a2020
Registered User
 
mary_a2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey_Don View Post
Stopped using this app, not worth the time or effort.

The gap in the perspex for the phone to scan is tiny. I could easily see myself clipping the plastic and phone falling from my hand.

And there's also the worry that the damn scanner will not be working after buying everything. I did my shopping, said I wanted to scan and then told it wasn't working. Another worker had to open a till and I scanned it there. Embarrassing holding everyone up for that.
You can just call out your mobile number at the till, no stress and no need for panic. Pity you've given up on it, I think it's brilliant. Bought a kettle and needed to return it but couldn't find my receipt and the girl asked if I had used Lidl Plus cos receipt be there. Genius!!!!
mary_a2020 is offline  
Advertisement
15-10-2020, 01:45   #1382
zell12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 11,107
They added Garlic 200g for 39c to the offers
zell12 is offline  
15-10-2020, 08:15   #1383
logically
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey_Don View Post
Stopped using this app, not worth the time or effort.

The gap in the perspex for the phone to scan is tiny. I could easily see myself clipping the plastic and phone falling from my hand.

And there's also the worry that the damn scanner will not be working after buying everything. I did my shopping, said I wanted to scan and then told it wasn't working. Another worker had to open a till and I scanned it there. Embarrassing holding everyone up for that.
Ditto here. Got the 5 off initially, and then used twice more for the offers. No issues with the process of scanning , but thinking about the amount of information I'm giving away for them in return for a couple of quid. I have to hand it to them though, amazing marketing when you look at the Pavlovian behaviour it's instilling .
logically is offline  
Thanks from:
15-10-2020, 08:42   #1384
pc7
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 11,023
I'm finding it glitchy this morning, trouble activating new offers, updated app, offer updates, then says not available, anyone else?
pc7 is offline  
Thanks from:
15-10-2020, 09:14   #1385
One More Toy
Registered User
 
One More Toy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by pc7 View Post
I'm finding it glitchy this morning, trouble activating new offers, updated app, offer updates, then says not available, anyone else?
Yeah it's acting the dick here too
One More Toy is offline  
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
15-10-2020, 13:44   #1386
/\/ollog
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,940
Send a message via AIM to /\/ollog Send a message via Skype™ to /\/ollog
Quote:
Originally Posted by logically View Post
thiinking about the amount of information I'm giving away for them in return for a couple of quid.
The information of what you're buying in their shop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc7 View Post
I'm finding it glitchy this morning, trouble activating new offers, updated app, offer updates, then says not available, anyone else?
Usually does early on the day of the new offers.
/\/ollog is offline  
Thanks from:
16-10-2020, 14:47   #1387
grimm2005
Registered User
 
grimm2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by logically View Post
Ditto here. Got the 5 off initially, and then used twice more for the offers. No issues with the process of scanning , but thinking about the amount of information I'm giving away for them in return for a couple of quid. I have to hand it to them though, amazing marketing when you look at the Pavlovian behaviour it's instilling .
If you're worried about being tracked by a Lidl loyalty app you best get rid of your smartphone/social media/any loyalty cards/debit/credit cards etc because in most cases they would have a hell of a lot more info on you then your name/number and what type of bread you buy.
grimm2005 is offline  
17-10-2020, 11:08   #1388
zell12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 11,107
22/10
zell12 is offline  
17-10-2020, 11:11   #1389
Baggly
The White Elephants
 
Baggly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 29,929
Will be getting 5 maybe 6 out of those 9
Baggly is offline  
Advertisement
17-10-2020, 15:47   #1390
gussieg
Registered User
 
gussieg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 554
things id like to see on the app : some ready meals , salads coleslaw etc, some nice chocolate or desserts, relish, their new chilli hot chocolate, crisps or tortillas .
gussieg is offline  
(2) thanks from:
17-10-2020, 16:00   #1391
thesandeman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by gussieg View Post
things id like to see on the app : some ready meals , salads coleslaw etc, some nice chocolate or desserts, relish, their new chilli hot chocolate, crisps or tortillas .
The odd chainsaw or nose trimmer would be handy as well.
thesandeman is offline  
(3) thanks from:
17-10-2020, 16:08   #1392
FanadMan
Registered User
 
FanadMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesandeman View Post
The odd chainsaw or nose trimmer would be handy as well.
Make sure you never mix those two up
FanadMan is offline  
17-10-2020, 16:31   #1393
smellyoldboot
Registered User
 
smellyoldboot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 787
Was a decent enough idea but it's not really being done right tbh. The weekly offers might normally contain an item or 2 you might throw in if you were going to Lidl anyway, there's nothing there that would ever cause you to go specifically to Lidl, which should be the point I'd say. The scratch and win, sometimes a 30c pack of sweets/biscuits is pretty pointless too.

I won't not go to Lidl over it or anything but it's a lame effort.
smellyoldboot is online now  
Thanks from:
17-10-2020, 16:41   #1394
gussieg
Registered User
 
gussieg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 554
i have to say i do find lately that i shop more in lidl than anywhere else, and the staff seems friendlier and nicer than say a certain uk based competitor that i havent really bothered with lately as they just seem to be upping prices and little to draw one in, plus people who work there seem very underwhelmed altogether.
gussieg is offline  
Thanks from:
18-10-2020, 17:15   #1395
Thargor
Registered User
 
Thargor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 15,824
Another €1 off next shop, Lidl basically buying all my milk for me these days.

Annoying that the good stuff on the app is always out of stock though, like no mince or chicken kievs all week in Limerick, the need to triple/quadruple the amount they buy in for the app on stuff like that...
Thargor is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet