Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Three Sim only plan (50% off for 6 months)

• 26-02-2020 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭

Three have started a new deal on their 30 day contract sim only plan. It's normally €30pm for all you can eat data, unlimited calls and texts and 14gb of EU data roaming. The offer is 50% off for 6 months so it will be €15pm for 6 months) and then the price goes back to €30. I'm sure this could be negotiated after the 6 months though especially with gomo's offer etc.

It might be of interest to some people who want to move networks but want to avoid eir/gomo. The access to 3plus is also an extra bonus.

https://www.three.ie/plans/sim-only/bill-pay/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

shocksy wrote: »
    Three have started a new deal on their 30 day contract sim only plan. It's normally €30pm for all you can eat data, unlimited calls and texts and 14gb of EU data roaming. The offer is 50% off for 6 months so it will be €15pm for 6 months) and then the price goes back to €30. I'm sure this could be negotiated after the 6 months though especially with gomo's offer etc.

It might be of interest to some people who want to move networks but want to avoid eir/gomo. The access to 3plus is also an extra bonus.

https://www.three.ie/plans/sim-only/bill-pay/

Do they have their own network or do they piggyback someone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Do they have their own network or do they piggyback someone else?

Three run their own network, they allow the piggybacks on their network though such as virgin mobile and tesco mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,148 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Just a note on this plan. It's not unlimited calls per se because Voicemail isn't free. You're charged national rate to dial 171, their own network.

It's buried way down into the t&cs but it's the thing you might assume to be non chargeable

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

Berty wrote: »
    Just a note on this plan. It's not unlimited calls per se because Voicemail isn't free. You're charged national rate to dial 171, their own network.

It's buried way down into the t&cs but it's the thing you might assume to be non chargeable

Call the international voicemail number, can't remember what it is, but it's an 083 number.

That way the netork logs it as a regular mobile to mobile call.

Im due an upgrade with 3 at the moment. Currently on the €45p/m contract.
    Just chatting with an agent online, to see if I can upgrade to this plan. He has advised
    "... the €15 offer is advertising for the new customer only who wish to move the number to move to bill pay."

I'm going to call them this morning, and threaten to leave for another network, and see how I get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,895 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Call the international voicemail number, can't remember what it is, but it's an 083 number.

The international number is +353 83 333 3171

Im currently on prepay - seems the offer is only for new customers joining for sim only or current non prepay customers. Showing as €30 when I go to order the sim. I've requested clarification on this with them on twitter. I'll see what they say and post back.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It doesn't. When I was with Three before I called that number to access my voicemail and I still got charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

bazwraf wrote: »
    Im due an upgrade with 3 at the moment. Currently on the €45p/m contract.
    Just chatting with an agent online, to see if I can upgrade to this plan. He has advised
    "... the €15 offer is advertising for the new customer only who wish to move the number to move to bill pay."

I'm going to call them this morning, and threaten to leave for another network, and see how I get on.

Get a Virgin Sim, free for 2 months for Non Virgin customers (4 months free for Virgin customers).
    Port your number back after a month to get the Three new offer of €15 a month.

Virgin offer finishes 28th Feb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭as.eirinn

Virgin offer finishes 28th Feb.

....how do you know?

On the website
    https://www.virginmedia.ie/mobile/sim-only/

I'm sure they will come up with another offer when that one ends as they have done in the past. :rolleyes:

Went into a Three shop today and was told the €15 offer was an online only offer for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭as.eirinn

...you're right, but the next offer'll be 4 months for e5, 4 months free is the best you'll get of them, great offers these days.

as.eirinn wrote: »
    .great offers these days.

Just a pity they can't (for me) get the Bank SMS texts for online banking :(.

GBX wrote: »
    Im currently on prepay - seems the offer is only for new customers joining for sim only or current non prepay customers. Showing as €30 when I go to order the sim. I've requested clarification on this with them on twitter. I'll see what they say and post back.

Got sorted switching from Prepay to this sim only plan yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Katie1_14

I just spoke to 3, I have 2 numbers on the €30 sim only deal. I asked for this offer. They said no, only for new customers. I gave out, threatened to leave. They offered me same plan at €20 a month for 12 months with no contract, so €120 discount over the year instead of €90 with the new customer offer

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

On the data usage it looks like its only 60gb you are allowed, gomo still seems better with their 80gb offer which I got for a tenner

** Should your data usage exceed 60GB in a billing cycle for Bill pay customers (a 28 day period for prepay customers) and your usage affect other network users, we reserve the right to limit the Service.

trigger26 wrote: »
    On the data usage it looks like its only 60gb you are allowed, gomo still seems better with their 80gb offer which I got for a tenner

** Should your data usage exceed 60GB in a billing cycle for Bill pay customers (a 28 day period for prepay customers) and your usage affect other network users, we reserve the right to limit the Service.

I believe that was always the case. I've gone over 60gb and never had issues with them throttling speeds or being charged extra

trigger26 wrote: »

Three rarely throttle if ever, whereas Gomo always throttle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 461 ✭✭TetraSonic55

Got sorted switching from Prepay to this sim only plan yesterday.

How did you get it? Still showing 30 for me

How did you get it? Still showing 30 for me

The rep I dealt with said it would show as €15pm - but there was also a possibility it wont apply for the first month. But if that did happen it would be 6 months at €15 from there on.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭MentalMario

These sims would hardly work in a router? (one that takes a sim)

These sims would hardly work in a router? (one that takes a sim)

They do. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Scottie99

I haggled €10 for 12 months from the €30 sim only. I mentioned the 9.99 with GOMO (when applicable)

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

I see Tescomobile launching new sim only plan tomorrow.
    10,000 mins
    10,000 texts
    300 international minutes
    Unlimited Data with caveat of 60gb fair use
    20 a month , 30 day rolling contract

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭vandriver

Tiger Roll wrote: »
    I see Tescomobile launching new sim only plan tomorrow.
    10,000 mins
    10,000 texts
    300 international minutes
    Unlimited Data with caveat of 60gb fair use
    20 a month , 30 day rolling contract
    Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

vandriver wrote:
    Link?

I saw it advertised on a poster in a Tesco store this evening , girl there said it starts tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭vandriver

Tiger Roll wrote: »
    I saw it advertised on a poster in a Tesco store this evening , girl there said it starts tomorrow
    It's on their site today.

https://www.tescomobile.ie/sim-only-plans.aspx#20allin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I believe that was always the case. I've gone over 60gb and never had issues with them throttling speeds or being charged extra

I once hit 1TiB down while hotspotting on Three and only then did they throttle me. I regularly hit 3-400GB in a calendar month and that was the only time I was ever affected. They're just covering themselves, you have to really be taking the P*ss for them to throttle

Advertisement