Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Buds for FREE when moving to Vodafone & TopUp 20 Euro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

DopeTech wrote: »
    Same

Contacted support and they said the account is not fully set up yet but it will be within 24 hours. Got my first sim setup fully and topped up so just waiting on the text to that phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Went for this, applied for port on Tuesday afternoon, got sim this morning.. it went live this evening and topped up about an hour ago.. so a wait and see for the message from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pandaa

Just had a chat with CCE and they said 72 hours required. They gave 20e credit. What will I do with credit when i cannot make any calls and cannot receive any calls.

No phone for 3-4 days

pandaa wrote: »
    Just had a chat with CCE and they said 72 hours required. They gave 20e credit. What will I do with credit when i cannot make any calls and cannot receive any calls.

No phone for 3-4 days

If you go into a shop they will sort it on the spot for you.

DopeTech wrote: »
    Contacted support and they said the account is not fully set up yet but it will be within 24 hours. Got my first sim setup fully and topped up so just waiting on the text to that phone.

Finally managed to top up the 2nd sim so now just waiting on the text with the discount code. Hopefully that part goes a little more smooth. Vodafone really make hard work of the porting process. They could really learn a few things from gomo/48.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭bromley52

SIM arrived this morning. I checked I was on the X plan topped up, and made chargeable call. Now to wait for text.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,944 ✭✭✭bren2001

bromley52 wrote: »
    SIM arrived this morning. I checked I was on the X plan topped up, and made chargeable call. Now to wait for text.

Mine arrived this morning as well. Waiting to be ported over.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Oathkeeper

Has anybody actually gotten the discount code yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Sim finally started working after taking 2 days showing as not provisioned, chat wanted me to phone them but I couldn't get around to it. Topped up there . 14 day wait now I suppose. I assume once the codes start coming out, people will put it up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

bromley52 wrote: »

How do you check the plan?

Ignore. I got sorted via vodafone chat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭epopnomis

My package arrived from vodafone today, everything but the sim card...
    :( JOKERS

epopnomis wrote: »
    My package arrived from vodafone today, everything but the sim card...
    :( JOKERS

It's very small. Check the bag again.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭epopnomis

Have turned it inside and out, no joy... Ah well back onto vodaclowns again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

Sim arrived. Worked straight away. Topped up by 20e, that took an hour or two. Made a call/text and browsed data on web. 14 days countdown is on....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I'd say there may be a lot of annoyed people if they don't deliver on the Buds.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    I'd say there may be a lot of annoyed people if they don't deliver on the Buds.

Do they care. I have a sim with no incoming and outgoing. Twitter team is useless. Gave me 20e credit for next month which is a lie as no credit exists

What will I do with credit when cant make a call. SCAM. They planted it this way, why would they care

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Do they care. I have a sim with no incoming and outgoing. Twitter team is useless. Gave me 20e credit for next month which is a lie as no credit exists

What will I do with credit when cant make a call. SCAM. They planted it this way, why would they care

Because of the grief they will get on Facebook, Twitter etc if it goes pear shaped.
    Big companies do not like get bad feedback and will try to avoid at all costs.
    I would guess there are lots of people porting to 48 and Gomo from Vodafone because of price so not clever by making a mess of getting people back.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Because of the grief they will get on Facebook, Twitter etc if it goes pear shaped.
    Big companies do not like get bad feedback and will try to avoid at all costs.
    I would guess there are lots of people porting to 48 and Gomo from Vodafone because of price so not clever by making a mess of getting people back.

Hope so day 5 not working

Hope so day 5 not working

Your SIM isn't working? Go into a Vodafone shop and they will sort you on the spot.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Your SIM isn't working? Go into a Vodafone shop and they will sort you on the spot.

I did and Vodafone guy was surprised what I am doing at store
    Why cc sent me to store. He was nice and swapped sim.

Guess what...still no outgoing

VF is very funny...cost or dreaming for a 20e galaxy buds. I cant see myself getting one

• Advertisement

I am also seeing the "sim not provisioned" message more than 72 hours after receiving the sim. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

VF is very funny...cost or dreaming for a 20e galaxy buds. I cant see myself getting one

I lost all faith in store after filling a form to add additional name to my broadband connection...spent 30 mins to figure out how its done.

Icing on cake is name addition was never done nor it could be traced anywhere !! I think they are being bought by someone soon and i am not surprised !

Mine worked for me as soon as he swapped out the SIM. I was on to 3 different online Customer Care reps and none could get the SIM working, so that was the only option I was given.

The guy in the shop said that my number was ported across and active, but the SIM just wasn't working.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭omega42

Has anybody just ordered a gomo/48 sim then just transfer it over, Im already on vodofone

omega42 wrote: »
    Has anybody just ordered a gomo/48 sim then just transfer it over, Im already on vodofone

Bear in mind that this has been added to the terms of the offer:
    Effective from 16 October 2020:
    Customers moving from Tesco /48 are not eligible to avail of this offer.

I used an Eir SIM for mine.

omega42 wrote: »

I ported over a recruiter sim that hadn't been activated. It failed the first time but Vodafone retried it and it worked so not sure if 48 refused it the first time or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭omega42

A sh1T, Thanks Basil3

Ordered a Eir Sim :)

Quote:
    Effective from 16 October 2020:
    Customers moving from Tesco /48 are not eligible to avail of this offer.
    They better honor mine that ported over on Friday, it wasn't a condition when I signed up last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Spn744

I used an Eir SIM for mine.

Where do you see the new terms? Can’t see to find the change about 48 sims. Thanks

• Advertisement

Spn744 wrote: »
    Where do you see the new terms? Can’t see to find the change about 48 sims. Thanks

https://n.vodafone.ie/terms/offers.html

Under the Samsung Buds offer

Advertisement