Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG49UJ701V - 49 inch Smart TV

• 17-10-2017 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭

http://www.currys.ie/Product/lg-49uj701v-49-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv/343278/397.0.2

€649 at the moment

Picked one up on the weekend, its on special till Thursday they said. Will go back up in price then down again for Black Friday.

Comes with H&K speakers and magic remote.

The equivalent model in Harvey Norman is €869 (LGUJ670V), with out the upgraded speakers and fancy remote. Chancer in there tried to tell me that the 701V was a lesser model...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Can you edit your OP and include the price in the title

• Registered Users Posts: 5,683 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Nice one.
    I got similar model but in 55 inch from richer sounds at price of 800e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Just for clarity. Is 649 the price you paid ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

sunny2004 wrote: »
    Just for clarity. Is 649 the price you paid ?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

Thanks OP!

My current is a 42" and I don't really want to go huge to a 55".

The 43" version is €550. I assume it's exactly the same tv.
    http://www.currys.ie/Mobile/Product/lg-43uj701v-43-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv/343183/409.5

The 43" Samsung in the same offers is €689. http://www.currys.ie/Mobile/Product/samsung-ue43mu6100-43-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv/343498/409.5

Is the Samsung worth the extra does anyone know? They're both 4K HDR. Trying to wade through the jargon. Thanks

• Advertisement

Raisins wrote: »
    Thanks OP!

My current is a 42" and I don't really want to go huge to a 55".

The 43" version is €550. I assume it's exactly the same tv.
    http://www.currys.ie/Mobile/Product/lg-43uj701v-43-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv/343183/409.5

The 43" Samsung in the same offers is €689. http://www.currys.ie/Mobile/Product/samsung-ue43mu6100-43-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv/343498/409.5

Is the Samsung worth the extra does anyone know? They're both 4K HDR. Trying to wade through the jargon. Thanks

It is the same TV panel in the 43 inch LG yes, not sure if the 43 inch one comes with the upgraded Harmon and Kardon speakers though, you may ask them.

Played around with it last night and I am really impressed with the LG for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thejaguar

Are the H&K speakers separate to the TV?
    And what's a magic remote?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Anyone know can you sideload apps onto this tv?.

thejaguar wrote: »

They are built into the TV

The magic remote is like a mouse, you point it at the screen and select apps, it has netflix button on it, can control your set top box and I think voice recognition

califano wrote: »
    Anyone know can you sideload apps onto this tv?.

No, it is not android it is LG WebOS

http://www.lg.com/us/experience-tvs/smart-tv/use

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

thejaguar wrote: »

I can't see any reference to the H&K speakers - how do you confirm they are with this tv?

thanks
    EDIT: I see answered before I posted - but still wondering is it listed on box etc

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Anyone know what width the stand is on both the 43" and the 49"?

Can't seem to find it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

No, it is not android it is LG WebOS

http://www.lg.com/us/experience-tvs/smart-tv/use

Cheers, I was thinking it may be a similar sort of sideload process to nowtv box which isn't an android device either but you could sideload until sky stopped that avenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

Lesser model, not magic remote, no upgraded speakers, less HMDI ports, different stand and not Dolby HDR

I can't see any reference to the H&K speakers - how do you confirm they are with this tv?

thanks
    EDIT: I see answered before I posted - but still wondering is it listed on box etc

On the LG website it is listed under this model number, it is also on the box and a big sticker on the TV when you un box it saying H&K speakers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

http://www.currys.ie/Product/lg-49uj701v-49-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv/343278/397.0.2

€649 at the moment

Picked one up on the weekend, its on special till Thursday they said. Will go back up in price then down again for Black Friday.

Comes with H&K speakers and magic remote.

The equivalent model in Harvey Norman is €869 (LGUJ670V), with out the upgraded speakers and fancy remote. Chancer in there tried to tell me that the 701V was a lesser model...

Seems like a great deal, I've the 670v and it's class, but would miss the remote and speakers!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

Bought the 49". Brilliant price was in the market for a while. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

Lesser model, not magic remote, no upgraded speakers, less HMDI ports, different stand and not Dolby HDR

Apologies, I thought it was the same model!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

OP €649 is kinda pricey enough...would imagine a LG 49" tv would be cheaper than that by now?

I bought an LG 49UH603V (49" 4K HD Smart TV) for €449 last October in N17 Electric in Galway (store opening deal)

Excellent TV, does not have the H&K Speakers or the Magic remote. But the sound is superb anyway and I understand you can buy the Magic Remote seperately for €50-ish. (The magic remote is worth it, as the regular remote is phish for surfing the web...but doesn't bother me as I use the laptop or phone for surfing anyway and just cast to the tv)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Rmgblue

I’m in the market for a Tv and was looking at this one

http://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/hd-tvs/lg-49-ultra-hd-4k-tv-49uj635v.html

They have 10% off 2mor.

Now I’m unsure! I don’t need a super TV, I really dunno what I need, I should buy the Curry’s madel shouldn’t I?

bcklschaps wrote: »
    OP €649 is kinda pricey enough...would imagine a LG 49" tv would be cheaper than that by now?

I bought an LG 49UH603V (49" 4K HD Smart TV) for €449 last October in N17 Electric in Galway (store opening deal)

Excellent TV, does not have the H&K Speakers or the Magic remote. But the sound is superb anyway and I understand you can buy the Magic Remote seperately for €50-ish. (The magic remote is worth it, as the regular remote is phish for surfing the web...but doesn't bother me as I use the laptop or phone for surfing anyway and just cast to the tv)

That is a good price yes, but has different LED technology and slightly older OS.

This one I posted up as it is 2017 model down from €1000 in PC World and the equivalent at the time was €850 in Harvey Norman.

The price decrease is so they can increase it again before black Friday and then drop again to this price.

Basically getting an early black Friday deal.

I have been in the market for a new set for a few months and had my eye on a 49 Inch LG and had to jump at this.

The model you have is a brilliant price and will do you for years to come!

Rmgblue wrote: »

http://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/hd-tvs/lg-49-ultra-hd-4k-tv-49uj635v.html

They have 10% off 2mor.

Now I’m unsure! I don’t need a super TV, I really dunno what I need, I should buy the Curry’s madel shouldn’t I?

If you don't want a super TV then take this at 10% off.

I prefer as much tech as I can get for my € so chose the Currys one.

For the 10% price delta I would choose the Currys one, better speakers and the fancy remote. You will keep the TV for years, see it as an investment...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Rmgblue wrote: »

They have 10% off 2mor.

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202502-49uj670v.aspx

I'd get this before the harvey norman one, better price with Richersounds + 6 year guarantee.

Or go for the Currys one one if you want a slightly better model.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Does it play .h265 encoded video files?
    I have an older LG which plays .h264 but not .h265, and a lot of the newer content is now encoded in .h265.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,365 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

bcklschaps wrote: »

Download the LG TV Plus app. Handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I bought this TV myself in Galway yesterday and I a m returning it. The Colour Calibration is an utter nightmare. And brutal out of the box. Black levels are particularly poor. Also Viewing angles are borderline faulty.
    It might just be my tv but When I look directly at the TV all four corners are darker than the center. No amount of playing with Backlight or brightness can help. If you left you head a foot up from center half the screen goes darker it's so bad.

I have a 4k Ultra HD player and the HDR is also way too dark.
    I had a Hisense prior to this tv and will never buy an LG again.
    Going to try and bring it back if I can.

The only positive is the Sound is fantastic and the 4k non HDR content looks fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Decky86

I bought this TV myself in Galway yesterday and I a m returning it. The Colour Calibration is an utter nightmare. And brutal out of the box. Black levels are particularly poor. Also Viewing angles are borderline faulty.
    It might just be my tv but When I look directly at the TV all four corners are darker than the center. No amount of playing with Backlight or brightness can help. If you left you head a foot up from center half the screen goes darker it's so bad.

I have a 4k Ultra HD player and the HDR is also way too dark.
    I had a Hisense prior to this tv and will never buy an LG again.
    Going to try and bring it back if I can.

The only positive is the Sound is fantastic and the 4k non HDR content looks fantastic.

Be sure to let us know how you get on . Was tempted to get one . Reviews online were good so it could be likely yours is faulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Decky86 wrote: »
    Be sure to let us know how you get on . Was tempted to get one . Reviews online were good so it could be likely yours is faulty.

Where did you find a review online ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Decky86

Where did you find a review online ?

I just googled reviews and sifted throught the various sites and videos. Not much negativity about it

Advertisement