Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we becoming a country of intolerably soft consumerists

• 02-11-2017 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭

Just going on about a woman harping on the train this morning, very sickening person to stand beside:

They couldn't hack a bin on fire or a couple of fireworks on halloween with the blasé circle of toffs nodding in mutual admonishment. Yet it would appear nothing was done about it as it was still smoldering this morning.

Apparently their friend was dying "with heart issues" but yet succumbed to minding one of the toffs groomed offspring.

Put on a nouveau riche Culchie accent, a cath kitson bag, and about as much Craic as a dry piece of cardboard what has happened to this country? I'm not saying this is gender based either there were male sheep in that group

Edit: they also started adding a few ****ings before they got off. Despite cowering to the imposed rapscallions of halloween

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

Yeh

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

My bus journey passed with me listening to a few songs. New Order's first album and a few Smashing Pumpkins songs, chosen from 'Adore'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

People are soft as puppy sh1t nowadays.

Ouch! My fingers are sore after typing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

You use a bus? Get a job then a car!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

We are certainly a moany bunch who dont get on well with being put out a bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Mena wrote: »
    Comprehension is for cowards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Just going on about a woman harping on the train this morning, very sickening person to stand beside:

They couldn't hack a bin on fire or a couple of fireworks on halloween with the blasé circle of toffs nodding in mutual admonishment. Yet it would appear nothing was done about it as it was still smoldering this morning.

Apparently their friend was dying "with heart issues" but yet succumbed to minding one of the toffs groomed offspring.

Put on a nouveau riche Culchie accent, a cath kitson bag, and about as much Craic as a dry piece of cardboard what has happened to this country? I'm not saying this is gender based either there were male sheep in that group

Edit: they also started adding a few ****ings before they got off. Despite cowering to the imposed rapscallions of halloween

Christs name, upon which called I. The context of the subject, baffling, yet both of them.
    Clearly off their tits, the person who did indeed write it, said he. Going on about, what the fuk was he?
    But do we have need to go back to that same class of English, 1st class, then they learn to write story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

greencap wrote: »
    Christs name, upon which called I. The context of the subject, baffling, yet both of them.
    Clearly off their tits, the person who did indeed write it, said he. Going on about, what the fuk was he?
    But do we have need to go back to that same class of English, 1st class, then they learn to write story.

Unpossible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

This is a situation tailor made for a phone call to Joe Duffy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

What has women b*tching got to do with consumerism?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭lertsnim

What has any of this got to do with consumerism?

Mena wrote: »

Where did you think I was getting the bus to? I could buy and sell you kiddo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

I agree, people under 30 are fierce soft these days. I am not sure how they would cope with real adversity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Neat

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

greencap wrote: »

The issue here in the thread is that one of the posts is both the same.

That said I do like me some consumer goods now and then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

Birneybau wrote: »
    Where did you think I was getting the bus to? I could buy and sell you kiddo.

Oh, was it your bus?

Oh, was it your bus?

Nah, the o.p. clearly mentioned being on a train. I mentioned a bus. So, thought it was aimed at me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

Anyway the op is bollocks. Firstly we’ve been a nation of consumerists for decades. Very few of us are making cheese at home, or knitting our own cars out of tadpoles (might be wrong on the exact mechanism of automobile home manufacture, not an expert).

Secondly we shouldn’t have ever been happy with burning bins or illegal fireworks. Heads should have been knocked together by some tough Landespolizei type cops long before now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

I have a terminal illness and have experienced pain you would not believe and I found the noise from fireworks on Hallowe’en night a bit overwhelming and annoying. Do you consider me soft, OP?

Inconsequential stuff annoys people. You, me, everyone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement