Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Standard of films comedy today.

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

That’s exactly how it works. Do you think your grandad’s generation thought the culture was going in the right direction when you were young?

It’s such an old trope I thought everyone understood that “they don’t make’m like they used to” was something that everyone knew about. It’s been going on forever. Things change all the time and old people say things are changing for the worse.

Credited to Socrates :The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.

You are stupid.

I am well aware of the phenomenon of nostalgia. I'm saying it doesn't apply here, it's not relevant to this context. We all have biases, being so self-righteous you believe you can tell where other people's opinions are coming from better than they themselves is both patronizing and insulting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

You are stupid.

It might be worth making your point without resorting to childish insults and name calling. It does you no favours.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Rubbish.
    You are stupid.

if you cant post civilly, then don't post.

Advertisement