Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim free Google nexus 5 - £240 delivered at Carphone warehouse

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭bren4q

My order from eglobalcentral.eu arrived today. Nothing to pay on import duty/customs. Took less than a week to arrive. I'd be happy to buy from them again.

The price of Nexus 5 has also been reduced there. Now €298 delivered.
    http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/lg-nexus-5-16gb-sim-free-unlocked-black.html#.Uyw15PnV9NI

Edit:
    Forgot to say, try adding the coupon code Chkout5 to get an extra fiver off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭baldshin

bren4q wrote: »
    My order from eglobalcentral.eu arrived today. Nothing to pay on import duty/customs. Took less than a week to arrive. I'd be happy to buy from them again.

The price of Nexus 5 has also been reduced there. Now €298 delivered.
    http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/lg-nexus-5-16gb-sim-free-unlocked-black.html#.Uyw15PnV9NI

Edit:
    Forgot to say, try adding the coupon code Chkout5 to get an extra fiver off.

Is this the 4g version??

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭thunderbolt

baldshin wrote: »
    Is this the 4g version??

Specification from website. 4G bands below

GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
    3G Network HSDPA
    4G Network LTE 800 / 850 / 900 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600
    SIM Micro-SIM
    System OS Android OS, v4.4 (KitKat), upgradable to v4.4.2 (KitKat)
    Chipset Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800
    CPU Quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400
    GPU Adreno 330
    Display Type True HD IPS+ capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
    Size and Resolution 1080 x 1920 pixels, 4.95 inches (~445 ppi pixel density)
    Camera Primary 8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels, autofocus, optical image stabilization, LED flash
    Video Yes, 1080p@30fps
    Secondary Yes, 1.3 MP
    Data GPRS Yes
    EDGE Yes
    Speed DC-HSDPA, HSDPA, HSUPA, LTE
    WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot
    Bluetooth Yes, v4.0 with A2DP
    USB Yes, microUSB (SlimPort) v2.0, USB Host, USB On-the-go
    Features Messaging SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM, RSS
    GPS Yes, with A-GPS support and GLONASS
    Radio No
    3.5mm jack Yes
    Memory Internal 16 GB, 2 GB RAM
    Card slot No
    Battery Capacity Non-removable Li-Po 2300 mAh battery
    Stand-by (2G) / Up to 300 h (3G)
    Talk time (2G) / Up to 17 h (3G)
    Size Dimensions 137.9 x 69.2 x 8.6 mm (5.43 x 2.72 x 0.34 in)
    Weight 130 g (4.59 oz)

I know but I'm not sure how much I trust the website specs, would prefer to know for sure from the poster who got one, as there's a chance these aren't European models.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭bren4q

It's the European model, D821, which works on 4G here. Has the model number printed on the box.

I was a little wary of that too before ordering. But I had seen that eglobalcentral ship to a few different European countries. I went to their German site and the Nexus 5 listing there clearly stated that it was the D821 model.
    http://www.eglobalcentral.de/lg-nexus-5-4g-lte-16gb-schwarz.html

So knowing that they ship all their stuff from Hong Kong to Europe I figured it was going to be D821 for Ireland too. And it was. (phew)

• Advertisement

Ah great thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Has anyone ordered from this site before? Are they ok to deal with?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

irishguy wrote: »
    Has anyone ordered from this site before? Are they ok to deal with?

Car phone warehouse?

Would you not get it from Google themselves?

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details/Nexus_5_16GB_Black?id=nexus_5_black_16gb

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Fieldog wrote: »
    Car phone warehouse?

Would you not get it from Google themselves?

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details/Nexus_5_16GB_Black?id=nexus_5_black_16gb

From eglobalcentral.ie they are €60 cheaper than google

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

irishguy wrote: »
    From eglobalcentral.ie they are €60 cheaper than google

Give it a go, I got mine for 300 from Carphone Newry, well worth it ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Used eglobalcentral.ie to purchase the nexus 5 for €292. No issues at all. Ordered on Wednesday with free shipping arrived with DHL this morning. Can confirm its the EU D821 model as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Any feedback on how long it takes once shipped from Google? Treated myself to a Nexus 5 after my Nexus 4 got robbed on me over the weekend. Will sell the Nexus 4 that the insurance are sending out.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

ballooba wrote: »
    Any feedback on how long it takes once shipped from Google?

You should have it tomorrow afternoon or Wednesday at the latest. Ordered mine over a weekend and it was delivered the Tuesday afternoon. You woont always get the shipping email instantly.
    I read my shipping email on the Nexus 5!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭frankled

Just regarding this phone- I'm in Australia for the next 8 months or so and need a new phone. This one looks great, as seen here , but I'll shop around, look at reviews of that website, etc.

Looking at the specs (frequency bands, etc), can anyone second my assumption that if bought here, it will work when I'm back home? I assume so, given these specs and also the fact that the phone I have now works here.

Anyone else have any issues with Aus-bought phones brought back? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Contact them and ask them? I would also ask what the situation would be should there be a problem with the phone, would you be able to return to the UK base for that website or would it have to be shipped back to Australia should you run into a problem.

Eg: 9 months down the line (providing the warrenty still covers it) it won't turn on, what support is available to you now that you are the other side of the world?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭RunDMC

The D821 is the model I have, and it works fine here, 3G and 4G. The other model is primarily for US networks, the D820.

R

frankled wrote: »
    Just regarding this phone- I'm in Australia for the next 8 months or so and need a new phone. This one looks great, as seen here , but I'll shop around, look at reviews of that website, etc.

Looking at the specs (frequency bands, etc), can anyone second my assumption that if bought here, it will work when I'm back home? I assume so, given these specs and also the fact that the phone I have now works here.

Anyone else have any issues with Aus-bought phones brought back? Cheers.

It will work here same as over there, including 4g. Not sure about the warranty though. I'm moving to Australia this week and was gonna get the nexus here but discovered the 32gb version there works out at roughly €50 cheaper than the 16gb here so it's a no brainer to wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

beanian wrote: »
    You should have it tomorrow afternoon or Wednesday at the latest. Ordered mine over a weekend and it was delivered the Tuesday afternoon. You woont always get the shipping email instantly.
    I read my shipping email on the Nexus 5!
    Had it by 11am.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭frankled

Contact them and ask them? I would also ask what the situation would be should there be a problem with the phone, would you be able to return to the UK base for that website or would it have to be shipped back to Australia should you run into a problem.

Eg: 9 months down the line (providing the warrenty still covers it) it won't turn on, what support is available to you now that you are the other side of the world?
    baldshin wrote: »
    It will work here same as over there, including 4g. Not sure about the warranty though. I'm moving to Australia this week and was gonna get the nexus here but discovered the 32gb version there works out at roughly €50 cheaper than the 16gb here so it's a no brainer to wait!
    RunDMC wrote: »
    The D821 is the model I have, and it works fine here, 3G and 4G. The other model is primarily for US networks, the D820.

R

Great, thanks for the help.

Regarding the warranty- I might be sacrificing some of that- it'd only be for a year anyway, and given that I should be in Australia for at least 8 months I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'd be risking a 3-month period of the warranty but it's at a good price and I need the phone soon enough.

Advertisement