Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung Galaxy Note 20 & Note 20 Ultra....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

JH_raheny wrote: »
    Nice one, I ordered mine from Vodafone yesterday afternoon/evening so that gives me hope that I'll have it by Friday

Did you get the site to work or order via chat function? Still not working for me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I just checked Samsung and the order is still showing up as "Processing in progress"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

FrostyJack wrote: »
    Did you get the site to work or order via chat function? Still not working for me.

Yes I managed to get the order placed using the website instead of the app, it took me a few attempts though, deleting cache in Chrome browser etc...
    Order still only says submitted but I already had an email about contract renewal so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I also get a phone... and hopefully on time not a month later..

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭markad1

@FrostyJack for me on Vodafone it worked after the phone was listed in the bill pay upgrade section. Before that I couldn't checkout.

Are the network phones single sim or dual? If dual can you use another carrier sim or will it be locked also?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

markad1 wrote: »
    Are the network phones single sim or dual? If dual can you use another carrier sim or will it be locked also?

Anytime I've gotten an unlocked phone they have been single sim but the last Vodafone phone I got was dual sim. I'm actually sorry I didn't order a dual sim this time around as I'm considering getting rid of the work phone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

The Ultra is dual sim hybrid so will be unlocked. S10+, Note 10+, S20+ and S20 Ultra were all same.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Based on reviews that appeared on YT today, Samsung don't seem to have done much with the 990?

@FrostyJack for me on Vodafone it worked after the phone was listed in the bill pay upgrade section. Before that I couldn't checkout.

I got onto chat again and they were like a chocolate teapot. They go support to call me but they rang when I was in the middle of a call while driving so I doubt they will call back. Where abouts exactly is the bill pay upgrade section, is it where you check your eligible? I tried about 30 times now and deleted cache, any other suggestion?

I got onto chat again and they were like a chocolate teapot. They go support to call me but they rang when I was in the middle of a call while driving so I doubt they will call back. Where abouts exactly is the bill pay upgrade section, is it where you check your eligible? I tried about 30 times now and deleted cache, any other suggestion?

For me, logged in....went to shop, bill pay then upgrade. The note 20 was available in that section from yesterday. If I tried bill pay, phones, I could add it to my basket but couldn't checkout.

• Advertisement

For me, logged in....went to shop, bill pay then upgrade. The note 20 was available in that section from yesterday. If I tried bill pay, phones, I could add it to my basket but couldn't checkout.

When I click upgrade from the bill pay drop down it just goes to the home page again just like when I try to checkout basket :mad:

When I click upgrade from the bill pay drop down it just goes to the home page again just like when I try to checkout basket :mad:

Are you using the app or a PC or Chromebook?

Mine that I ordered yesterday is now with An Post in their D12 parcel hub so with a little luck it will be here tomorrow

JH_raheny wrote: »
    Are you using the app or a PC or Chromebook?

Laptop with Chrome and IE.

Still no movement for me from Samsung.ie, major first world problems I know :D

I was toying with the idea of setting the phone up with my work sim card first to see if I have 5G coverage at home till Mrs. Clareman pointed out that I could put that sim in my other phone at at time, yes, yes I am that stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Good thing with going direct with Samsung UK is that you get the Buds Live with the phone whereas everywhere else you have to put in a claim and then wait another 45 days to get them.

Ahhhh feck off the lot of ye :pac::pac::pac:

Once I have it by the weekend I'll be happy.....

dan786 wrote: »
    Good thing with going direct with Samsung UK is that you get the Buds Live with the phone whereas everywhere else you have to put in a claim and then wait another 45 days to get them.

By the way, for the freebie, I haven't decided between the gaming bundle or the buds. I have the original buds and just wear them for exercise, I've a very good set of Sony's for anything home/office based, I've a few Shield Controllers I could pair with the phone but I'd missing out on the 3 months free sub which I'll probably never use.

Another first world problem I know.

I'm the same, I don't do any gaming and I have several pairs of TWS earbuds, I'm sure the Buds Live will sell easy enough if I don't like them though.

• Advertisement

I'm only just after realizing that the Note 10 came with USB-C headphones, I never even took them out of the sleeve in the box let alone out of the box so headphone aren't really my thing.

Parcel is out for delivery......lovely.
    Neighbours will think I'm mad sitting in the window watching everything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

I feel like I've read your comments in the past for previous phone launches.

Jealous.

My is pre ordered for collect in CPW on Friday. Sucks they don't let anyone pick up earlier if they have them already..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

:D:D

No movement from Samsung yet :(

And we wait........

523439.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

kaizersoze wrote: »
    And we wait........

Have the armour and the neo hybrid my self.

I like the idea of having the kick stand but fear too much bulk.

Clareman wrote: »
    No movement from Samsung yet :(

Nightline from Samsung store is next day delivery so I'm not expecting movement until tomorrow.

I hope I don't have a repeat of the note 10+ pre-order last year.
    Arrived on Friday as expected but I missed the delivery. Delivery made on Monday but it had clearly been opened over the weekend. Seal broken, cables unraveled and screen damaged.:mad:

Thor wrote: »
    Have the armour and the neo hybrid my self.

I like the idea of having the kick stand but fear too much bulk.

That's what I have on the Note 10+ and I love it.
    Went for the kickstand this time. Opened it there now and it seems fine. Bigger obviously to accommodate the bigger device but very little bulk.

• Advertisement

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Nightline from Samsung store is next day delivery so I'm not expecting movement until tomorrow.

I hope I don't have a repeat of the note 10+ pre-order last year.
    Arrived on Friday as expected but I missed the delivery. Delivery made on Monday but it had clearly been opened over the weekend. Seal broken, cables unraveled and screen damaged.:mad:

Nightmare

Advertisement