Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

POCO X3 NFC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lujan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I have to say, the battery is fantastic. Getting around 4 days out of it on average and it charges via its own charger in 60 mins.

All the adverts are turned off in the UK model and easy enough to turn off in the international one- but slightly painful that they're there at all.
    There's a "taken by poco" watermark on pics, but you can turn it off too.

Otherwise I've no real complaints.
    I wish it had image stabilization on the camera mind you.

I read about the ads, but as you said, at least they can be turned off.
    That's literally been the only bad thing I have read about the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mr170

Think I might order of Amazon uk. Does it come with a 3 pin plug or is it two pin

mr170 wrote: »
    Think I might order of Amazon uk. Does it come with a 3 pin plug or is it two pin

3 pin on amazon and it's hefty charger block.

• Advertisement

3 pin on amazon and it's hefty charger block.

How are you gettin on with the phone is worth the purchase?

How are you gettin on with the phone is worth the purchase?

It's down to 212 today.

Yes I'm really happy with it. It's snappy, feels solid, has plenty options in every regard. The ads etc are no issue once turned off. Other than image stabilization, there really is nothing it's missing and so far I haven't found that an issue. I'm getting 4 days out of the battery and it only takes 1 hr to charge!

If you buy on amazon you can return within 28 days if you don't like it, but I'd be sure you will like it.

It's down to 212 today.

Yes I'm really happy with it. It's snappy, feels solid, has plenty options in every regard. The ads etc are no issue once turned off. Other than image stabilization, there really is nothing it's missing and so far I haven't found that an issue. I'm getting 4 days out of the battery and it only takes 1 hr to charge!

If you buy on amazon you can return within 28 days if you don't like it, but I'd be sure you will like it.

Great thanks, I have just ordered it should be here by Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

It's down to 212 today.

Which version is that? On Amazon UK?

Just gone an message from an post they have my phone will be delivered Tuesday. I ordered Thursday from amazon.uk. what's the case like with the phone or should I order an different case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭budhabob

Just gone an message from an post they have my phone will be delivered Tuesday. I ordered Thursday from amazon.uk. what's the case like with the phone or should I order an different case

It comes with a clear jelly case. It's grand, I just hate clear cases as I find they get really dirty.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,073 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Thinking of pulling the trigger on this just one question if someone could help me with.
    I will be coming from a Note 7. Since its a xioami phone. Can I synch all my apps from my note to the poco?
    TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Soooooo this is a salutary tale for people looking to save a bit of cash like I was.

1. Ordered phone on 22nd September from Gearbest using PayPal - always, ALWAYS use PayPal if you're not sure of the vendor.
    Almost a month later, no sign of the phone. Contacted Gearbest and requested a refund and amazingly they refunded me within 24 hours.

2. Decided to order the phone from EGlobal central, was told in tracking that my phone was being despatched on the 20th October. 10 days later and according to the tracking "We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible" I'm smelling yet another rat here, and if it has arrived by MOnday I'm requesting a refund.

I can't believe I've ordered it TWICE and it still hasn't arrived!
    I seriously object to Amazon's work practices so I try to avoid ordering from them, hence my looking for other vendors.
    The Irish Xiaomi site is ridiculously expensive so now I'm looking to order from somewhere else once I get my refund.

Anybody got any recommendations as to where to buy the 128gb Blue version?
    Also is everyone who got it pleased with it still?
    Thanks so much for any help in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,895 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Soooooo this is a salutary tale for people looking to save a bit of cash like I was.

1. Ordered phone on 22nd September from Gearbest using PayPal - always, ALWAYS use PayPal if you're not sure of the vendor.
    Almost a month later, no sign of the phone. Contacted Gearbest and requested a refund and amazingly they refunded me within 24 hours.

2. Decided to order the phone from EGlobal central, was told in tracking that my phone was being despatched on the 20th October. 10 days later and according to the tracking "We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible" I'm smelling yet another rat here, and if it has arrived by MOnday I'm requesting a refund.

I can't believe I've ordered it TWICE and it still hasn't arrived!
    I seriously object to Amazon's work practices so I try to avoid ordering from them, hence my looking for other vendors.
    The Irish Xiaomi site is ridiculously expensive so now I'm looking to order from somewhere else once I get my refund.

Anybody got any recommendations as to where to buy the 128gb Blue version?
    Also is everyone who got it pleased with it still?
    Thanks so much for any help in advance!

I know its after the fact - but those 2 places would not be the best to order from if either in a hurry. Eglobal are bad if you dont want to wait. If you have patience grand. GB also have the issue of possibly getting hit for duty.

Stock here - https://www.honorbuy.com/1938-poco-x3-nfc-128gb-global-version-blue.html - It wont be as cheap as introductory pricing. But from Honorbuy you would have it within 3 days

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

You can buy it on EGlobalCentralEU. Look them up. That's where I buy my Xiaomi phones - good prices, no delivery problems.

Pdoghue wrote: »
    You can buy it on EGlobalCentralEU. Look them up. That's where I buy my Xiaomi phones - good prices, no delivery problems.

They've already done that and requested a refund.
    They will eventually deliver but be prepared to wait.

You reckon they will deliver GBX?
    Sorry of course you can't possibly know whether they will or not.
    I reckon it must be selling out everywhere because another site Buy It Direct.ie has said it will only be shipping theirs out on 6th November........
    Even Amazon has said they are OOS on the 128gb version.
    I'd be happy to wait another 2 weeks if I definitely knew I was going to get the flipping thing!

Pdoghue wrote: »

Yeah that's actually where I have ordered it from and am waiting still 10 days after despatch date and no sign of them actually delivering it!!

You couldn't make this stuff up!

If Honorbuy have it as in stock its definite. And they use DHL for 2-3 day delivery. Guaranteed.

EGlobal - plenty of info in this thread with both good and bad feedback. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=115097403#post115097403
    They have products marked "item dispatch within 24 hours" - thats after they receive the item into their warehouse. Not from time of ordering. Which is bad form. But yeah eventually you'll get it. When is the question though. Could be a week or two or more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

Yeah that's actually where I have ordered it from and am waiting still 10 days after despatch date and no sign of them actually delivering it!!

You couldn't make this stuff up!

My apologies.. I didn't read your message properly! Well, I can only say that I've never had a bad experience with EG bar having to wait for about a week or two. It's coming from Hong Kong remember.

My father in law ordered one from Amazon last week and had it within a few days. Price dropped just after he recieved it.
    He loves it, took me about 15mins to switch off all the advertising and the photo watermark.
    It's a cracking phone.
    I have held off getting it, will wait till Black Friday or Cyber Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭koutoubia

ordered mine cobalt blue 128gb from xiaomi uk in wed am and got a notification this afternoon that it has been shipped with DHL.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭jenneyk19

phones from china are cheap when they come out for first
    2 months then prices go up by 100 euro

so it can be cheaper to buy a 5g phone than 4g

but make sure it has global software and check what 4g and 5g bands it has

€234 plus shipping from Amazon Spain for the 6/128 GB version.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Hairdo

MarkR wrote: »
    This new phone from Pocphone looks to be a bargain.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001328159542.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.5cbf4c4dNh3X3V

I have a Pocophone F1, which is just coming up to two years old which I'd been thinking of replacing. I had been thinking of holding off for a 5G handset, but the added cost to the handsets was putting me off. That, and the takeup of 5G here isn't great. And my network (gomo) doesn't officially support it!

I've ordered it from Spain to Parcel Motel (went for the 128 GB) version, so hopefully it won't be long before I have it.

Is AliExpress reliable to buy a phone from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

In the 4 weeks I have had this phone it has gotten 3 system updates. Nice to see Xiaomi is fixing all the bugs very quickly.

Stereosound have you had any issues with the phone overheating at all?

I've seen a few mentions online about that, and as I'm STILL WAITING for the phone I do have a chance to buy something else but I do really want it!

Thanks

Edit: Just seen that my phone has actually been handed over to the courier in the Netherlands.
    I may actually get it......I can hardly believe it.......

Hairdo wrote: »
    Is AliExpress reliable to buy a phone from?

Aliexpress is a portal for a shops. Look at the sellers feedback. If buying a phone from there, id look for 4.5%+ rating

• Advertisement

I recently ordered a Realme 6 from Amazon Italy. It hasn't arrived yet but just today I see the Poco X3 NFC 6/128 GB version for £203 on Amazon UK. This was the phone I was hoping to get but was too expensive at the time. The Realme 6 hasn't arrived yet and I was thinking I might order the Poco today and return the Realme for a refund as soon as it arrives. Has anyone here had any experience of returning a phone to Amazon Italy? Is it worth the hassle? From all reviews I've seen, the Poco X3 seems to be a brilliant phone and would be a massive bargain at that price

Advertisement