Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

quick grab your pitch forks, it's Dustin Hoffman now.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Jayop wrote: »
    Something like this? Would it even still be within the statute of limitations? What would the offense be? Grabbing her arse once?

If something isn't a crime does that mean it's not wrong?
    Taylor Swift has successfully brought a sexual assault charge against some-one grabbing her arse.
    Times are a changing fellas. You cant get away with what once was commonplace!
    I for one am so happy, as I can see this knocking on to younger generations of men, the only thing that was ever going to make men stop was women beginning to talk about it and the world saying it is wrong. What will make men stop is the fear of being charged now. I will no longer have to live in a place/world where I am groped. I feel happier already.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,272 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Corey Feldman was saying for years that there was a sort of a paedophile ring abusing young actors including himself and that Corey Haim was raped but nobody really listened to him.

Ass grabbing and talking dirty to a 17 year old is unacceptable but I wouldn't put it in the same category as young boys being raped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Taylor Swift has successfully brought a sexual assault charge against some-one grabbing her arse.
    I for one am so happy, as I can see this knocking on to younger generations of men, the only thing that was ever going to make men stop was women beginning to talk about it and the world saying it is wrong. What will make men stop is the fear of being charged now. I will no longer have to live in a place/world where I am groped. I feel happier already.

Oh no doubt groping someone is a crime that you could be charged for now. But my point was would that crime have a statute of limitations and what would the likelyhood of a conviction for groping someone 30 years ago be?

And I too am happy that you and all other woman can feel even a little bit safer if that is indeed the case. Hopefully attitudes are changing big time, but with the way you see people talking to woman on social media there's still a major problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

This is just nature. As men become powerful, their testosterone grows, and they need to fûck anything that comes into their line of sight.

In the wild they would be the ones producing the next generation, as alpha males. In human society, they are and will always be filthy sex pests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

mad muffin wrote: »
    This is just nature. As men become powerful, their testosterone grows, and they need to fûck anything that comes into their line of sight.

In the wild they would be the ones producing the next generation, as alpha males. In human society, they are and will always be filthy sex pests.

Nah,

The best alphas put on charm, they use their intellect and good looks to get dem wimmins.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

...slapping an ass in the 1980s was reasonably acceptable...

I dare say those being slapped in the ass might disagree.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Nah,

The best alphas put on charm, they use their intellect and good looks to get dem wimmins.

Hey, I told you that in confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Nah,

Only in the movies :pac:

Sure there are some woman that fall for it, love it, chase it. Then others don’t want the attention. Especially if you are a gross, sweaty, hairy ape. No matter the power, and the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Yet another movie-maker named (according to the Guardian, via a report in the Los Angeles Times).

Film-maker Brett Ratner is accused by six women of sexual misconduct
    The director of 'Rush Hour and X-Men: The Last Stand'
    has been accused of a range of unwanted sexual behaviour by Hollywood actors.

Send in the exorcists to Hollywood!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Why is it that if a guy gets his ass smacked its a non story but if its a woman stop the press. I'm under no illusion that men and women did stuff to advance their careers in Hollywood. Why cry now and not when it happened. I tell you why because you wanted your big chance and you were willing to do anything to get there.

Now im not saying all did this to advance their careers I do believe there is some amount of assaults and rapes going on, But alot fell on deaf ears Corey Haim been one example. Im not excusing the scum that did theses rapes and assaults but if you got a smack on the ass and a wink dont come crying 30 years later.

I fear in the future you cant even admire the female form anymore you be called a rapist scum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Vronsky

Hillary worked all her life to be President. This myth that Hillary somehow has better morals than Trump should be debunked. I have always thought she is worse than Trump and still do. She played a key role in the mess which is now Libya. Even bragged about it which is on Youtube for all to see.

Morality doesn't come into it, although there are levels of abuse, you have to step on people to make it to the top of politics and every politician has enemies. The problem with Trump is that he's not just amoral (nothing new really for the president of the USA) he's also a hot headed idiot loudmouth with a big ego. For example, Hillary would have had the political nous to take a firm line with North Korea, but it's impossible to think she would have taken to the kind of Twitter sabre rattling like trump making the risk of an accidental war exponentially greater.

There's not going to be a big name actor untouched by this scandal left in Hollywood since it appears to have been cultural. Furthermore once the sexual allegations dry up, you'll hear of serious bullying and harassment next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Wait till Corey feldman has his say

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Think we need a thread who wasn’t a deviant in Hollywood- spose it would be a short thread

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Vronsky wrote: »

There's not going to be a big name actor untouched by this scandal left in Hollywood since it appears to have been cultural. Furthermore once the sexual allegations dry up, you'll hear of serious bullying and harassment next.

We’re going to get to a stage where, someone got a bollocking from their boss and go ‘metoo’

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭gw80

Be careful what you wish for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

He was great in Midnight Cowboy.. I could take or leave pretty much everything else he has appeared in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Charlie babitt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Danco

What does it even mean? It makes no sense. Like Michael Scott from the office trying to make a funny joke and making a balls of it

"Say what you will about Michael Scott, but he would never do that."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Gaylord Focker's father

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Who has contacted the police to make a complaint or is Twitter the highest authority?

Effects wrote:
    It's already out there on twitter who he is.

She(Dr.Ciara Kelly) is simply attempting to garner publicity and raise her own profile. Have any of these rape victims made formal statements to the Gardai?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

soap1978 wrote: »
    Muahahaha wrote: »
    Not quite Hollywood but Dr.Ciara Kelly claims she is aware of a well know Irish media personaility who raped several women. She herself claims he tried it on with her and sent her private messages that amounted to sexual harassment. She is seeking his victims and is trying to organise his outing on Twitter at the moment. Ive no ideas of who it might be, all that she said is that he is in his 60s, has a national profile and is on Twitte
    gay bryne

hes 80+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

joe stodge wrote: »
    He was whacking off in front of people, I'm led to believe.

Judging by his style of comedy. I'm pretty sure that's something he'd do exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Who's next? James Corden?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Who knows where these accusations are going to stop and with who. I think that living in such a sexualised society causes alot of this

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

chicorytip wrote: »
    She(Dr.Ciara Kelly) is simply attempting to garner publicity and raise her own profile. Have any of these rape victims made formal statements to the Gardai?

Not all rape victims make statements to the Gardaí. That doesn't make it ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Well that's disturbing.

Yes, women have been treated like animals for a long time, with no rights, thoughts, or opinions, but hey, it was okay then!

Yes that's exactly what I said. Curb your imagination.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Judging by his style of comedy. I'm pretty sure that's something he'd do exactly.

proof enough for me.

guilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,218 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Effects wrote: »
    It's already out there on twitter who he is.

The guy who did media work involving the egg chasers let's say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

The guy who did media work involving the egg chasers let's say?
    Egg chasers? This is getting cryptic

Advertisement