Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Free Samsung Galaxy S or HTC Desire with any tariff on E-Mobile/Meteor - Bray

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭King Cantona

I called the Wicklow branch. For anyone that's interested, they can't /won't take credit card orders, so you have to visit the shop. They're open from 10am-6pm and they have plenty of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Flimbos

I was talking to a guy in the Bray shop, he said there weren't any other participating shops in the Dublin area anyway.

I'm in the city centre tomorrow, so I'm going to get the DART out and pick up a Desire.

Did anyone also buy a memory card for it? Or would you be better off getting that online?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Flimbos wrote: »
    I was talking to a guy in the Bray shop, he said there weren't any other participating shops in the Dublin area anyway.

I'm in the city centre tomorrow, so I'm going to get the DART out and pick up a Desire.

Did anyone also buy a memory card for it? Or would you be better off getting that online?

They come with a 4gig, get a larger one online later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭RossDonegan

So what would be the cheapest way possible of getting this ?

18Month Contract @ €20 ?

Iv already got an iPhone on Vodafone. is it possible to take out the contract and then cancel it saying you have poor reception, unlock the phone and keeping it ?

Hypothetical of course ;)

So what would be the cheapest way possible of getting this ?

18Month Contract @ €20 ?

Iv already got an iPhone on Vodafone. is it possible to take out the contract and then cancel it saying you have poor reception, unlock the phone and keeping it ?

Hypothetical of course ;)

You'll have to return the phone. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭RossDonegan

JustinOval wrote: »
    You'll have to return the phone. :rolleyes:

But would you have to ? Just wondering, not that id do it.
    No local stored doing the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Keith186

But would you have to ?
    Yes. Otherwise you'd get it for €25 for one months bill and you think they'd let you keep it for that price? Stick to the iPhone mate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Flimbos wrote: »

What are the participating shops?
    Best i can get is 169 for the galaxy on the 20eur contract for 18months
    Thats crap as im moving from vodafone.
    I thought there were supposed to be enticements! :(

But would you have to ? Just wondering, not that id do it.
    No local stored doing the offer.

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Just off the phone to a very helpful guy in Longford.
    Reckons they have plenty of stock til month end! and it is the 8gb galaxy S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Dr Nic wrote: »
    What are the participating shops?

Here's the list of accredited stores from the emobile site, they all should have the offer.

50 Main Street Mallow Co Cork
    24 South Main Street Wexford
    Unit 3 Dunnes Stores Town Centre Irish Street Enniscorthy
    21 Leinster Street Athy County Kildare
    Main Street Castlebar
    Pearse Street Nenagh
    96 New Street Killarney
    37 Main Street Bray
    34-36 Main Street Cavan Town
    22 Ballymahon Street Longford

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Feck it got my one for €140 on meteor on €30 a month online smart plan (usually €35 in store) with 12 months contract. This is good deal.

The other half was about to sign contract sent out for my plan but will head to Bray tomorrow and get this. She will have to pay €35 per month for same plan as me but free phone.

Great BA.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

I plan on getting the dart out tomorrow to bray tomorrow too.
    The best way to do it is to go for the e-mobile €19 a month for 12 months = €228. Is that correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭MadamX

Ok, so have I got this right?

The following (copied from Emobile website): 100 any network minutes & 100 any network texts every month. Plus unlimited free calls to landlines.

Plus choice of one of the phones mentioned above (at no extra cost) for entering into a billpay agreement for €19 for 12 months or €14 for 18 months.

But only at one of the shops listed above?

Seems almost too good to be true - that's why I wanted to clarify as this thread's become a bit waffley. If so, will be hitting one of those shops very soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Can anyone tell me what sort of documents I need to bring to sign up to a contract in the store? Also does anyone know if the android webtext app works with emobile?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭PaulPinnacle

Nephew wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what sort of documents I need to bring to sign up to a contract in the store?
    Standard photo id (passport, driving licence), proof of address from the last 3 months (utility bill, etc.) and your bank details (sort code and account number).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

On Android I use Cabbage for web texts. Emobile is an option that's available :-)

K2 also offers emobile, however I had to stop using it as it wouldn't work for me after the last update.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Animo

Has anyone tried the branch in Kilarney yet? Might give them a ring tomorrow if no one else has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Thanks guys. I take it emobile don't offer international webtexts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Whats emobiles coverage like? Any use?

I think emobile uses meteor coverage so switching to emobile wont make a difference to your coverage if thats the reason why you want to switch from meteor.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

could this be in relation to announcements of all the duel core phones coming out, would love a desire... but a 18 month contract with a possibly severly underpowered phone in 6months isnt appealing

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭grinder23

MadamX wrote: »
    Ok, so have I got this right?

The following (copied from Emobile website): 100 any network minutes & 100 any network texts every month. Plus unlimited free calls to landlines.

Plus choice of one of the phones mentioned above (at no extra cost) for entering into a billpay agreement for €19 for 12 months or €14 for 18 months.

But only at one of the shops listed above?

Seems almost too good to be true - that's why I wanted to clarify as this thread's become a bit waffley. If so, will be hitting one of those shops very soon.

This is correct the choice of phone on E-mobile is the Desire/GalaxyS or the non smartphone Sony Vivas which has the best camera but no android.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Aceform

Dcully wrote: »
    Not sure about emoblie but im far from happy with Meteor.
    Im in Monasterevin, in my house/garden coverage is fine, the few times my wife took my phone to work it has no coverage at all, she works less than 500 meters away.
    When i head out the road to rathangan or portarlington i get no coverage at all, both towns are 6 or so miles away,Portaloise coverage drops to 1 single bar.
    Going the other dierction to Kildare town,Newbridge etc coverage is fine.

Emobile uses Meteor network.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Right now I'm on meteor, so is it possible for me to go to Bray tomorrow and sign up for this deal and get the Galaxy while still keeping my number?Also just to confirm on Meteor there is a €25 contract that gives you free meteor texts and calls, 1GB of data and then 200 texts and 200 minutes correct?If so I'm gonna snap this up tomo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

Are emobile to emobile calls/text free? Can't find the answer on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Right now I'm on meteor, so is it possible for me to go to Bray tomorrow and sign up for this deal and get the Galaxy while still keeping my number?Also just to confirm on Meteor there is a €25 contract that gives you free meteor texts and calls, 1GB of data and then 200 texts and 200 minutes correct?If so I'm gonna snap this up tomo!

thats a €35 per month deal for 12 months or €30 for 18 month deal. Confirmed this with the guy in the shop when calling about this as this is the offer i want.

As other posters advised i also use Cabbage to use webtext, great app.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭grinder23

That plan costs €35 and its for new connections only so you would have to take out a 2nd number on your account to avail of this deal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

with a possibly severly underpowered phone in 6months isnt appealing

You must be kidding, right ?

Dealt with the Athy store, superlative service !

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Thanks for the reply guys, do you know if theres a deal that gets me free meteor texts and calls, some minutes (don't even care bout texts to other networks) and maybe still 1GB of data for under €25?Cause that would be what I'd be interested in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Flimbos

chris85 wrote: »
    thats a €35 per month deal for 12 months or €30 for 18 month deal. Confirmed this with the guy in the shop when calling about this as this is the offer i want.

Ah... I had my eye on that deal on the Meteor website (https://phones.meteor.ie/bp/choose_a_plan) and it was €30 per month on the site.... but that €5/month discount must be if you buy online, which doesn't apply if you buy it in Bray. Is this right?
    grinder23 wrote: »
    That plan costs €35 and its for new connections only so you would have to take out a 2nd number on your account to avail of this deal

I'm on Meteor Pay As You Go at the minute, can I not get a phone on Meteor Bill Pay and keep my number??

Advertisement