Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
23-05-2020, 11:52   #1
Davy
Category Moderator
 
Davy's Avatar
Jabra Elite 65t Wireless earbuds €99





I know these were mentioned a few weeks ago, but now that Harvey Norman stores are open again thought they were worth a mention.
I cant find them cheaper anywhere else then Harvey Norman

They are around awhile now so the battery life isn't on par with the most current ear buds but they stand up in other specs.

Buy online or instore €99 - stock in all stores at time of posting.

Quote:
  • Secure fitting earbuds with three different size ear gels included for custom comfort
  • Take work calls from home. Incredible 4-microphone technology offers best-in-class call performance, with all-day battery for maximum productivity even when you’re working from home on your smartphone
  • Third generation true wireless; remember to update your firmware in the Jabra Sound+ app to experience the high sound quality
  • AutoPause your sound when removing one earbud and AutoPower off to save your battery
  • 5 hours of battery on a single charge and 15 hours with charging case
  • One touch access to Alexa, Siri and Google Assistant
  • Find my Jabra earbuds functionality via the Sound+ app

Price comparison: On offer in Currys also, €119 is the closet price.
Davy is offline  
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
23-05-2020, 12:26   #2
Anjunadeep
Registered User
 
Anjunadeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 88
Was about to purchase and then realised they use DPD.
Had terrible experiences with DPD the past couple of weeks. (lost items)
Anjunadeep is offline  
23-05-2020, 12:28   #3
kenyard
Registered User
 
kenyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjunadeep View Post
Was about to purchase and then realised they use DPD.
Had terrible experiences with DPD the past couple of weeks. (lost items)
Anjunadeep man. Listened to some tinlicker sets there over the past few weeks of lockdown and it's kept me going.
kenyard is offline  
Thanks from:
23-05-2020, 12:37   #4
Davy
Category Moderator
 
Davy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjunadeep View Post
Was about to purchase and then realised they use DPD.
Had terrible experiences with DPD the past couple of weeks. (lost items)
Yeah all couriers are up the walls in fairness so I wouldn't let that put me off.
I posted this as the stores are open again if you are close to one.
Davy is offline  
23-05-2020, 12:50   #5
corks finest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy View Post
Yeah all couriers are up the walls in fairness so I wouldn't let that put me off.
I posted this as the stores are open again if you are close to one.
Good price,and decent review on Amazon
corks finest is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
23-05-2020, 13:00   #6
errlloyd
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 12,061
Send a message via MSN to errlloyd
I bought these when they came out two years ago.

At the time I think they were the best. They fit snuggly, the case is handy once you get used to opening it with the ends. The buds sit in tip first which is annoying because the case can get kinda ear waxy quickly if you're not wiping them down every time you put them in.

I had one issue with a bud and Jabra replaced it basically no questions asked.
errlloyd is offline  
(3) thanks from:
23-05-2020, 14:03   #7
ectoraige
Registered User
 
ectoraige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by errlloyd View Post
I bought these when they came out two years ago.

At the time I think they were the best. They fit snuggly, the case is handy once you get used to opening it with the ends. The buds sit in tip first which is annoying because the case can get kinda ear waxy quickly if you're not wiping them down every time you put them in.

I had one issue with a bud and Jabra replaced it basically no questions asked.
Jabra's customer service is second to none in my experience.
ectoraige is offline  
(2) thanks from:
23-05-2020, 14:53   #8
corks finest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by ectoraige View Post
Jabra's customer service is second to none in my experience.
Good to hear, wished this was last week just bought similar for my smallie for e 129
corks finest is offline  
23-05-2020, 15:01   #9
BBMcQ
Registered User
 
BBMcQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,274
I bought these 2 months ago:

Pros
Great microphones for calls
Good connection for music/calls

Cons
Very average sound quality for music
The size of them leaves my ears hurting
Wax buildup in the charging case

Overall the only benefit they have over my €30 Xiaomi Airdots are the microphone quality. Music sounds better on the cheaper ones and they are far more comfortable.
BBMcQ is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
23-05-2020, 15:15   #10
Kolido
Registered User
 
Kolido's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,892
The creative outliers might be a better option. They get good reviews. They are regularly on sale

https://en.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets
Kolido is offline  
23-05-2020, 15:30   #11
Malmedicine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 477
Fantastic earbud, use these for listening to music and at work for calls. Tried cheaper but these are awesome . Good app which you can change your settings on . Great microphone, great product.

3 cons
Micro Usb - a pain when compared to usb c

As someone alluded to opening the case . Its a pain unless you go from the sides.

The 75t. Its newer, would you regret getting the 65t when you know theres a 75t, ( havent tried the 75t) just speculating
Malmedicine is offline  
(3) thanks from:
23-05-2020, 15:51   #12
Username here
Registered User
 
Username here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malmedicine View Post
Fantastic earbud, use these for listening to music and at work for calls. Tried cheaper but these are awesome . Good app which you can change your settings on . Great microphone, great product.

3 cons
Micro Usb - a pain when compared to usb c

As someone alluded to opening the case . Its a pain unless you go from the sides.

The 75t. Its newer, would you regret getting the 65t when you know theres a 75t, ( havent tried the 75t) just speculating
Hey, as you have these, perhaps you could tell me - are there 2 mics in each ear piece? I prefer to use a single ear piece in my left ear for calls as work, but if all 4 mics are in the right ear piece, then obviously this wouldn't work for me.

Thanks.
Username here is offline  
23-05-2020, 16:14   #13
BBMcQ
Registered User
 
BBMcQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Username here View Post
Hey, as you have these, perhaps you could tell me - are there 2 mics in each ear piece? I prefer to use a single ear piece in my left ear for calls as work, but if all 4 mics are in the right ear piece, then obviously this wouldn't work for me.

Thanks.
You can’t use the left earbud only because the left connects to the right and the right connects to the phone/device. This is the case for many earbuds unfortunately.
BBMcQ is offline  
23-05-2020, 16:25   #14
corks finest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolido View Post
The creative outliers might be a better option. They get good reviews. They are regularly on sale

https://en.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets
Look good
corks finest is offline  
23-05-2020, 16:28   #15
Username here
Registered User
 
Username here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMcQ View Post
You can’t use the left earbud only because the left connects to the right and the right connects to the phone/device. This is the case for many earbuds unfortunately.
FFS; the search continues, so. Thanks for info.
Username here is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet