Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Do parents genuinely know if their children are ugly?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,806 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

...shibboleths...

TIL! Completely unnecessary word for it though. Still like it!

'Male travellers marrying female travellers under the age of 16 is a shibboleth!' (if I understand it correctly)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

TIL! Completely unnecessary word for it though. Still like it!

'Male travellers marrying female travellers under the age of 16 is a shibboleth!' (if I understand it correctly)

It's fine in the context I used. It's a belief held by ugly people.

And I will now shoehorn the word into my next 10 posts just to be stubborn.

It's fine in the context I used.

Sorry, I meant it's an unnecessary word in general, and one which really makes no sense unless you know what it means! Couldn't even guess that one tbh.

But yes, overuse of this word has now ensued.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Sorry, I meant it's an unnecessary word in general, and one which really makes no sense unless you know what it means! Couldn't even guess that one tbh.

But yes, overuse of this word has now ensued.

Shibboleth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

In all seriousness, I think I am unattractive because I'm too dark skinned. I'd like to use a skin lightener to go a few shades lighter.

In all seriousness, you need to sort your fcuking life out mate.

Theres 2 options here.

1. All your threads are genuine, get a professional mental health check.

2. All your threads are bollox, get a professional mental health check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

In all seriousness, you need to sort your fcuking life out mate.

Theres 2 options here.

1. All your threads are genuine, get a professional mental health check.

2. All your threads are bollox, get a professional mental health check.

His threads are fine, dude. What makes them all the better is how salty they make some of the angry old-timers around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Another thing new parents bang on about is that “new baby” smell.

Sure, it’s there for a, very, short while but after a couple of weeks you just smell piss, old milk and baby vomit.

Same goes for the house. It’s like having cats.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

His threads are fine, dude. What makes them all the better is how salty they make some of the angry old-timers around here.

Yeah youre right, my bad.

Im a salty c.unt, got a case of da'Cronas!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,185 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

My mother has basically told me that I wasn't the best looking. Not in mean way. She just didn't want me getting notions about myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

It bonkers the responses on after hours threads. Sense of humour transplants required.
    Some of the OPs threads are very thought provoking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Hoboo wrote: »
    He ain't got **** on iloveyourvibes

Or that one who’s seen everything, done everything, been everything, just everything everything, G7

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Absolutely, but eh what are they gonna do?

*Put up to adoption*

Aww now that's just sad. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

That particular poster likes to emerge from the shadows to take potshots at people, especially if they’re backed up by their mates and the moderators.

My advice is that it’s best to ignore them.

I'm more surprised that ye folk actually remember the posters names. Only for all the giving out, I wouldn't know Amy from Adam when a topic is posted (nor care!). Some topics I will reply to, others I won't, even if they're not designed to actually discuss the topic at hand, I find if people actually do, it defeats the purpose of the thread to begin with, and may even lead to a good thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

I'm more surprised that ye folk actually remember the posters names. Only for all the giving out, I wouldn't know Amy from Adam when a topic is posted (nor care!). Some topics I will reply to, others I won't, even if they're not designed to actually discuss the topic at hand, I find if people actually do, it defeats the purpose of the thread to begin with, and may even lead to a good thread!
    I recognise a few people, mainly the ones who like to slither from the gutters they’re living in to have a go at me. I don’t mind but what usually happens is I’ll have a pop back, hand their arse to them and they go telling on teacher (the moderators) to grass me up. Anyway they’re the ones I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,338 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

You'd miss Srameen getting the first dig in, I think it made his day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

You'd miss Srameen getting the first dig in, I think it made his day.

Very strange.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

No such thing as an ugly child

No such thing as an ugly child

Oh yes there is!

Advertisement