Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

X-Files

• 19-04-1999 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

Hmmmm,

Any1 see the last two X-Files on Sky. Last weeks about Ghost's and Last Night with Bruce Campbell as a demon trying to have a normal child. So whats happened to the Aliens.

Oh and remember the Truth is out there wink.gif

Gandalf.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Shaft1

I dont have sky1 ffs(what a freak) so i have to wait for BBC to broadcast the new series and u know what they are like... sad.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,897 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Its just Chris Carters Fasination with Demons and he tends to treat them in a humerous way to make them appear more appealing.

You will have noticed, im sure some offbeat and surreal episodes of the X-Files previously, well its just chucked in to make u like ghosts and demons and to keep your attention cos there is more to life than aliens smile.gif.....

Bring back Millenium .....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i was always partial to road runner myself. i think it was the theme tune smile.gif

come to think of it, does anyone else remember the battle of the planets theme tune? this is one that has bugged me for years sad.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Nah - I'm a fan of the dramatic episodes. The odd humorous episode is fine but to some extent in the previous series and nearly all of this one it's gone black comedy all over. A pity methinks.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Ahhh yea Battle of the Planets - Mark, Jason, Princess, Tiny, some skinny guy, some robot and the Evil Zoltar... muahahahaha

What was the spaceship called??

TRAAANSSSMUTE!!

Slosh

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

It was called the Phonix.

As for the X-Files, I'm really tired of the alien plot lines - I love the stranger episodes - my favourite is still the Freak Show one from series one.

Draco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 DancesWithChimps

As far as I know the Freak Show was in series 2 but I have to agree, those witty episodes were great but only every now and again, pretty much all of series 6 so far has been a bit spoofy and that kinda sucks. The best episodes so far this series have been the first one(following on from "The End" and the Movie) and the episode "Drive" the one where peoples heads exploded if they stopped moving west. The Dreamland two-parter was entertaining but a bit of a waste of a potentially rockin' Area51 themed two-parter.

Last nights episode about the Rain King was kinda uninteresting right the way through it.
    What did y'all think of the Rain King one?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Battle of the Planets - good old G-Force.

I see that Fox Kids were showing a rehashed version of that last year, Eagle Riders it was called sad.gif

Bah!

J.
    --

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Battle of the Planets.... known as Gatchaman in Japan. Ye've watched more anime than ye suspect...

On the subject of kids shows.... Mysterious Cities of Gold anyone? Ulysses 31 (I used to love that!)?

Or for the big kids who still watch kiddie television (i know I do....) Animaniacs... class or what! And Pokemon is showing on Sky at the moment... Wouldn't miss an episode, if my Sky-owning mate fails to tape a single one, I will beat him to a bloody pulp with an oversized Pikachu plushie... tongue.gif

Mata ne!
    Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Pokemon is a laugh alright, cute as can be.

Ulysses 31 was great fun, the music was cool (you-li-see-ee-ee-ee-ees...).

J.
    --

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

I have 8 episodes of Ulysses 31 on tape, great cartoon, even better to watch it in this day and age, because it hasn't aged a bit !

Any1 want a copy, send a blank tape to me along with your underwear.

Metakov neski !

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Ulysses was the man!

I always wanted to have one of those gun / light-sabre thingys he has...

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    http://homepage.tinet.ie/~davitt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

God I remember that series when I was a kid. It was repeated sooo many times, was probably the best...along with those cartoons shown alongside gi-joe on super channel(anyone remember those)
    Anyone know how Ulysees 31 finished up...I never saw the last few episodes:/
    They should reshow it..talk about a haunting show

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Yea what was the name of the little red robot in Ulysses ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement